Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

From NoBeard to Bearded Wonder, a quest for manhood

Hey everybody, my name's Gregg and I've been lurking these forums for about a year and half. I've been lifting seriously for about a year, but have suffered setbacks due to injuries and just life in general. Now that things are finally getting back on track in my life, I know who I am and what I'm going to be, it's time for me to take my training to another level. I've decided to start a log so others can see my progress and be a part of my goals.

I've been basically following my own routines for a year, great progress this way. I follow a push/pull/legs strength routine, every couple months switching it up with an upper/lower strength routine. I also do sprints and agility work in between lifting days, with Sunday being a true off day.

Current Stats:

Height 5' 8"
    Weight 165 lbs

Bench 225 for 5
    Squat 320 for 5
    Deadlift 340 for 3
    Military Press 135 for 5

LOFTY Goals for January 1, 2013

Bench 250 for 5
    Squat 360 for 5
    Deadlift 405 for 3
    Military Press 175 for 5

I'm going on my first true bulk in my life, so these goals may be obtainable as long as my body doesn't falter, as it usually does when things start looking up. SO HERE WE GO BAYBAY, LET'S GET TESTROPICAL

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in for beard growth
    trying to get strong again

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

For uneventful videos of me lifting
    https://www.instagram.com/jawn.mcintyre/

NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoBeard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thursday 11-8

Squat Working Sets
    5 for 280
    5 for 300
    5 for 320

Can safely say that these can move up. Last set always feels heavy on my back, but once again flew up without too much of a struggle

Accessory Work
    Football Clean 165 3x3 (hard to describe these, they're like a half hang clean from a shrug position. It's what we did on my football team and it's the only clean I'm allowed to do in the gym I go to)
    Barbell Calf Raise 230 3x8
    Cabled Leg Curls 130 3x8

NOTES:
    I ran out of multis last week and the effects are clearly visible. I've had a lot less energy and kinda crawl through my workouts. All in all, still a great workout. Squats going up easy make my whole day that much better

BEARD STATUS:
    Haven't shaved since the 1st, experiencing some growth all over the face. Too bad most of the hair is blonde, so it's hard to see. Some patchy black areas....basically I look dirty

Originally Posted by xRequiem View Post
    in for beard growth
    Thanks man! Hopefully I'll have some semblance of a beard by the end of the world

Friday 11-9

-Didn't do anything, too much going on. Definitly ate WAYYYY too much, close to 5500 calories.

Saturday November 10

Bench Press Working Set
    225 for 5
    225 for 5
    225 for 5

Weighted Hanging Dips
    BW (+ 80) 3x5 +

OHP
    135 3x5 +

Accessory Work
    Curls 35 3x8
    Incline Press 145 3x8 +
    Tri Cable Pushdown 130 3x8
    Weighted Ab Work

NOTES:
    Last rep of my last set of bench was a complete bitch to get up. These should go up pretty easily next workout. Once again a good workout, still ridiculously tired from the lack of vitamins. Also went on about a 3 mile walk due to the weather being so nice

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't even worry about training man, just grow your beard and the strength will come
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Don't even worry about training man, just grow your beard and the strength will come
    I wish that beard growing were easy for me, then maybe a 500 lb squat would be an attainable goal within this next month haha

Monday 11-12

Deadlift Working Sets
    305 for 3
    325 for 3
    345 for 3

Accessory Work
    Shoulder Width Pull ups 3 to Failure
    Power Shrugs 275 3x5 +
    Bent Over Row 140 3x5 +
    Cabled Lat Pull 125 3x8

NOTES:
    Deadlifts killed the lower back today. Gonna need a video of form for this, because I feel like I should be pulling so much more. Also will need to get a video of my rows, because they seem incredibly weak, though I did just start doing this variation of rows one week ago. Not a very impressive workout today, lack of sleep, crazy alcohol and take out food filled weekends and diminishing supplements are killing me. Time to put the rock star lifestyle on the back burner for a while, and just focus on coaxing my beard to grow.

