Thread: Confused Newbie

PainAndNoGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Confused Newbie

Hey folks,

New to the site and was hoping to get some helpful tips/leeds without getting confused...

I have been going to a gym for about three years now (admittedly on and off) with about a 6month break in between. I have recently been going to a gym solidly 4 days a week for the past 3 months.
    My goal is to put on some lean muscle mass - I am really disheartened by my lack of (none) gains and am ready to throw in the towel and blame it on genetics.
    I have recently signed up to an 8 week challenge at my gym to boost motivation, I ask people I know who are bodybuilding (and have made amazing gains) but no matter what I cant seem to get the right advice from anyone - it is as though there is some secret that I am not allowed to know. Even getting PT sessions isn't working as I get my 30min session and as soon as that is done 'NEXT', all the while it's sending me broke! And lets not get started on web searches - thats just confusing.
    Maybe they see a skinny guy and just think 'whatever' and dismiss my goals as too hard.

So, I hope to get some useful advice that can point me in the right direction.

I am male, 29, 179cm tall, 76.2kg and about 15% body fat. Throw me in the ecotomorph or skinny fat section (lean with fat around belly). I really want to stay lean but put on good muscle mass - not huge, but defined. To give an idea of a celebrity body look I guess we could say David Beckham... anyway...

My training schedule looks like this:

I work four days a week in the city (Monday - Thursday) so I get my work out done in the morning before work
    Monday - Chest and Triceps
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - 30min HIIT with PT
    Thursday - Back and Biceps

I am confident that this is ok and believe its my nutrition that needs work (lately I am often low on energy) -

Breakfast (pre-workout) - 2 x high fibre weetbix, 1 cup light and tasty cereal, 1 cup low fat milk, flax seeds, 1 multi-vitamin
    Inter work out - X-tend
    Post work out - USN 100% Pro Whey
    Snack 1 - Home made protein nut bar 100g (nuts, honey, protein, shredded coconut) with coffee
    Lunch - Left overs from dinner or lean chicken wrap / taco salad (no shell/bread) / 3 x chicken sushi
    Snack 2 - Home made protein bar 100g
    Dinner - Usually consist of 100g meat/fish, 2-3 cups mixed veg
    Pre bed - USN 100% Pro Whey with 300ml low fat milk, USN testo tribulus capsules

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.

Stay strong.

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my advice would be count your macros

www.myfitnesspal.com

input what you eat everyday.
    Liftin' or Blazin'

monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) monkeybutter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    go to the stickies in this thread and learn about macronutritional needs and find out your basal metabolic rate/maintainance calorie needs and make sure youre eating enough, thats probably why you have no gains
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

Current log-
    Ansi Nutrition Xtreme Shock Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155621053&p=1105840553#post1105840553

ErgoGenix Sponsored ErgoStack Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152260913

MuscleTech Sponsored Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152495813&p=1038742873#post1038742873

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Program:

http://madcow.wackyhq.com/geocities/...Linear_5x5.htm

Read stickies:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Get in a 200-300 calorie surplus and follow nutrition guidelines.

Quit negativity cold turkey.

Track macros carefully

www.myfitnesspal.com

Secrets revealed. Your in the club.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh my!! You are confused and misinformed so I suggest you begin with this link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

What I suspect is you have been given good information but refuse to accept what they are telling you. For example, you want to gain mass without fat and look like a professional athlete. In other words you want the quickest/easiest way out under your terms. Well guess what, it doesn't work that way. You can try to work out, (I have no idea what your training is like and THAT has to be right first) without being in a positive energy balance, and I promise you it isn't going to work, certainly not in the short term. So I suggest you get realistic with your goals, educate yourself much more than you have, Lift-Eat-Rest-Repeat! There's your silver bullet!! GL

kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^all of this and check out Jason's youtube page. It's called Icecream fitness. Very good stuff he post's up and he has some quality information for people starting out.