propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy sore delts during flyes

I need some advice. Whenever I work my chest my front delts kill me when I'm doing flyes. Many times I have to stop bcuz of the pain in my shoulder before I'm actually fatigued.

It's ONLY during flyes. Any other chest exercise or even shoulder exercises doesn't bother me.

I dropped the weight, worked on technique, watched/changed my forum, everything I can think of.

Currently I've done both free weights and the machine. Both bother my shoulders. I'm using only 40-50 lbs with dumbbells and about 80lbs on the machine. I've gone lower and it still bothers me.

What am I doing wrong?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it pain or soreness/fatigue? Two very different things. And, if changing technique and/or approach doesn't work...why not just drop the movement? Not everyone is compatible with everything.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is your back rounding or do you lean forward at the end of the move(bringing your hands together)?

When I changed my form to arched back and chest puffed out I felt much less shoulder activation and more chest contraction.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

5x5 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161380773

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try doing them on the floor, it's a reduced ROM but the contact of your shoulders with the ground will help you to know if you're making excessive movement of your shoulders during the lift.

Like others have said another way is to make sure you're pulling your shoulder blades together and arching your back, this will let you know that they are stationary

One thing I've started doing, I start with the dumbbells held parallel to my body, as normal, and as I come together I rotate them to be as they would at the top of a press, I feel less stress in my shoulders and more chest activation from this movement.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    Is your back rounding or do you lean forward at the end of the move(bringing your hands together)?

When I changed my form to arched back and chest puffed out I felt much less shoulder activation and more chest contraction.
    I squeeze the shoulders together and don't bring my hands all the way together as to keep tension on the chest and as you mentioned less shoulder activation.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Is it pain or soreness/fatigue? Two very different things. And, if changing technique and/or approach doesn't work...why not just drop the movement? Not everyone is compatible with everything.
    It's a burning feeling at first then kind of painful. Do you have a substitute for them? If I can't correct it, I will probably look at dropping it.

Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    Try doing them on the floor, it's a reduced ROM but the contact of your shoulders with the ground will help you to know if you're making excessive movement of your shoulders during the lift.

Like others have said another way is to make sure you're pulling your shoulder blades together and arching your back, this will let you know that they are stationary

One thing I've started doing, I start with the dumbbells held parallel to my body, as normal, and as I come together I rotate them to be as they would at the top of a press, I feel less stress in my shoulders and more chest activation from this movement.
    I'll give this a shot. Try the floor and rotation bit. See what happens.

Thanks fellas!

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post

Also pin your head back. OP this goes for you too
    SQ: 225x5 (High-bar ATG)
    DL: 295x5/315x1

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by propagandruw View Post
    It's a burning feeling at first then kind of painful. Do you have a substitute for them? If I can't correct it, I will probably look at dropping it.
    If you have access to cables - cable flies are great.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    If you have access to cables - cable flies are great.
    The constant tension is awesome especially if you are a bit burned out from pressing already
    SQ: 225x5 (High-bar ATG)
    DL: 295x5/315x1

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."