Tuesday 11-13

Light 2.5 mile jog
    Plyometrics

My body has been feeling pretty beat for the past couple weeks. I've been lifting heavy for 5 months, it's time for a de-load. Also, going to switch my routine to Madcows seeing as I've had the same routine for the past year and a half. Getting really excited for next week

cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    in to see progress

Originally Posted by cjowns76 View Post
    in to see progress
    Welcome to the show brotha.

Wednesday 11-14

Squat Working Sets
    225 for 10
    225 for 10
    225 for 10

Accessory Work
    Barbell Calf Raises 235 3x8 +
    Football Clean 165 3x3 +
    Machine Leg Curl 130 3x8

NOTES:
    Short, sweet and to the point. Only lasted about 30 minutes. Haven't done that many reps of squat in a set in a loooooooooong time. Definitely felt good, nice burn in the quads. De-loading is so strange to me, never done it before. Hopefully it's as beneficial as I hope

Thursday 11-15

3 mile jog
    Plyometrics

NOTES:
    Worked for 11 hours today then went on a run. Felt really good. At the point where after a mile, I feel like I could run forever. Which is fantastic, seeing as I had been doing sprints for the past 3 weeks before now. Going back to sprints and agility work next week. Getting real excited to reboot with a new program .

Friday 11-16

Bench Working Sets
    165 3x10

Accessory Work
    Dumbbell Curls: 35 3x8
    Weighted Hanging Dips: BW (+80) 3x5
    OHP: 140 3x5 -
    Tri Cable Pushdowns: 130 3x8
    Weighted Ab work

NOTES:
    Fell asleep before I could log last night. Lifted around 11 PM after working all day, was not a very good workout. Lack of sleep makes NoBeard lackadaisical. My OHP form was terrible, gonna back it down 5 pounds. Bench felt heavy, which makes me sad. Last day of de-load, taking today and tomorrow off to catch up on some sleep and missed calories. Monday is first day of Madcows, still pretty pumped.

BEARD STATUS:
    Starting to turn black, mustache is clearly visible. Still hasn't filled out too much. I'll take a picture of a month's growth on December first, hopefully I look more like a man and less of a 12 year old girl just starting puberty

Madcows 1A

Squat
    120 for 5
    165 for 5
    210 for 5
    255 for 5
    300 for 5

Bench
    5 for 85
    5 for 120
    5 for 150
    5 for 180
    5 for 215

Row
    5 for 50
    5 for 70
    5 for 90
    5 for 110
    5 for 130

Barbell Calf Raises
    235 3x8 +

Weighted Ab Work

First days of Madcows, was pretty incredible. My workout was finished in about 45 minutes. Squats, bench and row were all easy. Every set felt like ***** weight. I'm really excited to see where this will be come week 8. Have a possible date for Wednesday which means...I might have to shave my face. It's patchy and pretty gnarly looking. We'll see, maybe she likes prepubescent patchy facial hair? GOOD ******* DAY

Tuesday 11-21

3.5 Mile jog

I lifted Sunday due to the fact I was traveling to Ohio University to take care of some things so I can re-enroll for next semester. Just a light jog today, too tired for agility drills and sprints, plus it was way too late at night to use the local high school's football field. Tomorrow is Madcows day 2!

Also, I shaved my ****-stache and cheeks. That needed to happen

Wednesday 11-21

Madcows 1B

Squat
    120 for 5
    160 for 5
    210 for 5
    210 for 5

Deadlift
    175 for 5
    225 for 5
    270 for 5
    315 for 5

Incline Bench
    80 for 5
    105 for 5
    125 for 5
    150 for 5

Accessory Work
    Power Shrug 280 3x3 +
    Football Clean 165 3x3 +

Workout went well, day was going well until I was pulled over for following a car too close. Dude was going 28 MPH in a 35. Got ticketed because my tags are expired. **** me sideways. At least I get to be fat as phuck tomorrow!

