Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)

SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE Strawberry reviewed by Laneanders

So I am a big fan of SYNTHA-6 Strawberry, and when I saw Matz running a promo for the new Isolate I knew I wanted to give it a try. I figured I would go with my favorite flavor of SYNTHA-6 to date, aside from the new chocolate chip cookie dough that is.

So I have now tried SYNTHA-6 Strawberry ISOLATE in several mediums including: 2% milk, whole milk, water, almond milk, and with strawberry ice cream and 2% milk.

Here are my findings:

2% Milk + Strawberry SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE = 7.5/10 the flavor was much less palatable than the standard SYNTHA-6 Strawberry, which is sometimes the case when dropping flavoring to reduce carbs.

Whole Milk + Strawberry SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE = 8/10 the additional creamy nature of the whole milk vs. the 2% milk adds a little bit to this less than ideal flavoring.

WATER + Strawberry SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE = 6.5/10 generally speaking I dislike most proteins in water, and that doesn't change with this product. The thinner nature of the ISOLATE protein combined with a barely viscous material like water makes a less than ideal taste. It comes with an aftertaste I didn't really enjoy and it doesn't taste much like strawberry.

Almond milk + Strawberry SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE = 8.5/10 typically almond milk makes things taste better to me, and this was no exception. With almond milk this taste was much more acceptable, and although still much less tasty to me than the standard SYNTHA-6 Strawberry it was much improved.

ICE CREAM + MILK + STRAWBERRY SYNTHA - 6 ISOLATE = 9/10 I was excepting a 10/10 here, but the difference in the "strawberry" flavoring of the Strawberry Syntha-6 ISOLATE and the strawberry ice cream was noticeable. Instead of complimenting one another the flavors stood in stark contrast creating an unexpected flavor turbulence. It was still good, but I expected a seamless transition from the protein to the ice cream.

Overall Rating of 7.9/10

In conclusion, for an isolate the taste is acceptable. In comparison to the SYNTHA-6 Strawberry I have come to love, there is no comparison. The strawberry SYNTHA-6 is my second favorite strawberry flavored protein, the ISOLATE version is nowhere near that mark.

It is still decent and if priced competitively could be worth a purchase.