spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Credit system, must have for independent contractors.

Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to drop some infomation on a system I have been working on creating since April for myself and have seen a lot of great turn over thus far. If you work for a gym this is going to be nearly impossible but if you have your own facility or work as an independant contractor this is a must have.

#1 Youneed to brand yourself, do something that nobody else in your town is doing, there is a reason speciality doctors, such as cardiologist, make much more than your standard family doctor. They do this because they stand out. You might love body weight workouts, maybe kettlebells, you could have the best barbell workouts in town, or your have the most success with ploymetrics. Whatever the case is, find something special for yourself. Do one thing and do it right. BE THE BEST AT IT!

#2 Start to network and network right, you can join things like Chamber of commerce, Business Networking Internations(BNI). These groups are literally walking sales men and women for you. It is the best money you will ever spend on any business. No billboard, E-mail marketing, rack cards, or business card will work as well for you as these groups do.

#3 Start challenges and run them right. (If you need help with further marketing please send me a PM) Do fun little contests. 6-8 weeks is all the time you need, make this way cheaper than you normally would charge. Run these throughout the year and realize you will not make money off of these right away but you will have a good turnover rate, and make a lot of money in the long run, my last challegne had a 100% turnover rate, I made literally 4.47/ class of profit, but I had a 100% turnover rate and it ended up making me nearly 16000 for the course of the next year. WHOA. Do things like an 8 week new years challenge, 6 week spring fling fat furnace, 6 week summer slim down, Winter ready challenge, seven week holiday survival slim down. Things like that will have a huge turn over rate.

#4 HAVE AWESOME FUN WORKOUTS. Do not be a drill sargent, nobody likes having you in their face screaming at them to do another push-up. You will not get referals from that, be nice, have fun and create great workouts.

#5 Develop tiers of training.
    a. Large group training, (20+ people), your large boot camps, yoga classes, step areobics spin classes etc etc.
    b. Small group (5-10 people) here is where you make your money, these classes are things like metabolic kettlebell, fit body classes.
    c. Semi private (3-5 people) here are things like powerlifting classes, bosybuilding classes, athletic performance classes etc etc. BY APPLICATION ONLY
    d. Private coaching (1 on 1 sessions)

As you can see it gets more private and better and better for the client and you can charge more and more as you go up in tiers.

#5 Generate leads and follow up, if you think clients will walk into your site and say I am ready to workout where do I sign up you're wrong. You need to create leads and lots of them. Buy some lead boxes and place them around town, go into a grocery store and talk to the manager and say you want to give them and their employees a free 6 week body transformation challenge, where they will be able to come into you small group or large group classes for no charge (give them 45% off private coaching and 55% off semi private). You will do all assessments and keep track of progress and give away AWESOME PRIZES. All they have to do is ask everyone this question at the checkout counter. "*Insert you name here* is a personal trainer in town and he/she is going to give a free grocery store tour to teach you how to shop right for a healthly lifestyle and they were wondering if you would be interested in signing up, it is completely free of charge and all you have to do is fill out this sheet and they will contact you. "
    THese people check out hundreds or thousands of people each day and you will have a 5-10% turnover rate of people who are interested and you're already that much closer to sealing a deal.
    Talk to people at hair salons and have them do the exact same thing, just replace grocery store tour with "Since you have gotten a new hair cut *insert name hair* a local personal trainer was wondering if youwould be interested in transforming your entire apperence, all you have to do is fill out this little slip and they will contact you"

You are on your way to increasing leads by 10 fold. If they weren't doing this for you, you would have to do it so you might as well give them a heck of a deal right?

#6 DON'T BEAT OUT IN PRICE beat them out in level of satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Get an EFT system and set them up on a year contract.

CREDIT SYSTEM!!!!!!
    Alright here is what is going to make you awesome and I will use my business as an example. We set up a credit system, so instead of charging them per class, or per session you charge them oer credit.
    I do $5.00 a credit.
    Large group is one credit
    Small group is three credits
    Semi- Private is 6 creidts
    One to one- 11 credits.