Friday 11-23

Madcows 1C

Squat
    120 for 5
    165 for 5
    210 for 5
    255 for 5
    310 for 3
    210 for 8

Bench
    85 for 5
    120 for 5
    150 for 5
    180 for 5
    220 for 3
    150 for 8

Row
    55 for 5
    70 for 5
    90 for 5
    110 for 5
    135 for 3
    90 for 8

Accessory Work
    Weighted Hanging Dips BW (+85) 3x5 +
    Dumbbell Curls 35 3x8
    Tri Cable Extensions 130 3x8

Have probably eaten close 12,000 calories the past two days. Feeling pretty damn good about it too. Been hovering around 173 all week. About 8 pounds in the past 15 days....not feeling too good about that. That's far too much. Oh well. Workout went really well today, everything was easy. Looked at some videos of rows and corrected my form, so much easier now. I wasn't bent over very far and was flaring my elbows out. Excited for week 2!

Only posting to celebrate the Ohio State University's victory over the school up north and to congratulate the Buckeyes on their first undefeated season since 2002. Ohio pride!

Monday 11-26

Madcows 2A

Squat
    125 for 5
    170 for 5
    215 for 5
    265 for 5
    310 for 5

Bench
    85 for 5
    120 for 5
    150 for 5
    180 for 5
    215 for 5

Row
    55 for 5
    75 for 5
    100 for 5
    120 for 5
    140 for 5

Accessory Work
    Weighted Abs
    Barbell Calf Raises 240 3x8 +
    OHP 135 3x5 +

Hypertrophy Work
    Concentration Curls (3x12) super setted with cabled Pec Decks (3x12)

Have a strange pain right under my left hip bone. Hurts the most while squatting. I'll just push it till it's either; really jacked up or fixes itself. It's what I normally do with that sort of thing. Overall still a very easy workout, only took an hour and half with warming up and post-workout stretching. Still sitting at a solid 173 lbs right now.
    "...I work on pursuing my dreams and battling my demons. Happiness follows."

Follow my log at : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149516563&highlight=nobeard

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Speed & Agility Day

Warmups

5 20yd Sprints
    5 40yd Sprints
    2 20yd Shuttles
    3 40yd Shuttles

Agilities
    Ark flips, seat rolls, bear crawls
    Broad Jumps, Veritcal Jumps
    Calf Raises
    Toe Taps

Cold as tits out. 30 degrees with wind chill probably putting it in the low 20s. Overall, another easy day. I prefer sprints and agilities to a long run in terms of how it affects my body.

Follow my log at : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149516563&highlight=nobeard

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Wednesday 11-28

Madcows 2B

Squat
    125 for 5
    170 for 5
    215 for 5
    215 for 5

Deadlift
    180 for 5
    225 for 5
    275 for 5
    320 for 5

Incline Bench
    85 for 5
    105 for 5
    130 for 5
    150 for 5

Accessory Work
    Power Shrugs 285 3x5 +
    Football Cleans 170 3x3 +

Hypertrophy Work
    Leg Curls 3x12
    Lat Pulldown 3x12

Sh***y workout. Pain in my hip almost unbearable during squats. Fear of hurting it caused me to not go all out on my other lifts. First time in a long time I'm sucking up my pride and getting myself checked out. Will update with hip status

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Thursday 11-29

Speed & Agility Day

Warmups

5 20yd Sprints
    5 40yd Sprints
    2 20yd Shuttles
    3 40yd Shuttles

Agilities
    Calf Raises
    Toe Taps

Friday 11-30

Madcows 2C

Leg Press (Had to switch squats out for the time being, will explain below)
    180 for 5
    240 for 5
    310 for 5
    380 for 5
    450 for 3
    310 for 8

Bench
    80 for 5
    120 for 5
    155 for 5
    185 for 5
    225 for 5
    155 for 8

Bent BB Row
    60 for 5
    85 for 5
    100 for 5
    120 for 5
    145 for 3
    100 for 5

Accessory Work
    Hanging Weighted Dips BW(+90) 3x5
    Dumbbell Curls 35 3x8
    Tri Cable Extensions 130 3x8 +

I can't squat to depth without weight on my back with the way my hip is right now so I'm switching to leg press for the time being for recovery purposes. Heading to Columbus tonight after work for a friend's 21st, the only way the weekend will be successful is if the following happens; I don't black out, I don't hurt my hip any further and I down a fat bitch (Footlong sandwich with chicken tenders, mozzerella sticks and other sorts of fried goodies in it) from PJ's. Wish me luck!

