BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)

Legend Pro Series Modular Half Cage LLR Fusion

Does anyone have any experience with this half cage? I'm putting serious consideration into it but the ONLY down side that I can see is it's very high cost.

I'm looking at ordering with a few options: dual landmine, dip attachments, swivel grip pull up handles

(sorry cant post images until after 50 posts)

i46.tinypic.com/wvb9s8.jpg

i45.tinypic.com/efnekl.jpg

i49.tinypic.com/1079r9k.jpg

legendfitness.com/Uploads/images/3268b-HI.jpg

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've seen that rack in person on a couple of occasions, but never actually used it. I don't really think there are any negatives. I'm not sure how much it cost, but that probably really isn't a negative when compared to comparable products. As far as price goes, you'll get your best price directly through Legend. Call and talk to Andrew at Legend and he will set you up.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the price quote and though it's costly, the pulley system and required bench is what doubles the price. By comparison, its approx. four times the cost of a residential duty type rack with pulleys and stack like the Bodycraft F430.
    Also, it's weight and size = heavy shipping fee.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind of space do you have? If you've got room you could look into a more off the shelf but quality Lat Pulldown / Low row and a separate rack.

Something like: http://www.gtechfitness.com/body-sol...e-mid-row.aspx

And: http://www.gtechfitness.com/legend-f...e-storage.aspx

with: http://www.gtechfitness.com/legend-f...ght-bench.aspx

I don't know what the quoted you though, I'm guessing $5,800 shipped?

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is one awesome setup. Living in NYC where a big space for your home gym can be hard to come by I'm very partial to the rack mounted pulley-system myself which can be tough to find on high end racks. Have you looked into power-lift? That may be the only brand I'd consider over this Legend setup but this really looks awesome. I think Powerlift in home delivery and install you'd end up north of $6K (delivery of course depending on where you are but that number would be very easy to hit); if you don't mind sharing what would the Legend setup put one of us back?

In my opinion if you know that: a) you're not moving for a good long while b) you have the space for this and c) you'll make good use of it then you should definitely pull the trigger on it - No better investment than your health! Good luck - I hope you get it and enjoy it and make a thread reviewing it in all of it's awesome

/living vicariously through you

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    What kind of space do you have? If you've got room you could look into a more off the shelf but quality Lat Pulldown / Low row and a separate rack.

Something like:

I don't know what the quoted you though, I'm guessing $5,800 shipped?

The room is in my currently under construction home. It is a gym attached to the master bedroom and bath. The room is 13.5x 14 with 10ft ceilings. Because space is limited I'm going with the following:

-half cage or full cage with or without a hi low pulley & 4 way bench
    -1200 lbs of CAP rubber coated plates, 5-120lb pro dumbbells (5-25 are hex) in 10lb increments (use platemates for additional 5 increments)
    -Bunch of troy and other bars (1500lb, 5ft, curl, trap bar, etc)
    -Bodycraft sled (shorter size was the selling point)
    -Hoist V1 w/ 200 lb stack. I can use this for lats etc and just strap on plates if needed (low rows, etc) but a heavy stack on the cage would be preferred.
    -Lifespan TR2000 (great treadmill because it's deck is shorter by a foot and folds with the deck vertical instead of angled out)

Cost of the Legend with all attachments listed and shipping is $6500 bshipped but that includes the $800 pro-series bench required for rows, etc. WIthout the bench it would have been 5700 shipped

Originally Posted by Squats49 View Post
    That is one awesome setup. Living in NYC where a big space for your home gym can be hard to come by I'm very partial to the rack mounted pulley-system myself which can be tough to find on high end racks. Have you looked into power-lift? That may be the only brand I'd consider over this Legend setup but this really looks awesome. I think Powerlift in home delivery and install you'd end up north of $6K (delivery of course depending on where you are but that number would be very easy to hit); if you don't mind sharing what would the Legend setup put one of us back?

In my opinion if you know that: a) you're not moving for a good long while b) you have the space for this and c) you'll make good use of it then you should definitely pull the trigger on it - No better investment than your health! Good luck - I hope you get it and enjoy it and make a thread reviewing it in all of it's awesome

/living vicariously through you
    I need to take a look at the Powerlift. As far as use, I kept the same Nautilus full cage, Nautilus sled, and Nautilus universal machine and used them non-stop for 10 years until a recent flood rusted out the beaten down gear. I'm very sure that these will be used for a long time (I'm 40 so maybe 50 more years!). My pro dummbells have been with me for 10 years and have no need for replacing with anything for a while.

