Csmith4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back In The Game

Alright guys, after finally getting over a broken leg, I'm ready to start weight training again. I previously trained for about 6 months as a beginner until my injury. Now I am ready to start back up again. My brother is going to be my personal trainer at no cost, as he is an athletic training major. He has designed a strength and speed 8 week program for me that I will be starting on Monday of next week around 6:30 A.M. four days a week. My question for you guys is what do you think my best options for supplements/post-work out shakes are? Mass Gainers? Creatine?
    I am already on a one a day vitamin, I am just looking for things to help my overall strength gains. Please leave any advice, Thanks!
    "I do now what others won't, so I can have later what others can't"

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Creatine and beta-alanine are my top choices for increasing strength. Grab a protein powder if you need more protein in addition to what you're getting from whole foods. I would only consider a mass gainer if you're struggling to eat and gain weight. For a protein powder, I don't think it gets any better than Trutein: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tr...n/trutein.html

Csmith4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my problem is that I have a problem getting down enough carbs, so I thought a mass gainer would provide the carbs and protein at the same time for post-workout. I'll definitely look into the beta-alanine coupled with creatine though.
    "I do now what others won't, so I can have later what others can't"

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Csmith4 View Post
    Well my problem is that I have a problem getting down enough carbs, so I thought a mass gainer would provide the carbs and protein at the same time for post-workout. I'll definitely look into the beta-alanine coupled with creatine though.
    Don't get caught up in thinking you need the carbs and protein immediately surging into your muscles following a workout. Your overall dietary intake is what matters, not the timing. I typically arrive home and make a sludge bowl with cereal and diced fruit after workouts. If you want a shake, I suggest mixing the protein powder with oats, granola, fruit, etc. in a blender.