So what you do is sell them on a package of 312 credits, or two small group classes a week. Then you multiply that by 5 and you get 1500 something, and then divide that by 12 months, which comes out to be 130 dollars a month.... Now you gave them all 312 credits... they can use them as they want. For any kind of training. No matter how many credits they use, you still only charge them 130... so if they have a wedding coming up and need to use 44 credits that month, well you take that many off their package, if they go to mexico and they dont use any for a month you still charge them 130 and over the course of the year they will pay all of them off. If they need to buy more.... well let them.

An EFT and contract lets you know how much you are going to make so you don't have to worry about comission based pay, you can be a trainer and know how much you will make.

Pretty easy stuff right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?

If you have any questions please feel free to ask in this thread or PM me.

P.S. MOST IMPORTANT create areferal system for your clients as an incentive to bring in their friends. HAVE A TON OF ENERGY AND MAKE THEM WANT TO WORKOUT WITH YOU.

I have been using this system since april and I have made over 300% of what I did last year total.

Waylon
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by spud1345 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to drop some infomation on a system I have been working on creating since April for myself and have seen a lot of great turn over thus far. If you work for a gym this is going to be nearly impossible but if you have your own facility or work as an independant contractor this is a must have.

#1 Youneed to brand yourself, do something that nobody else in your town is doing, there is a reason speciality doctors, such as cardiologist, make much more than your standard family doctor. They do this because they stand out. You might love body weight workouts, maybe kettlebells, you could have the best barbell workouts in town, or your have the most success with ploymetrics. Whatever the case is, find something special for yourself. Do one thing and do it right. BE THE BEST AT IT!

#2 Start to network and network right, you can join things like Chamber of commerce, Business Networking Internations(BNI). These groups are literally walking sales men and women for you. It is the best money you will ever spend on any business. No billboard, E-mail marketing, rack cards, or business card will work as well for you as these groups do.

#3 Start challenges and run them right. (If you need help with further marketing please send me a PM) Do fun little contests. 6-8 weeks is all the time you need, make this way cheaper than you normally would charge. Run these throughout the year and realize you will not make money off of these right away but you will have a good turnover rate, and make a lot of money in the long run, my last challegne had a 100% turnover rate, I made literally 4.47/ class of profit, but I had a 100% turnover rate and it ended up making me nearly 16000 for the course of the next year. WHOA. Do things like an 8 week new years challenge, 6 week spring fling fat furnace, 6 week summer slim down, Winter ready challenge, seven week holiday survival slim down. Things like that will have a huge turn over rate.

#4 HAVE AWESOME FUN WORKOUTS. Do not be a drill sargent, nobody likes having you in their face screaming at them to do another push-up. You will not get referals from that, be nice, have fun and create great workouts.

#5 Develop tiers of training.
    a. Large group training, (20+ people), your large boot camps, yoga classes, step areobics spin classes etc etc.
    b. Small group (5-10 people) here is where you make your money, these classes are things like metabolic kettlebell, fit body classes.
    c. Semi private (3-5 people) here are things like powerlifting classes, bosybuilding classes, athletic performance classes etc etc. BY APPLICATION ONLY
    d. Private coaching (1 on 1 sessions)

As you can see it gets more private and better and better for the client and you can charge more and more as you go up in tiers.

#5 Generate leads and follow up, if you think clients will walk into your site and say I am ready to workout where do I sign up you're wrong. You need to create leads and lots of them. Buy some lead boxes and place them around town, go into a grocery store and talk to the manager and say you want to give them and their employees a free 6 week body transformation challenge, where they will be able to come into you small group or large group classes for no charge (give them 45% off private coaching and 55% off semi private). You will do all assessments and keep track of progress and give away AWESOME PRIZES. All they have to do is ask everyone this question at the checkout counter. "*Insert you name here* is a personal trainer in town and he/she is going to give a free grocery store tour to teach you how to shop right for a healthly lifestyle and they were wondering if you would be interested in signing up, it is completely free of charge and all you have to do is fill out this sheet and they will contact you. "
    THese people check out hundreds or thousands of people each day and you will have a 5-10% turnover rate of people who are interested and you're already that much closer to sealing a deal.
    Talk to people at hair salons and have them do the exact same thing, just replace grocery store tour with "Since you have gotten a new hair cut *insert name hair* a local personal trainer was wondering if youwould be interested in transforming your entire apperence, all you have to do is fill out this little slip and they will contact you"

