xaovang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SKINNY girl wants to gain muscle/ weight, NEED HELP!

OKAY, I know there are many questions like these, but I need more help.

A little background: 21 yrs old, 5'2, 98lbs (can't seem to pass 100lb anymore, heaviest I've been was 107lbs years ago).

Goals: Above 110lbs, not really picky on weight, just want to turn fat into muscle. I'm a skinny girl, but I do have meat. Mainly big jiggly thighs, butt, arm skin and SOME stomach rolls. No I am not disgusted with myself, I just want to be happier I want to be toned, have muscle, be healthy, have energy and strength!

I've done some research and found out that if I want to gain weight, I should be eating at least 2000 cal/day (body weight x 20 kcal). 6 meals per day per 3 hours. 3 big meals, 3 snacks.
    Question: Does it matter what these 2000 cals consist of? More fat than protein, oils, grains?

And to turn my fat into muscle, I need to begin strength training! What exactly does this consist of? Should I avoid certain workouts (cardio, certain classes like spinning, salsa, etc). Reps? Sets? I should I stick to a instructional video?

What kinds of food should I be eating? I researched and found calorie-densed food is best, for example (oats, rice, whole milk, olive oil, almonds, etc).

As of now, I do not work out and do not eat consistently. My diet on a regular basis, breakfast (one plain strawberry pop tart with half a glass of 1% milk, and other meals either fast food, rice, eggs, stir fry, noodles). I don't snack much, only when there is stuff to eat. Basically I'm a beginner.

Any additional info would help! Thank you!

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First off, you don't turn fat into muscle. That is an impossibility. You can manipulate either, but they are different tissue types and don't magically morph from one to the other.

If you are going to do cardio, you need to eat extra to account for it. Cardio has important health benefits but will not help you in gaining muscle one little bit. I would leave it for now until you have started gaining at a steady rate. Instead, you need to lift heavy to tear down tissue so that when you eat at a surplus of calories, the tissue is forced to grow back bigger, ie muscle growth. Go look under 'find a plan' on this site.

In terms of calorie intake, go look at some online calculators like http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html and then add 200-300 calories per day to what it gives you to maintain your weight. Calorie dense foods will help you do this without feeling like it's so much effort. You may find a shake helps you reach your calorie goal. You will need to eat at least 1g/lb body mass of protein and half that amount of fat (aim for primarily healthy fats). The rest can be whatever you want. People will maybe mention things like clean eating, paleo and other current diet trends but so long as you get your micros (vitamins and minerals) and macros (carbs/fat/protein) the rest is detail which doesn't need to bother you at this early stage.

Basically lift heavy and hit your micros and macros.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have obviously done some reserach and hit on a few key points such as:

-eating 6 meals a day (you can just have 6 about the same size, or three larger and 3 snacks, your choice)
    -Train HEAVY weights. Being small framed you will not turn into a "bodybuilder" overnight. Those women have spent years with the utmost dedication to get where they are
    -Eat calorie dense food. This is key for appetite control and keeping yourself from feeling hungry.

To answer some of your questions, yes, the TYPE of food you eat to hit your calorie goal is important. You need good food to fuel your muscles and your body. Protein (chicken, fish, egg white, ect), Starchy carbs (sweet potatoe, rice) and veggies (salad, asparagus, carrots) at each meal is a good guideline.

Try to look for something under the bodybuilding plans that focuses on 1-2 body parts per day if you want to gain muscle mass. Limit cardio to 3 times a week 30 minutes. Lifting heavy will get your heart pumping and have cardiorespiratory benifits anyway.

If you want some more details or to talk some specifics feel free to send me a private message. Good luck!

FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^ That
    #ShreddedSociety