abadsvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abadsvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If i worked out and then stopped how long?

Last week I was sick (flu) and I didn't get to work out. I still made sure I was over my calories by at least 500 and was curious if it was important for me to continue that routine through the entire week. I worked out of Friday and then on Monday I got sick. So my question is if I worked out on Friday and didn't work out all next week. Would it still benefit muscle growth by over eating 3-5 days later if you weren't able to workout or is that just going to add fat? Thanks

Josh

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post
    Last week I was sick (flu) and I didn't get to work out. I still made sure I was over my calories by at least 500 and was curious if it was important for me to continue that routine through the entire week. I worked out of Friday and then on Monday I got sick. So my question is if I worked out on Friday and didn't work out all next week. Would it still benefit muscle growth by over eating 3-5 days later if you weren't able to workout or is that just going to add fat? Thanks

Josh
    muscle!

Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aremfi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think this may have to do with preference, but if you got sick and didn't feel you could lift then it is better that you didn't. I personally would keep my diet even if I did take a week off of lifting. It wouldn't make a big impact being just one week either in my opinion.

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmm really if I stopped working out for a week I think I'd eat maintenance I mean I think that extra food for strength dont work when you're lifting up a remote but Im not a ghostbuster so Im not a scientist but you're gonna put on a pound. WHAT KIND OF POUND?!

I'd like someone to weigh in on this one
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

abadsvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abadsvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone. What I was thinking i should do is eat calorie surplus for 2-3 days after but then eat maintenance till I can go to the gym. Anyone have any scientific reasoning?

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have the flu it would be difficult to eat period, so I suspect you're lucky and it's not the flu. Having said that just be sure to get adequate amount of calories, you won't lose any substantial amount of muscle in that short of time and if you have an appetite, you likely won't lose any. GL

Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, how are you eating at all with the flu? Most people can't keep anything down. I doubt you have the flu