You are on your way to increasing leads by 10 fold. If they weren't doing this for you, you would have to do it so you might as well give them a heck of a deal right?

#6 DON'T BEAT OUT IN PRICE beat them out in level of satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Get an EFT system and set them up on a year contract.

CREDIT SYSTEM!!!!!!
    Alright here is what is going to make you awesome and I will use my business as an example. We set up a credit system, so instead of charging them per class, or per session you charge them oer credit.
    I do $5.00 a credit.
    Large group is one credit
    Small group is three credits
    Semi- Private is 6 creidts
    One to one- 11 credits.

So what you do is sell them on a package of 312 credits, or two small group classes a week. Then you multiply that by 5 and you get 1500 something, and then divide that by 12 months, which comes out to be 130 dollars a month.... Now you gave them all 312 credits... they can use them as they want. For any kind of training. No matter how many credits they use, you still only charge them 130... so if they have a wedding coming up and need to use 44 credits that month, well you take that many off their package, if they go to mexico and they dont use any for a month you still charge them 130 and over the course of the year they will pay all of them off. If they need to buy more.... well let them.

An EFT and contract lets you know how much you are going to make so you don't have to worry about comission based pay, you can be a trainer and know how much you will make.

Pretty easy stuff right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?

If you have any questions please feel free to ask in this thread or PM me.

P.S. MOST IMPORTANT create areferal system for your clients as an incentive to bring in their friends. HAVE A TON OF ENERGY AND MAKE THEM WANT TO WORKOUT WITH YOU.

I have been using this system since april and I have made over 300% of what I did last year total.

Waylon
    Good info. thanks

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post!

One question re: the lead boxes. I am ordering 5 lead boxes as a trial and will place them in local Hair Salons and such. What would you recommend is a good thing to have on the actual box itself?

What would be a good call to action? Money off? Prizes? Free e-book emailed to them?

Basically I do not want to attract only those who are looking for a free session/bargain.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RevolutionFF View Post
    Great post!

One question re: the lead boxes. I am ordering 5 lead boxes as a trial and will place them in local Hair Salons and such. What would you recommend is a good thing to have on the actual box itself?

What would be a good call to action? Money off? Prizes? Free e-book emailed to them?

Basically I do not want to attract only those who are looking for a free session/bargain.

Good question. I do enter to win free pt sessions. It gets people excites for it. They love free and make sure you tell them the value of it. On the box say "Entries may receive (insert e book name here) Hurry now only 15 copied available, accountability program and fitness assessment FREE." Then what you do is go check leads every two days and start making the calls. You then get them into your gym and do a consult run the assessment give them a paper copy as well as the digital copy of each the book and accountability program. Then give them a free week of classes to try it out.

Since you already do assessments and consults free that wont be an issue.

When you call them tell them, you are sorry to inform them they did not when the big prize but they did when the small prize (book, accountability program, and assessment). Everyone gets the little stuff, after you do all that then say... Are you interested in starting your journey to transforming you life? Wait for their answer and slowly shake your head yes. When they say yes, tell them GREAT here is my class schedule, and you have one week of unlimited classes ... which one will I see you in first?

Then you male that week the best they have ever had. After the week you personally follow up, no waiting. If they still don't know after a week, say. "I want this for so bad that I am going to extend your trial to 21you days for only $49.00, all unlimited classes. Would you like to give that a shot?
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the take home message is that if you get business by getting out there and thinking outside of the box.

