Actually it's Schnayblay mrschneeebly's Avatar
    mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question about modifying/sturdyizing my squat rack plus a video tour of my home gym.

Hey guys, my body solid squat rack has been good to me. I bought it and a bench and some plates off craigslist for $100 about a year ago. Anyways I'm wanting to remove the lat tower extension that's on it, but removing that(along with the unlevel ground) causes it to be a little less stable. Are there any modifications you guys would recommend to stabilize this guy? I was thinking maybe extend the back out a little and even put racks for my weight on it. I'm going to paint it as well. If yall have any suggestions they'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and it looks like my homegym video tour is a no go though. Its on youtube I just can't embed it. Here's the stuff in the url after the youtube.com if interested. /watch?v=VNJjk3YKylM and if you watch it, you'll want to change the quality to 480p.
    Attached Images
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
    -Hebrews 12:11-12

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrschneeebly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Thanks man!
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can't view the video because I'm at work. Is your home gym in a place where you could drill some holes through the base of the rack and drill it to the floor?

If that's not an option then maybe a piece of wood or steel attached to the back, where the lat pulldown is, to provide the same contact surface to the ground. Sandbags draped over the base of the rack might work too.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
    I can't view the video because I'm at work. Is your home gym in a place where you could drill some holes through the base of the rack and drill it to the floor?

If that's not an option then maybe a piece of wood or steel attached to the back, where the lat pulldown is, to provide the same contact surface to the ground. Sandbags draped over the base of the rack might work too.
    This is a suggestion on the cheap, but you could keep the bottom bolt on section of the lat tower, run some rod through the top upright bolt hole and hang some small plates on them. Keeps the stability and adds some cheap storage.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    This is a suggestion on the cheap, but you could keep the bottom bolt on section of the lat tower, run some rod through the top upright bolt hole and hang some small plates on them. Keeps the stability and adds some cheap storage.
    Ah I like that!

Originally Posted by smokeater View Post

Well my squat rack is outside, I suppose I could get a u-type bolt or bar and drive it into the ground to stabilize.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrschneeebly View Post
    Well my squat rack is outside, I suppose I could get a u-type bolt or bar and drive it into the ground to stabilize.
    If it's outside then my suggestion may not be the most practical. GarageIron's suggestion may be more realistic

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sandbags to weigh id down, and then pad/fill up the voids underneith the rack with something would be your cheapest method.

Depending on your budget and whether you can get the materials cheap, how about building a concrete plinth?
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Sandbags to weigh id down, and then pad/fill up the voids underneith the rack with something would be your cheapest method.

Depending on your budget and whether you can get the materials cheap, how about building a concrete plinth?
    Right now I'm probably gonna have to go with the sandbag route, later on I'll probably add a weight plate rack to it, a concrete plinth would be legit though! Thanks for the ideas guys!

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post

Hey man, I'm going sandbag method. How much weight in sand should I get? Thanks.