jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting back up, today's work out (advice welcomed)

I'm back to lifting recently and I just wanna see if there's anything I can add to what I'm currently doing to maximize efficiency.

Today:
    Deadlift 3x5
    Squat 2x5
    Dips 3x10
    Chins 3x10
    DB bench 1x8, 1x10, 1xFailure
    DB shrugs 2xfailure
    BB curls 2xfailure
    DB seated shoulder press 2x8

Would've done more deads/squats or possibly added rows but I'm nursing a recent lower back injury, any input/help is greatly appreciated!
    Negged to red on 11/6/2012 because I support Barack Obama.

jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jingle24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is solid man.

One thing I would change is to do the squats before the dead lifts, especially if you will be pushing yourself. Don't want to squat with a fatigued lumbar, since the weight is ON your body during the squat you can't just left go of it.

If you are going to be working out many times a week. Split some of the work up.

Look up Starting Strength or 5x5 and use that as your template. You can add/drop what you want but they are solid routines.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by batman37 View Post
    It is solid man.

One thing I would change is to do the squats before the dead lifts, especially if you will be pushing yourself. Don't want to squat with a fatigued lumbar, since the weight is ON your body during the squat you can't just left go of it.

If you are going to be working out many times a week. Split some of the work up.

Look up Starting Strength or 5x5 and use that as your template. You can add/drop what you want but they are solid routines.
    For me personally (everyone's different I suppose),

If I deadlift first I notice that all of my succeeding lifts are easier or I am more 'amped' persay to lift after I do those sets, I'm doing my squats on a smith machine currently because of A) My Back B) lack of competent 'spotters' at my gym.

After my back injury heals I could possibly try that but is that just a suggestion for while my back is weak, or should squats go first always regardless?

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my opinion the squat should always come first. You don't have to, but I like to squat when I'm fresh and 100%. I find that this reduces the risk of injury quite a bit.

Really it is up to you and how you feel most comfortable.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

MAC1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAC1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAC1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAC1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, I think it tis too much for one workout. Try to split them over 2 workouts and alternate between them.