The credit system seems like it would be interesting, but could be a complete nightmare for someone who is not on top of their paperwork. I can only imagine you end up spending at least 20 minutes per day recording the credits for each person? For example, if I'm your client and I say hey, I wanted to know how many credit I have left? I can only assume that you have a method of recording all of the classes/sessions that someone has attended.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Great sales information. You're telling people to get out, hustle and generate leads through promotions, which is something independent trainers need to do a lot more of. However, I didn't see any mention of referral based selling, it is all about lead generation.

You can't nod at someone to prompt them when you are on the phone. And that whole credit thing is really confusing in my opinion. Why not just have a really easily streamlined menu of services so people know exactly what they are signing up for and how long?

You're 20 years old - how long have you been a successful trainer? And by trainer I mean long term clients staying for long periods of time and getting results and referring people that they know so that you have a waiting list. I find that trainers who need to generate lots of leads in salesman ways need to work a lot more on retaining the clients that they have, not finding new ones. While they can sell, they can't do anything for the people once they have them.

Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    I think the take home message is that if you get business by getting out there and thinking outside of the box.

The credit system seems like it would be interesting, but could be a complete nightmare for someone who is not on top of their paperwork. I can only imagine you end up spending at least 20 minutes per day recording the credits for each person? For example, if I'm your client and I say hey, I wanted to know how many credit I have left? I can only assume that you have a method of recording all of the classes/sessions that someone has attended.
    Not at all a challenge, you have sign in sheets at the front of your class for each class/ lesson. Save all of those in a file and once a week pull up each persons excel sheet and put date if service, # of credits used, and the used column is added a the bottom and you subtract it from credits purchased.
    Simple tip, never make a sale over the phone, you get the appointment then make the sale in person therefore you will always nod.
    For a good referal program you say this for " I am going to help you achieve your fitness goal, so you think you could help me achieve my goals as a trainer (insert head nod here ) great and there is a little incentive in it for you. Now I built my business on referrals and I love them, everytime you refer someone to me I will give you 10% of all the money they paid me. I have members here who have refered so many people to me I am literally paying them to workout with me. I want to do the same for you. In our journey together can your promise me you'll try your best to do that? They say yes stand up shake their hand and say good we have ourselves a deal!

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i bookmarked this thread to read as i started independent and now have my own studio...

I ordered leadboxes about three weeks ago and just today printed the header for them, all ready to go. How do you get people to put these in their place? My idea was to offer them something in return but a salon, i'm not sure what they would want or if some of these places would just do it for nothing in return.

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also...i do a referral program

everyone i have pays a month in advance...i do months not packages, 90% of my clients are on recurring billing and are billed every 4 weeks. I think thats the best way to go. Referral wise I offer one free week based on what the other person signs up for

so jane signs up for 3x a week or 12x a month.....i'd give joe 3 sessions based on janes signup. It HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL. I've gotten a handful of referrals but clearly not enough incentive.

Every blue moon i'll send out an email and say "for the remainder of this week, if you bring in someone to sign up by friday i'll give you TWO free weeks!" and i've gotten a few extra from that but I feel that doesn't work well.

Not sure if giving cash back for referrals is good (all purchases are non-refundable). But referrals def have not carried my business....SEO has and google has been unreliable lately. Not sure if its these changes google is making or if its the holiday season approaching that has slowed down my leads.

MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxFuark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There was another thread about referrals a couple weeks ago. In my experience, if your clients like you and think you are a good traimer, they are going to refer you to their friends no matter what if anything you offer in return.

Nobody sais "well Joe is a good trainer and my friend is interested but I only get a free week if I refer someone so I'm not gonna bother until I get more".

