RoyceAvery539 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any ideas for promoting our new crossfit cage?

Hey hows it going guys i'm a ptd at golds gym and we recently installed a Pur Motion Crossfit cage that the old PTD requested, unfortunatly the g.m. doesnt really think it will be as large of a draw as anticipated any ideas for promoting this thing so its not a giant flop i know cross fit is really big right now. We currently have it roped off so no one can access it unless they are with a trainer or with one of our cage classes we are currently running two a day 5 days a week below is a picture id love to hear any ideas
    Attached Images

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RoyceAvery539 View Post
    Hey hows it going guys i'm a ptd at golds gym and we recently installed a Pur Motion Crossfit cage that the old PTD requested, unfortunatly the g.m. doesnt really think it will be as large of a draw as anticipated any ideas for promoting this thing so its not a giant flop i know cross fit is really big right now. We currently have it roped off so no one can access it unless they are with a trainer or with one of our cage classes we are currently running two a day 5 days a week below is a picture id love to hear any ideas

Unless you are worried about kids and legal issues with getting hurt, your first problem is roping it off. The gym in my town has a similar apparatus and they do the same thing by roping it off. Personally, I am not going to pay for a trainer just to use the apparatus. Although it is very cool and has a lot of items on there that I would use, I will just go somewhere else and use something different. That's coming from a customer point of view.

Running the class (hopefully for free as a trial basis) is a good idea. Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle you will have in promoting this item is that there are too many things to choose from on there (I'm ADD a bit so I like that. :-) The best thing would be to highlight simple, yet effective workouts using this cage. For example, you really would only need the ropes to get a good resistance/cardio workout in.

Overall, I think this is kind of a tough sell. Two of the gyms in the local chain have it, and I rarely see anybody on there, albeit I am not in those very often if at all. For a lot of the "regular" people it will look intimidating to use. Classes, either free or at a discount will be your best bet.

Hope your gym gets to keep it. I love it, personally. It's an adult playground to me.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    "We rope it off, and nobody uses it, why?"

Remove the rope. Show people how to do the relevant exercises. Then they'll use it.