Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)

Edge Mono Lift Attachment Review

We received our first shipment of Edge Fitness Systems Mono Lift Attachments. Here is my quick review and initial impressions. Sorry about some of the blurry photos.

Shipping took two days via USPS. I was pretty excited to get these and tore the first box open like a 6 year old on xmas morning.

The box was packed nicely and the units came out well protected in lots of packing material which was strategically placed to protect the powder coat. I saw 2 pieces of mounting hardware and wasn't sure why they were different lengths (at first). Turns out it is to accommodate the various rack dimensions that you may have.

At first I was a bit taken back by the width of the steel used for the hooks. It's 3/4" which is awesome, I was just not expecting it to be that beefy. I had seen a bunch of pictures and expected them to be thinner for some reason.

There are 3 holes in the mounting plates to accommodate any 2", 2.5", or 3" Power Rack. At first the holes look like they are drilled crooked. They are not, This is just to ensure they hit the centre of any of the dimensions of the racks mentioned above. It is a single bolt to mount which takes about 5 minutes or less. Adding a second bolt would be nice but I can see why this can't happen and still make it a universal fit due to the varying hole spacing on various racks.

It looked pretty damn cool. The powder coat matches the R3 well, maybe a bit more gloss but barely noticeable if at all. I tried out a few bars to see if it could rack a swiss or fat bar.

Last edited by GarageIron; 11-08-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I finally gave it a try later on in the evening. My biggest concern for my own rack was the 24" spacing of the R3 uprights. The Mono Lift takes the bar about 6" (almost exactly, I measured) back from the uprights to unrack. That just took my 24" down to 18".

No problem at all. Not even noticeable. I squatted about 5-7 sets, increasing in weight. I admit, I was concerned about racking it. I normally just slam the bar into the uprights on heavy squats and drop it. For some reason thought the angle or hooks were going to reduce the "catching ability"(?) of regular J-Hooks. Not the case at all. It was somehow easier to rack this way. They just grabbed the bar and swung it away a few inches back. I've never used a device like this so it was a bit weird to just unrack the bar and be able to drop into a squat, you just need to worry about squatting the weight, not walking back with it before setting up.

The hooks get out of the way, but not very far. You still need to be aware of them. If you fall forward on the way up, You'll hit them. Its best setup your height to pull the bar back to the right height before you start. This is hard to explain, but the device works like a swing, The further back you are to start, the further you are from the hooks on the way up.

This would be a great addition to any power rack that has the lower cross member below the rear uprights. The starting position sets you back to squat but you can still lean forward to hit the arms and rack it without walking it all the way in.

I tried it out to bench press last. This is where I found a great advantage although I found it awkward to start. You can set up and just press up. I'm used to having to unrack and pull forward to get set or have someone hand off on heavy lifts. This allows you the "hand off". My biggest problem was getting set up under the bar. I have my little rituals as do most to get where you want under the bar before you lift. This device changes the setup position of the bar. It starts where you bench and then the hooks move. I didn't go very heavy here due to weirdness but can see how this will be an advantage going forward.

Pros - Build Quality, Ships fast and cheap, Price ($300), Functionality, Universal fit, adds new variations to lifts, easy to install, looks bad ass, designed and fabricated by one of the best, racks various bars.

Con's - It bolts to the rack so its difficult to move around. A quick release pin would be awesome to move the device around faster. This would add cost so there is some give and take. The offset holes are great, but a slotted hole would have serve my rack best with the ability to add additional bolts (but thus adding to change time). I get why this doesn't work for everyone. But as you can see, would work well in the R3 as the holes align.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-08-2012 at 07:07 PM.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thank you for this review.

I will be buying these in a few months. My rack is crap and has 3 inch hole spacing.

Buying some better Jcups for it this weekend
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hmmm.......

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Looks cool. Thanks for posting your review.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great review! Thats a sweet setup you have there. That thing is extreemly overbuilt, which is nice to see in this day and age. It may be a bit early to tell but, has it increased the working poundage you're willing to lift by not having to manouver the load back to start the set?
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm interested in a Mono attachment but am gonna wait to see what Dean @ Black Widow TG can do.

Looks awesome though. Dropped for review. How heavy are the counter weights?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi,
    They look great. Do you have their contact info as I'd like to purchase a set.
    Thanks
    Joe

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Josephbd View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Joe
    http://www.edgefitnessystems.com/Equipment.html
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    It may be a bit early to tell but, has it increased the working poundage you're willing to lift by not having to manouver the load back to start the set?
    I haven't pushed it yet, but I would imagine this will be the case. The one caution I will put out there is to make sure the safety spotters are set. Once you unrack, there is no going back. The hooks are gone.