It's more to do with what kind of people they are and what their friends are like. I have a guy I've trained for 1.5 years and he has had amazing results yet has never referreded a single friend. He said his friends are lazy and don't want to work out. Then I had a girl who only trained with me for a couple weeks and referred two separate friends because they were interested and asked her when they found out she was seeing a trainer. That was without even mentioning about rewards for referrals.
    -We're all gonna make it brah-

Fan of classic trance? Like Fuark Classic Peakin' Tracks on ********
    ********.com/FuarkClassicPeakingTracks

*A State of Trance Crew*

~Getting shredded in memory of Zyzz~

Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Great sales information. You're telling people to get out, hustle and generate leads through promotions, which is something independent trainers need to do a lot more of. However, I didn't see any mention of referral based selling, it is all about lead generation.

You can't nod at someone to prompt them when you are on the phone. And that whole credit thing is really confusing in my opinion. Why not just have a really easily streamlined menu of services so people know exactly what they are signing up for and how long?

You're 20 years old - how long have you been a successful trainer? And by trainer I mean long term clients staying for long periods of time and getting results and referring people that they know so that you have a waiting list. I find that trainers who need to generate lots of leads in salesman ways need to work a lot more on retaining the clients that they have, not finding new ones. While they can sell, they can't do anything for the people once they have them.
    I have never had an issue with being full. Why? I only have three one to one clients and they are referrals from physical therapists and need strength work done to their core. I can always shuffle people into large, or small group classes. Until I have 450 clients coming in each week and 20 one to one each week I will never be full. With that being said no trainer should be that full ever and if they are well props to them because they make 1.5 million a year at my prices. All weight loss, 'toning' muscle building get put into a small group class, all the people who exercise as stress relievers are put into a large group.. right there is 98% of trainer revenue and clientèle. I make anywhere from 3000-4500 a month training and i has been that way since April and I think for a 2nd year trainer that is pretty damn good.

I take one weekend a month and make all my small group and large group workouts, semi private is simple and one to one is on a needed basis, my workouts work and get results.... never question that again please. The credit system is great because they buy 312 credits for a year and can use them any way they want, large small semi private or private... Makes it awesome that way... I love it. I spend 36 hours a week training... I sleep for 56, that leaves 76 hours a week to be a salesmen. I can do a lot with 76 hours a week to sell... Training and being a successful trainer is a 12-15 hours a day job, not 8-10.

Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    i bookmarked this thread to read as i started independent and now have my own studio...

I ordered leadboxes about three weeks ago and just today printed the header for them, all ready to go. How do you get people to put these in their place? My idea was to offer them something in return but a salon, i'm not sure what they would want or if some of these places would just do it for nothing in return.
    Salons are easy, tell them you'll give a coupon to every member you have. You can also tell the salon manager or owner that you'll give them free unlimited classes to them and their hairstylists for 6 weeks while your lead box is out and they are promting you.... you're already holding classes you might as well invite a few friends. Since you will be doing a free chairty workout you can say.. This month all proceeds go to locks of love to help pay for the wigs they create, then you have a stylist from a salon and style hair or color it, and they can hand out all their promo items.
    Physical therapists will love you forever if you partner with them and help their patients out. They will always put a lead box in their clinic.
    Offer free classes to the person in charge of these places as long as you have your box out... do six week lead runs and then once you take those lead boxes down it will already be a habit of theirs and they will buy an eft year package.
    also...i do a referral program

everyone i have pays a month in advance...i do months not packages, 90% of my clients are on recurring billing and are billed every 4 weeks. I think thats the best way to go. Referral wise I offer one free week based on what the other person signs up for

so jane signs up for 3x a week or 12x a month.....i'd give joe 3 sessions based on janes signup. It HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL. I've gotten a handful of referrals but clearly not enough incentive.

Every blue moon i'll send out an email and say "for the remainder of this week, if you bring in someone to sign up by friday i'll give you TWO free weeks!" and i've gotten a few extra from that but I feel that doesn't work well.

Not sure if giving cash back for referrals is good (all purchases are non-refundable). But referrals def have not carried my business....SEO has and google has been unreliable lately. Not sure if its these changes google is making or if its the holiday season approaching that has slowed down my leads.
    People love cash... If you go to a tire shop and it says buy two tires and receive $200.00 cash, or it says buy two tires get on free... the tire costs 200 which one do you do.... you go with the cash 95% of the time... think about it.

