Registered Genius GimmeTheJooce's Avatar
    GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)

Arrow Why do some people bother with a dirty bulk?

Why do people bother with a dirty bulk? If you eat clean you have so much less to lose on a cut! I am mystified by this

Dirty Bulkers I offer you the floor.. please explain

ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recently did a "dirty bulk" Why? Because i wanted to push my body weight MUCH further then i had ever gone in the past. The most i had weighed prior to this last bulk was 217. I got all the way up to 240 lbs in August. Doing so did help me make some pretty awesome gains. Both size and strength (for example got all the way up to 125 dumbbell bench, and 405x6 on squat). I just wanted to try and see if going that much further would help bring more of an anabolic environment and help put on more size.. and i think it did. This was just an expierement for me.. being im 100% natural. Only thing is just as you said, i've got alot to lose now (see sig though, right on track).

There will be people saying what i did was pointless, but i can guarantee i made some awesome gains off doing it. Will i ever go that high up in BF % again? I don't think so. My plan is to cut down to 10% now and then clean bulk to like 15%.

I don't know how much relevance it has, but my achne was through the roof while i was up around 240. I've read higher test levels can be the cause of it. I'm currently eating alot of the same foods right now, but just not as much (cutting obviously), and my achne has gone down ALOT. Just thinking i did succeed in putting the body in a higher anabolic/hormone production state

This was me a couple years ago.. almost around the same size i was the last time i was lean:

When i was around 240:

All in all, at the end of the day i far more prefer the looks of my body when im leaner vs when im fatter (will post pictures when i get learner on this cut )
    Last edited by ThatGuy227; 11-08-2012 at 07:19 PM.

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm afraid you're probably going to get some criticism about the definition of "dirty" and "clean". If you're wondering why people bulk in a caloric excess over 10% or 20% their daily requirement, it's probably because they (1) don't know what they are doing (2) do know what they are doing, but enjoy eating more than most (3) find , through experience, that it's most effective for their goals.
    My path to contest prep:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160935491&page=1

GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    Excellent advice, I did a clean bulk last summer.. currently on my second and the gains are coming along slow. I'll know what you mean about the acne, mine got worse when I was at the end of my last bulk. But it could also be because I turned into a gym rat.. went to the gym between work and classes so I sat in sweat some days.

I might do a month of dirty bulking if the gains don't come soon.

rep to all!

Originally Posted by ThatGuy227 View Post
    I recently did a "dirty bulk" Why? Because i wanted to push my body weight MUCH further then i had ever gone in the past. The most i had weighed prior to this last bulk was 217. I got all the way up to 240 lbs in August. Doing so did help me make some pretty awesome gains. Both size and strength (for example got all the way up to 125 dumbbell bench, and 405x6 on squat). I just wanted to try and see if going that much further would help bring more of an anabolic environment and help put on more size.. and i think it did. This was just an expierement for me.. being im 100% natural. Only thing is just as you said, i've got alot to lose now (see sig though, right on track).

There will be people saying what i did was pointless, but i can guarantee i made some awesome gains off doing it. Will i ever go that high up in BF % again? I don't think so. My plan is to cut down to 10% now and then clean bulk to like 15%.

I don't know how much relevance it has, but my achne was through the roof while i was up around 240. I've read higher test levels can be the cause of it. I'm currently eating alot of the same foods right now, but just not as much (cutting obviously), and my achne has gone down ALOT. Just thinking i did succeed in putting the body in a higher anabolic/hormone production state

This was me a couple years ago.. almost around the same size i was the last time i was lean:

When i was around 240:

All in all, at the end of the day i far more prefer the looks of my body when im leaner vs when im fatter (will post pictures when i get learner on this cut )
    good stuff man, those are some crazy gains.

good looks on the cut as well!

ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! As i said.. that picture of me leaner was like.. 2009? Got more size now.. just waiting to get that BF% down and then ill get some new ones up lol

BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Because going 'dirty' is often the only way I can really get the scales moving.

For me, even at my fattest I was OK but didn't feel to great.

Ectos gonna ecto brah- easy cutter, hard gainer

And as above poster said- with everyone caught up in the IIFYM chit 'there is no clean or dirty blah blah'
    I hate haters

Originally Posted by BWC101 View Post
    Because going 'dirty' is often the only way I can really get the scales moving.

For me, even at my fattest I was OK but didn't feel to great.

Ectos gonna ecto brah- easy cutter, hard gainer

And as above poster said- with everyone caught up in the IIFYM chit 'there is no clean or dirty blah blah'
    Strong posts here.. For me this is a relief from the regular 12-18 yr old shetheds that run the misc..

I'm thinking I might have to go a little dirty, 3 lb gain in almost 2 months already isn't enough.

I certainly hear you on the easy cutting.... that shet takes days for me hah

cheers everyone!

Originally Posted by ThatGuy227 View Post
    Thanks! As i said.. that picture of me leaner was like.. 2009? Got more size now.. just waiting to get that BF% down and then ill get some new ones up lol
    More power to ya brotha! I'd like to see your progress when you post, this kind of stuff is very motivating.. seeing others reach their goals

all the best!