Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone here into meditation? Zen Buddhism, Yoga or something alike? (Reps)

Didnt know where to post this..

I have no idea on the difference between zen buddhism, or the different forms of yoga, so if someone could enlighten me that would be great.
    it seems pretty straight forward, but im trying not to be ignorant and find out about the more important techniques that are involved. There's surely more to it than sitting with your legs crossed, eyes closed and controlled breathing..

Lately ive been starting to see the body and mind as two halves creating a whole, rather than them being seperate. my goal is to make the body and mind one, and to achieve inner peace. If anyone else is practising this id really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    too bad there isnt a bunch of computers that could be all hooked up together across the world. If there ever was such a thing I think the best part would be that people could look up info without bothering people trying to talk about bodybuilding.

Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sinix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're getting a bit ahead of yourself. If you're interested in meditation just sit down, relax and give your mind a break for 20 minutes a day twice a day. Do that for a while then come back to wacky philosophy and special techniques.

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Curlers View Post
    Didnt know where to post this..

I have no idea on the difference between zen buddhism, or the different forms of yoga, so if someone could enlighten me that would be great.
    it seems pretty straight forward, but im trying not to be ignorant and find out about the more important techniques that are involved. There's surely more to it than sitting with your legs crossed, eyes closed and controlled breathing..

Lately ive been starting to see the body and mind as two halves creating a whole, rather than them being seperate. my goal is to make the body and mind one, and to achieve inner peace. If anyone else is practising this id really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance.
    I would recommend "The Miracle of Mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hanh - it's a great introduction to meditation and it helped me a lot. He's a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, but he's written this book to be accessible to all - whatever your religious beliefs. He also has a great writing style and sense of humor - for example, his first lesson is about doing the washing up to do the washing up - not to get the dishes clean...

I believe bringing mind and body into balance as one is what fitness and bodybuilding are all about. Bodybuilders exhibit remarkable self control, discipline and neurological control of their muscles - it's like a kind of meditation in itself.

muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscularpants is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do yoga class 3 times a week at the gym on my college campus. I almost fall asleep when I do the night yoga class. I do cardio and lifting as well and yoga helps me stay flexible and stretch out my muscles.

USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by muscularpants View Post
    I do yoga class 3 times a week at the gym on my college campus. I almost fall asleep when I do the night yoga class. I do cardio and lifting as well and yoga helps me stay flexible and stretch out my muscles.
    Honestly I find a good sports massage is the best way to relax and feel better after a tough workout.