GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The waiting game begins...

As some of you may know--or those that care, whichever comes first--I love writing, and while it has yet to make me independently wealthy, it's something I enjoy doing.

Recently, a couple of publishers offered me contracts and one I took. The other, I'm waiting for the owner to send me the contract and I'll have a looksee. Thing is, one always has to wait, in some cases, up to a year. I'm willing to, as it will give me more time to revise, correct, improve, and hopefully turn out a superior product. In the meantime I'll continue working on new ideas. There's always something out there one can write about.

Just out of curiosity, what would everyone else like to put on pen and paper, or in cyberspace?
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the contract!
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    As some of you may know--or those that care, whichever comes first--I love writing, and while it has yet to make me independently wealthy, it's something I enjoy doing.

Recently, a couple of publishers offered me contracts and one I took. The other, I'm waiting for the owner to send me the contract and I'll have a looksee. Thing is, one always has to wait, in some cases, up to a year. I'm willing to, as it will give me more time to revise, correct, improve, and hopefully turn out a superior product. In the meantime I'll continue working on new ideas. There's always something out there one can write about.

Just out of curiosity, what would everyone else like to put on pen and paper, or in cyberspace?
    Congrats on the contracts Guy. Its always nice to be able to earn a living off something you love to do and not many of us get to do that
    pick it up and put it down

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jeffaus View Post
    Congrats on the contracts Guy. Its always nice to be able to earn a living off something you love to do and not many of us get to do that
    ---

Thanks (you too, Karl), but earning a living?

Fuggedaboutit. Unless you're very good--and usually, very lucky--you just survive in this game which is why I haven't given up teaching, nor will I. My sister likes romance novelists and one of her favorite writers puts out about eight books a year, goes to all the conventions, blogs, sends out freebies, does all the Internet connections...and still isn't rich. Just the way it is. So unless either of my novels (and any future ones) suddenly catch fire and Hollywood comes a'callin', I'll still be writing and working.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ---

Thanks (you too, Karl), but earning a living?

Fuggedaboutit. Unless you're very good--and usually, very lucky--you just survive in this game which is why I haven't given up teaching, nor will I. My sister likes romance novelists and one of her favorite writers puts out about eight books a year, goes to all the conventions, blogs, sends out freebies, does all the Internet connections...and still isn't rich. Just the way it is. So unless either of my novels (and any future ones) suddenly catch fire and Hollywood comes a'callin', I'll still be writing and working.
    If you love writing, then thats reward enough in itself, if you happen to get rich off it aka, Rawling, then thats the cherry on the cake. so keep doing what you love.
    pick it up and put it down

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congratulations!

Even if you don't get rich, it's nice to have the professional affirmation.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Woot!

I'd like to see an international hacker espionage thriller!
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Woot!

I'd like to see an international hacker espionage thriller!
    ---

I don't do comedies....

waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000) waldopepper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How about a story where the leader of a large nation persuades half of the populace to consume something (eg Kool Aid) that makes them believe anything he says and do anything he says. And the more they listen to him, and follow him, their bodies become hideous and they yearn to consume the flesh of the non-believers. I'm not sure how you'd end it - maybe have the good guys come up with an antidote for the Kool Aid that lets them see that their dear leader is really a hideous leech that cannot survive without feeding off of the non-believers. Oh, and when the believers start to turn in to these hideous flesh consumers maybe you could portray them like the people in Soylent Green (EDIT: meant to say "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"). Always loved that movie.
    Last edited by waldopepper; 11-09-2012 at 11:16 AM.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the contract, I hope you hit it big.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, i admire that you can make a little money off something you love.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by waldopepper View Post
    How about a story where the leader of a large nation persuades half of the populace to consume something (eg Kool Aid) that makes them believe anything he says and do anything he says. And the more they listen to him, and follow him, their bodies become hideous and they yearn to consume the flesh of the non-believers. I'm not sure how you'd end it - maybe have the good guys come up with an antidote for the Kool Aid that lets them see that their dear leader is really a hideous leech that cannot survive without feeding off of the non-believers. Oh, and when the believers start to turn in to these hideous flesh consumers maybe you could portray them like the people in Soylent Green. Always loved that movie.
    I'm pretty sure GuyJin only writes fiction.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by waldopepper View Post
    How about a story where the leader of a large nation persuades half of the populace to consume something (eg Kool Aid) that makes them believe anything he says and do anything he says. And the more they listen to him, and follow him, their bodies become hideous and they yearn to consume the flesh of the non-believers. I'm not sure how you'd end it - maybe have the good guys come up with an antidote for the Kool Aid that lets them see that their dear leader is really a hideous leech that cannot survive without feeding off of the non-believers. Oh, and when the believers start to turn in to these hideous flesh consumers maybe you could portray them like the people in Soylent Green. Always loved that movie.
    ---

I don't do tragedies, either....

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ---

I don't do tragedies, either....

On spread... LOL.

2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aware and empathize strongly.

Congrats! I'm glad someone else picked your work up.
    1 thing computers and programs can never replace is the creativity of the human mind.

I started this when I had oodles of time and had not yet competed;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...itness+factory
    I'd like to finish it.
    Don't think its book material but think its got the potential for a long running series in a bb'ing mag like MuscleMag (the only mag I can think of that prints "stories" like this).
    In the mean time I keep competing and the stories in my head continue to grow.

I'd imagine being an author is not an easy job. Writing mostly alone, maybe liking what you're writing but wondering if its actually good or if its just in your head.

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ---

So unless either of my novels (and any future ones) suddenly catch fire and Hollywood comes a'callin', I'll still be writing and working.
    You just gotta get oprah or one of her drs. (phil or oz) to pimp your book......you'll be top 10 in days.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChickenPauk View Post
    You just gotta get oprah or one of her drs. (phil or oz) to pimp your book......you'll be top 10 in days.
    Or write some hausfrau "erotica" like fifty shades.

Congrats to you GuyJin!

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What about an o35 miscer serial killer... all of the user names start disappearing with various clues posted in their last posts... Who will go first???

Btw, congrats!
    David

ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChickenPauk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    What about an o35 miscer serial killer... all of the user names start disappearing with various clues posted in their last posts... Who will go first???

Btw, congrats!
    Good idea --- I'll pass on first, but will assume you volunteered for '2nd' ?

Who's on third?^^^

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
    Oh, sorry, wrong team....

Brian, you're right in your comments. Writing IS an 'alone' thing and to me, the loneliest activity out there and yes, the action always begins and ends in my own backyard which is where the best adventures are, anyway. I often read my text aloud or the clunky passages and think how they can be improved and when I look back over past stuff I've written, even if a publisher out there accepted it, to me, it's never good enough. I may be a decent writer now but I want to be better than good.

Can't write erotica, though, DM. I did try once, just for fun, but it turned out waaaaaaaaay too pornographic and it's not a genre I'd like to write in, anyway.

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just finished reading your blog GuyJin. Good stuff there You definitely have talent sir! Best of luck to you!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal