MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Cert to work with pro atheltes

I have been a coach for 20 years and I am a CPT.

Now I want to change careers and work towards being a training with pro-athletes.

What is the best cert for that that would not require me to have a degree?

Poliquin?
    NASM-PES?
    Another one?
    CSCS is out as they require a degree

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You're not likely to get into coaching unless you either have a degree and high educational credentials (possible S+C coach) or you work your way up the coaching ranks. If you have been coaching for 20 years, at what level and what sports?

Pro athlete trainers don't just suddenly get there - they have long track records and high levels of industry knowledge plus the right contacts. A piece of paper isn't going to do that for you.

MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    You're not likely to get into coaching unless you either have a degree and high educational credentials (possible S+C coach) or you work your way up the coaching ranks. If you have been coaching for 20 years, at what level and what sports?

Pro athlete trainers don't just suddenly get there - they have long track records and high levels of industry knowledge plus the right contacts. A piece of paper isn't going to do that for you.
    National Level Gymnastics, but I hear what you are saying :-(

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep you need a college degree and an awesome internship or connections. As far as certs though NSCA CSCS is a definite must and maybe NASMS PES to top it off. You must have a college degree for the CSCS anyways but its very possible to intern with different colleges sport and conditioning coaches and go from there.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

Originally Posted by ericzimmerman34 View Post
    Yep you need a college degree and an awesome internship or connections. As far as certs though NSCA CSCS is a definite must and maybe NASMS PES to top it off. You must have a college degree for the CSCS anyways but its very possible to intern with different colleges sport and conditioning coaches and go from there.
    Yeah...

I think I live in the wrong country (Canada) not too many sports teams and no internship that I know of :-(

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Poliquin. I got my Kin. degree and CSCS. Learnt the most from his internships...by far. And yes he does come to Canada.

Originally Posted by bigballin6161 View Post
    Poliquin. I got my Kin. degree and CSCS. Learnt the most from his internships...by far. And yes he does come to Canada.
    That is a huge compliment to Poliquin if you can say that after your degree and CSCS (which I understand to be one of the beat performance cert in the USA)

What can you tell me about the internship?

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MARCMANtheDUDE View Post
    That is a huge compliment to Poliquin if you can say that after your degree and CSCS (which I understand to be one of the beat performance cert in the USA)

What can you tell me about the internship?
    Look on his website. I wouldnt have gone to 5 of them if they wernt worth it and plan on going to another one soon. The results I was able to get with my clients after taking them improved dramatically.

Originally Posted by bigballin6161 View Post
    Look on his website. I wouldn't have gone to 5 of them if they wernt worth it and plan on going to another one soon. The results I was able to get with my clients after taking them improved dramatically.
    Read it up. It seems like what they call 'internship' are intensive course and not so much that you would work with them for a few months. Either way, it seems promising. I have asked for more info and I am waiting to hear back

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to train athletes educate yourself on how to get them results and go start training them. You won't get pro's right off the bat and might have start with young ones but that's how you build your rep. Whoever you can get around your area just get them results and word will spread about you.
    www.TrainWithSykes.com

Check out my Youtube Channel: TrainWithSykes

Please like the ******** Page: www.********.com/ITrainWithSykes

If your not getting better your getting worse. There is no in-between.

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    The friends-in-high-places-cert is generally a good one.

USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500)
    As others have stated, you need more than just a certification but the best certification is without question the CSCS.
    The NASM-PES is supposed to be a competitor for the CSCS but it doesn't even come close.