This one (no pulleys) is $3500 delivered with all attachments (dip, landmines, handles) and 4 way bench. I can still use the Hoist V1 for pulley work but its not as sexy.
    Pic:

legendfitness.com/Uploads/images/3226p8.jpg

Also, the main reason for opting for a half cage instead of a full cage is space. Bothe are nearly identical in depth but the half cage, with arms removed, makes dumbbell work less cramped in the room. I've been away from lifting for a while now, but have alwasy focused on basics. However, I like finishing off with different stuff like machine presses for shoulders, mid rows for back, mid pulley extensions for tris, etc. so the universal machine (Hoist V1) keeps thigs from becoming boring for me.
    Last edited by BAVE; 11-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I assume your quotes are directly from Legend?

For the price, the second option seems like the obvious choice (does it save any space?), but I'll agree that the first one does look really nice. I think your at the point where only you know if the first rack is worth the additional money. If you really want it, and will use it (and it sounds like you will), I'm going to have to agree with SQUATS49 - Its an investment in your health, so you can't go wrong either way.

I'll also agree with SQUAT49 in that Powerlift might be worth looking at. I think the main difference (basing this off of memory and a discussion with Andrew at Legend) is that the Powerlift will be 7 guage (or slightly thicker) and the Legend will be 11 gauge with a 7 gauge chrome racking system. The Powerlift has the slots cut directly into the uprights vs the chrome racking system. If I were making the choice between the two, I'd probably go with the Legend. I like the styling better, and the fact that it doesn't have the braces at the bottom of the uprights like the Powerlift. Those braces look like they would get in the way.

Can't say I'd blame you if you went for the more expensive Legend. It is a beauty.

186lbs in Avatar

Yes direct prices and excellent service/response to questions by them so far. Going without the lat/low row decreases depth by a foot but either is reasonable. On one hand, I can do pulldowns, low ows, etc on the Hoist with the aid of a chain and a few plates. On the other hand, the lat and low row on the Legend are likely far superior. Either rack is overkill for residential use but I'd prefer it to saving the money and picking up something less. Another aspect of the decision, for me, is I will be limited to pieces and don't need (or can't) add more expensive pieces so this is it. No more benches, selectorized machines, etc.

My initial purchase was actually a closout Tuff Stuff half rack/smith with 200lb stack (paid $1500 shipped new in the box). When I received it this week I realized that they sold me an older different version with a different model number. It's still a Tuff Stull smith half cage but theres no chin bar, and the damn thing has a pec deck. They offered me a discount of $200 to keep it but it just didnt feel right coming from a full cage.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    But a full rack! Safety!

Have you considered Sorinexes obnoxious Yoke to keep yourself entertained instead of weight stack? http://store.sorinex.com/XL-Yoke-p/xl-yk.htm

Only problem I see is at 385 lbs you have to be in decent shape to use it as a yoke.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by BAVE View Post
    Yes direct prices and excellent service/response to questions by them so far. Going without the lat/low row decreases depth by a foot but either is reasonable. On one hand, I can do pulldowns, low ows, etc on the Hoist with the aid of a chain and a few plates. On the other hand, the lat and low row on the Legend are likely far superior. Either rack is overkill for residential use but I'd prefer it to saving the money and picking up something less. Another aspect of the decision, for me, is I will be limited to pieces and don't need (or can't) add more expensive pieces so this is it. No more benches, selectorized machines, etc.

My initial purchase was actually a closout Tuff Stuff half rack/smith with 200lb stack (paid $1500 shipped new in the box). When I received it this week I realized that they sold me an older different version with a different model number. It's still a Tuff Stull smith half cage but theres no chin bar, and the damn thing has a pec deck. They offered me a discount of $200 to keep it but it just didnt feel right coming from a full cage.

Doesn't sound like money is an issue, and if it isn't, I'd get the more expensive one. Like you said, the exercises won't be the same on the Hoist. Although I got mine cheaper (used), I have an open top rack and 4 half racks that are equal in construction quality to the Legend. Once you've worked on a heavy duty rack with the slotted racking system, you will not want to work on anything else! I quit counting a while back on how much money I've spent on my gym equipment, but I know I'm somewhere above $30k at this point.

The half racks are currently being stored due to lack of space, but I just sold my Smith, so one of them will likely be making an appearance soon. My cable system is still a work in progress. I saw another Bodymaster cable column advertised locally the other day, and I'm thinking about adding it to the collection (possibly setting it up like the Legend your considering). If you've perused the forum much you may have already seen my racks, but if not, here they are:

186lbs in Avatar