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    I'm interested in a Mono attachment but am gonna wait to see what Dean @ Black Widow TG can do.

Looks awesome though. Dropped for review. How heavy are the counter weights?
    I talked to Dean last week and he does have something similar in the works. He actually fabbed me up that Swiss Bar in the pics above.

Here is a video of it in use taken from the Edge site...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTeUcO1zvns
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-09-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good review, thanks for the pics and the write-up.

Thats a sweet Rogue rack, after all this time thinking about racks I really think Im going to go with Rogue.

Take care bro.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Josephbd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you!

Here is a video I did tonight using the attachment to squat. Not super heavy 285x5 I believe... The camera batteries only lasted long enough for one set. You get to see how it works a bit better. The quality of the shot is not great... actually its terrible. Must have been the lighting.

http://youtu.be/cg5evlR7lJE

Originally Posted by Josephbd View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Joe
    Rick @ www.edgefitnessystems.com sells them for $299 Shipped in the US and I also have a few of them in Canada.

EDIT: My mistake. Somehow missed Morris' post.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-09-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I'm stupid.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Rick @ www.edgefitnessystems.com sells them for $299 Shipped in the US and I also have a few of them in Canada.

EDIT: My mistake. Somehow missed Morris' post.
    Nice, good luck at the fire academy.

I just finished emt-P class and will be going to a fire academy in a year or 2.

BTW, I think they sell 5/8 bolts that have a cotter pin at the end of the bolt where the nut would go. Might want to look into it cuz seems like a faster way to move the monolift attachment.

Not sure how much weight the cotter pins would be able to handle. (JUST AND IDEA)
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
    Nice, good luck at the fire academy.

I just finished emt-P class and will be going to a fire academy in a year or 2.

BTW, I think they sell 5/8 bolts that have a cotter pin at the end of the bolt where the nut would go. Might want to look into it cuz seems like a faster way to move the monolift attachment.

Not sure how much weight the cotter pins would be able to handle. (JUST AND IDEA)
    Thanks man. Fire academy was a long time ago. I've been a full time Firefighter for some time now. Its just an old hoodie I wear sometimes to train in my garage. I'm not a "fire t-shirt at the gym guy". It just worked out that way tonight.

That's a good idea with the cotter pinned bolts. I was thinking something similar to a hitch pin on a similar application last week. The more I've used this thing the more I realize it needs to be bolted to the rack and I retract my previous suggestion to "quick pin" it. There is no room for slop here. The attachment needs to be one with the uprights (bolted). Yes, there is a downside to it, but I think its worth it. I did notice that having it in the power rack took away my ability to press in there. I'll still be able to bench off the regular j-hooks but the upper part of the rack is now blocked by the counter weights.

Thanks man. Fire academy was a long time ago. I've been a full time Firefighter for some time now. Its just an old hoodie I wear sometimes to train in my garage. I'm not a "fire t-shirt at the gym guy". It just worked out that way tonight.

That's a good idea with the cotter pinned bolts. I was thinking something similar to a hitch pin on a similar application last week. The more I've used this thing the more I realize it needs to be bolted to the rack and I retract my previous suggestion to "quick pin" it. There is no room for slop here. The attachment needs to be one with the uprights (bolted). Yes, there is a downside to it, but I think its worth it. I did notice that having it in the power rack took away my ability to press in there. I'll still be able to bench off the regular j-hooks but the upper part of the rack is now blocked by the counter weights.

Yeah makes sense. I hope he can make them for my rack, i have a crap rack w/ 1inch or 1 1/8inch hole spacing

Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
    Yeah makes sense. I hope he can make them for my rack, i have a crap rack w/ 1inch or 1 1/8inch hole spacing
    Hole spacing doesn't matter. Its one bolt to attach it. If your rack has square uprights that are 2, 2.5, or 3" in width, you are good to go with this thing.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Con's - It bolts to the rack so its difficult to move around. A quick release pin would be awesome to move the device around faster.
    So if I got it right it pretty much renders rack into dedicated squat station as complete removal or repositioning to different height for bench pressing requires a wrench (two actually).

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    So if I got it right it pretty much renders rack into dedicated squat station as complete removal or repositioning to different height for bench pressing requires a wrench (two actually).
    Not at all. You can easily bench with regular j hooks in the rack. If you want to use the monolift attachment to bench, you would need to unbolt it and move it. You would need 2 wrenches and a minute or so to make the change. The entire rack functions as it always has aside from being able to press. It wasnt made to bench with, the ability to use it for benching is just a side benefit of the product design.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not at all. You can easily bench with regular j hooks in the rack. If you want to use the monolift attachment to bench, you would need to unbolt it and move it. You would need 2 wrenches and a minute or so to make the change. The entire rack functions as it always has aside from being able to press. It wasnt made to bench with, the ability to use it for benching is just a side benefit of the product design.
    I see, thanks for clarification.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the first time I have run across the mono lift attachment so I will have to bump, looks fantastic! After using it for a good long while, do you still think it was a good purchase? I would have to drill a hole thru the back side of my rack ( York Powercage) to get this to work, but for $250 shipped this seems like it would be an amazing addition for anyone wanting the ability to setup for a squat without a walkout.