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

BEARD STATUS

Actually more hair than in the picture, but it's mostly blonde. My chin hair was a reddish color and when I finally realized it....I became infuriated and shaved my entire face. Beard growth starts anew!

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabucche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NoBeard View Post
    BEARD STATUS
    [pic]
    Actually more hair than in the picture, but it's mostly blonde. My chin hair was a reddish color and when I finally realized it....I became infuriated and shaved my entire face. Beard growth starts anew!
    Good call, cant rush that beard growth. It may take many, many times to get it right!

Originally Posted by dabucche View Post
    Good call, cant rush that beard growth. It may take many, many times to get it right!
    Can't I just have a luscious lumberjack beard right now?

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Monday 12-3

Madcows 3A

Leg Press
    185 for 5
    255 for 5
    325 for 5
    395 for 5
    465 for 5

Bench
    90 for 5
    125 for 5
    160 for 5
    190 for 5
    225 for 5

Bent Barbell Row
    60 for 5
    80 for 5
    100 for 5
    125 for 5
    145 for 5

Accessory Work
    Barbell Calf Raises 245 3x8 +
    OHP 140 3x5 +
    Weighted Abs

Hypertrophy Work

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Tuesday 12 - 4

4 mile run
    Ab Workout
    Calf Raises
    Pullups
    Toe Taps

Turns out I strained my hip flexor and my quad so I just took it light today. The pain has been slowly dying down since I dropped squats, so hopefully I'll be good to go by next week!

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Wednesday 12-5

Leg Press
    185 for 5
    255 for 5
    325 for 5
    325 for 5

Deadlift
    180 for 5
    230 for 5
    280 for 5
    330 for 5

Incline
    80 for 5
    105 for 5
    125 for 5
    150 for 5

Accessory Work
    Dumbbell Shrugs 75 3x10
    Football Clean 175 3x3

Couldn't get around to logging yesterday. This was my first session at my Uni since the day I broke my skull and severely concussed myself. Went really well, was pleasantly surprised to not see a single curl bro in the squat racks. The only problem I have with our rec center is that the bars are all pretty greasy from all of the hands that touch them, it was extremely hard to hold onto the bar for my last rep of deadlift. Good session, hip and quad are coming along nicely. I'm able to body weight squat without too much pain! All in all, cannot wait to be back permanently in January

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Friday 12-7

Madcows 3C

Leg Press
    185 for 5
    255 for 5
    325 for 5
    395 for 5
    475 for 3 (10)
    325 for 5

Bench
    90 for 5
    125 for 5
    160 for 5
    190 for 5
    230 for 3
    160 got 8

Bent Barbell Row
    60 for 5
    80 for 5
    100 for 5
    125 for 5
    150 for 3
    100 for 8

Accessory Work
    Dumbbell Curls 35 3x8
    Overhead Tri Extensions 50 3x8

Did 10 reps for my 3 set of leg press. I hate leg press and I was getting pissed I had to do it so I went in hard, hold mah dick

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Monday 12-10

Madcows 4A

Squat
    120 for 5
    175 for 5
    220 for 5
    270 for 5
    320 for 5

Bench
    90 for 5
    130 for 5
    160 for 5
    195 for 5
    230 for 5

Row
    60 for 5
    85 for 5
    105 for 5
    130 for 5
    150 for 5

Accessory Work
    Calf Raises 3x8 250 +
    OHP 3x5 145
    Weighted Abs

Hypertrophy Work

Back to squatting this week, still a little pain in my hip but none in my quad. I set squats back to the beginning of week 3 for my own comfort. The bar felt extremely heavy on back for my fourth set but not my fifth set, but I assumed this would be the case. Good workout

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435

Tuesday 12-11

Speed & Agility Day

Warmups

5 20yd Sprints
    5 40yd Sprints
    2 20yd Shuttles
    3 40yd Shuttles

Agilities
    Calf Raises
    Toe Taps
    Ab Work

Started snowing pretty solidly while I was stretching out, great way to cool down the muscles -.-

Current Maxes (in lbs)
    Squat 385
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 435