You'll give Bob 156/year back because he referred chris well, Chris is paying you 1560 for that year... bob still pays you 1404 a year.... between those two you make 2964 a year .... and only spend 156... thats a 2800 margin... you would be a fool not to take a 2808 margin.

You arent refunding them a session if you do my referral program, all youre doing is giving 10%.

Originally Posted by MaxFuark View Post
    There was another thread about referrals a couple weeks ago. In my experience, if your clients like you and think you are a good traimer, they are going to refer you to their friends no matter what if anything you offer in return.

Nobody sais "well Joe is a good trainer and my friend is interested but I only get a free week if I refer someone so I'm not gonna bother until I get more".

It's more to do with what kind of people they are and what their friends are like. I have a guy I've trained for 1.5 years and he has had amazing results yet has never referreded a single friend. He said his friends are lazy and don't want to work out. Then I had a girl who only trained with me for a couple weeks and referred two separate friends because they were interested and asked her when they found out she was seeing a trainer. That was without even mentioning about rewards for referrals.
    People do things when cash is in front of them! I built my program off of referrals literally, 90% of the members i have are from a referral program

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have never had an issue with being full. Why? I only have three one to one clients and they are referrals from physical therapists and need strength work done to their core. I can always shuffle people into large, or small group classes. Until I have 450 clients coming in each week and 20 one to one each week I will never be full. With that being said no trainer should be that full ever and if they are well props to them because they make 1.5 million a year at my prices. All weight loss, 'toning' muscle building get put into a small group class, all the people who exercise as stress relievers are put into a large group.. right there is 98% of trainer revenue and clientèle. I make anywhere from 3000-4500 a month training and i has been that way since April and I think for a 2nd year trainer that is pretty damn good.

I take one weekend a month and make all my small group and large group workouts, semi private is simple and one to one is on a needed basis, my workouts work and get results.... never question that again please. The credit system is great because they buy 312 credits for a year and can use them any way they want, large small semi private or private... Makes it awesome that way... I love it. I spend 36 hours a week training... I sleep for 56, that leaves 76 hours a week to be a salesmen. I can do a lot with 76 hours a week to sell... Training and being a successful trainer is a 12-15 hours a day job, not 8-10.
    This is my point. You're a salesman - not a personal trainer. Maybe a group exercise instructor..

You admitted yourself you have maybe three one on one clients and everyone else gets shuffled into group exercise which means five or more people are getting the exact same workout. You program everything in a weekend. I have over 100 people coming in every week because I'm a spinning instructor, but I am not personal training these people.

Like I said before, kudos for you for setting up great sales systems.

This is my point. You're a salesman - not a personal trainer. Maybe a group exercise instructor..

You admitted yourself you have maybe three one on one clients and everyone else gets shuffled into group exercise which means five or more people are getting the exact same workout. You program everything in a weekend. I have over 100 people coming in every week because I'm a spinning instructor, but I am not personal training these people.

Like I said before, kudos for you for setting up great sales systems.
    Well was this post about how to be a good trainer or how to sell. I am a personal trainer too, and I went through to one to ones but I had to work three hours to make what I make in one hour now. I didn't like that.

I wrote about how to sell personal training, which all of these things can be used for one to ones as well as group classes, or spin, or kettlebell, or zumba or anything.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good info, you obviously have a good mentor/coaching program as what you are saying is very good.

The credit system sounds like a bit of a nightmare really from both ends.

IMO it can make things rather confusing for a client who is given too many choices and a rostering nightmare from your end. You roster will be changing from week to week and will make it hard to forecast numbers and future availabilities.