Also, did you ever find a solution for a quicker height change with a locking pin?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    This is the first time I have run across the mono lift attachment so I will have to bump, looks fantastic! After using it for a good long while, do you still think it was a good purchase? I would have to drill a hole thru the back side of my rack ( York Powercage) to get this to work, but for $250 shipped this seems like it would be an amazing addition for anyone wanting the ability to setup for a squat without a walkout.

Also, did you ever find a solution for a quicker height change with a locking pin?
    Bumping this for answers. Still like the attachment GI? It's equipment like this that sometimes makes me wish I had pin/pipes instead of drop in. I wonder if drilling a hole through each of the uprights in my multi rack would compromise it at all?

I only have the rogue prototype to compare it too, but the edge is certainly much better. That said, the Rogue is just a late prototype of a seemingly ditched project. I can't see any issues with drilling a hole to mount it. It is still a pain to adjust or remove. I never did mess with a quick change solution but it would be nice and add value.

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks GI, now I've gotta decide if it's worth it to take my rack into a shop to mod it. I suppose I can get a quote on four holes and then order it to decide where I want them.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Thanks GI, now I've gotta decide if it's worth it to take my rack into a shop to mod it. I suppose I can get a quote on four holes and then order it to decide where I want them.
    I am thinking about selling my Powertec rack and buying the Rogue RM-6 one day. And be done with racks for good. Edge Fitness monolift is a must IMHO.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/

I'm not sure how deep your rack is (it looks very deep) but I'd consider having it mounted on the side opposite the plate storage (inside front). It shouldn't bother you there for any other lifts and can stay mounted. It is unlikely you'll have the safeties that high, and that way the other side will have full access to all of the hook settings.

I'm not sure how deep your rack is (it looks very deep) but I'd consider having it mounted on the side opposite the plate storage (inside front). It shouldn't bother you there for any other lifts and can stay mounted. It is unlikely you'll have the safeties that high, and that way the other side will have full access to all of the hook settings.
    It's pretty deep: 46inches. Almost that wide too, I think 45.5. Few problems with having it on the side:

I couldnt bench in it and having the lower side beam at my feet would feel weird - I've had a bar at my feet when squatting and that was too weird.

The rack is 7 gauge 3x2, I think going through the face of the 3in would be better right?

Maybe putting one pair of holes on the front uprights for general squatting use with them and a pair on the rear uprights at squat position as well as a lower pair on the rear for benching. Could move it for 1RM attempts.

It's pretty deep: 46inches. Almost that wide too, I think 45.5. Few problems with having it on the side:

I couldnt bench in it and having the lower side beam at my feet would feel weird - I've had a bar at my feet when squatting and that was too weird.

The rack is 7 gauge 3x2, I think going through the face of the 3in would be better right?

Maybe putting one pair of holes on the front uprights for general squatting use with them and a pair on the rear uprights at squat position as well as a lower pair on the rear for benching. Could move it for 1RM attempts.
    Good point. I wasn't thinking about benching which is really a cool feature of these units. I think the best way is to find the spots between the slotted rails that works best for the heights you want. Just be aware that one side is angle and will need to wrap around the vertical upright and the strip. There is a hole in it for a 3" upright with a dead center hole which it looks like you can make. So yes, the face of the 3", in the center which looks easily possible based on the pic.

That sounds more confusing than I wanted it to so I hope it makes sense.

One thing I do like about the Rogue is that is does not use angled steel which allows it to be centered on any rack hole without multiple holes in the unit. The downside to that is it is only secured with one bolt, allowing it to pivot on that bolt if bumped. Unlikely to happen, but I wouldn't want to learn how to do it on a 1RM.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 10-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Makes sense, thanks for the awesome write up. Now I need to flip some equipment to pay for my recent DL bar so I can justify this and the combo swiss/football bar he makes. Wonder if he'll do any BF specials.

EDIT: Jetigen, that RM6 is awesome. Someday I may switch to something like that. I really like the versatility of my Pro-Elite Multi though. It is a 700lb beast that I feel safe in. I recently rearranged my gym and the rack is under where the garage door opens. Couldn't do that with most racks. The downside is the 3in spacing and dearth of attachments though!