In regards to fun sessions, sure its important for them to be fun but its also important to get results. Finding the balance between the 2 is difficult. i would rather market to clients who want results rather than clients who want "fun" sessions. Clients who want fun sessions are usually the ones who are not as dedicated to the ones that are there fore results. Results based clients are the ones that build the business as you get awesome testimonials and referrals from them.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Solid info. Sounded like I was reading my business coaches info haha. Can't say I agree with the credit system though. EFT is a definite must.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Great tips here Spud! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you typically charge one on one clients? And how much per client in a 5 people group training setting?

Originally Posted by PerFit View Post
    Good info, you obviously have a good mentor/coaching program as what you are saying is very good.

The credit system sounds like a bit of a nightmare really from both ends.

IMO it can make things rather confusing for a client who is given too many choices and a rostering nightmare from your end. You roster will be changing from week to week and will make it hard to forecast numbers and future availabilities.

In regards to fun sessions, sure its important for them to be fun but its also important to get results. Finding the balance between the 2 is difficult. i would rather market to clients who want results rather than clients who want "fun" sessions. Clients who want fun sessions are usually the ones who are not as dedicated to the ones that are there fore results. Results based clients are the ones that build the business as you get awesome testimonials and referrals from them.

When I started it was but now we all have it pretty much down. I give results but I always make sure I throw in little fun games at the start or finish of them, for fun.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

Originally Posted by BodyQuest1 View Post
    Great tips here Spud! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you typically charge one on one clients? And how much per client in a 5 people group training setting?
    One to one is 55, semi private which is up to 5 is 30 a person and small group is 15for a person.
    Most my revenue is from small group classes

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Solid info. Sounded like I was reading my business coaches info haha. Can't say I agree with the credit system though. EFT is a definite must.

I spent a lot of time reading and learning right away, I interned with a guy and day one he said. " you can have the best workouts the most knowledge and the highest certifications, but if you can't sell yourself you wont make a damn dime "
    And I never wanted that so I took a lot of time to sell myself attended seminars and learned from some high quality business people

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This is where I'm at too, Edgar. What did you put on the headers to make them stand out? Did you offer a prize of some sort to gain the leads?
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

Originally Posted by RevolutionFF View Post
    This is where I'm at too, Edgar. What did you put on the headers to make them stand out? Did you offer a prize of some sort to gain the leads?
    i designed the header...has my logo, pics of the studio and giving away one month of training for free....probably 8-30 minute sessions.....and i'll probably draw every 2 months or so but didn't mention that on the header.

main goal is to get their email and add to mailing list.

i can email you a pic of my leadbox

i designed the header...has my logo, pics of the studio and giving away one month of training for free....probably 8-30 minute sessions.....and i'll probably draw every 2 months or so but didn't mention that on the header.

main goal is to get their email and add to mailing list.

i can email you a pic of my leadbox
    What I do is give away a year free of training straight up. Tell them that on the first of feb you will pick the winner.. Collect leads and invite them in for things and the people who don't come in keep bothering them and inviting them in... weed out the people who actually want it from the leads, and then the ones who never come in or don't really want to at all, you pick the LEAST interested and give it away... because then in your e-mail marketing and poster marketing you can say. "Bob Howard won a free year of group training"
    Then it looks like you actually gave it away, he will come in for a week and never show up again. You wont be out anything but it will look good in the eyes of the public. If he does come in... well you generated enough leads to pay for his year of training

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***

What I do is give away a year free of training straight up. Tell them that on the first of feb you will pick the winner.. Collect leads and invite them in for things and the people who don't come in keep bothering them and inviting them in... weed out the people who actually want it from the leads, and then the ones who never come in or don't really want to at all, you pick the LEAST interested and give it away... because then in your e-mail marketing and poster marketing you can say. "Bob Howard won a free year of group training"
    Then it looks like you actually gave it away, he will come in for a week and never show up again. You wont be out anything but it will look good in the eyes of the public. If he does come in... well you generated enough leads to pay for his year of training
    Wow, that is just loaded with integrity.

Wow, that is just loaded with integrity.
    At least I give something away, most health clubs never give their stuff away

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***