Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000)

Best deal for TPB?

Hi folks. I'm very much interested in purchasing the Capp Texas Power Bar. I already own a Pendlay HD and Rogue Bar. I love them but I want to work on my Big 3 and I want a stiff bar with center knurling to accomodate my goals.
    The majority of feedback on the TPB are positive and it seems like it's reputation is outstanding. Through my search, I've found this bar cheapest @ $245 from Irondawg. I'm not sure if this includes shipping but I will email for a quote soon. I've also seen it high as almost $400. At that point, I might as well purchase the Rogue Power Bar @ $375. The only thing stopping me, is that although the Rogue Power Bar has positive reviews, it's reputation is nowhere near the level of the TPB, especially on this forum.
    I've also read that athletic tape around the center of my existing bars can act as my center knurling, but I still want the TPB alone for my Big 3.
    Can you folks help me find the cheapest option to buy the TPB? Or help me find a retailer in California?
    Thank you so much!

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    About two months ago there were two big threads. Within those there are two sites listed with the best prices. I ordered from one but ATM can't remember the site.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The cheapest seems to be lifestylesport.com/Texas_Power_Bar_by_Buddy_Capps_Welding_p/texas-powerbar.htm which has it shipped at $279.

Texas strength systems has a sale and appears to be shipping for $285: texasstrengthsystems.com/Bars.html

Weightlifter's warehouse has it for $245 + shipping, but since they're based in California, shipping could be a little cheaper for you: wwfitness.com

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    The cheapest seems to be lifestylesport.com/Texas_Power_Bar_by_Buddy_Capps_Welding_p/texas-powerbar.htm which has it shipped at $279.

Texas strength systems has a sale and appears to be shipping for $285: texasstrengthsystems.com/Bars.html

Weightlifter's warehouse has it for $245 + shipping, but since they're based in California, shipping could be a little cheaper for you: wwfitness.com
    I agree with the above, and would order from whichever one, of the last two mentioned, would ship it cheapest. Only because they are known entities to deal with. I can personally vouch for Bill Ennis at wwfitness.com, he's a good guy.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The TPB is a sweet bar but it is not stiffer than the Rogue Bar, so don't be disappointed if you notice it whips about the same. I have in my possession right now a Texas Power bar, two Rogue Bars, a Rogue Power Bar and a Rogue Westside Economy Bar and they all flex the exact same, with the Westside bar maybe being about 0.5% stiffer. To get a stiff bar, you need to move up in diameter unfortunately.
    BW: 247
    Squat: 550
    Deadlift: 601
    Bench: 381 w/pause
    Press: 275
    Front Squat: 405

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    legend fitness has them in stock for $225. that doesn't include shipping.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    legend fitness has them in stock for $225. that doesn't include shipping.
    I would guess that theirs is the Troy version since they are Troy dealers. I dont know if there is a difference between the Troy and B Capps versions of the bar.

f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I understand, Buddy Capps still makes the Troy bars but Troy supply their own steel stock to him for their bars. Probably still excellent bars, I know those are the ones EliteFTS sells.
    BW: 247
    Squat: 550
    Deadlift: 601
    Bench: 381 w/pause
    Press: 275
    Front Squat: 405

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I would guess that theirs is the Troy version since they are Troy dealers. I dont know if there is a difference between the Troy and B Capps versions of the bar.
    No, it is the Buddy Capps version. At least that is what I was told and the ones in their showroom have the little emblem of the state of Texas on the end cap.

http://www.legendfitness.com/product...dumbbells.aspx
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I have the Troy version of the TPB and it's a spitting image of Capps bar other than the end caps, on looks anyway. It's worked out well for me.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would order from lifestylesport.com they have the bars on hand and are ready to ship. Everyone else takes your order sends it to buddy to make it. Then it ships from him to you. This can take 2-4 weeks. If you dont like to wait like me this will be your best option
    But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #22 []---[]

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TinyB View Post
    I would order from lifestylesport.com they have the bars on hand and are ready to ship. Everyone else takes your order sends it to buddy to make it. Then it ships from him to you. This can take 2-4 weeks. If you dont like to wait like me this will be your best option

Yea, this is probably where I'd go. I can't vouge for the site, but it looks legit. It has an address, phone number, and lists the higher ups names. Says they've been in business for 30 years, but you can say anything. I might email them or call them to see how they answer and google some reviews. From what I can tell, they're a legit company and $279 shipped for that bar with no wait is a good deal. I paid like $255 for mine last february, but I had to wait 6 weeks. The company I got mine from is higher now (shipping...the bar is at $219...no typo), but you still have to wait the 6 weeks.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Legend has them in stock too!

186lbs in Avatar

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Legend has them in stock too!

What's the price? The link you gave didn't go anywhere....just a generic page at legend. That's the main problem I have with them...if you're shopping around, you don't want to have to email and call....you want a price. They make you work to get a price and that's BS. Everything else I hear about them is great...don't get me wrong....I just hate the "call for a price" attitude.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    What's the price? The link you gave didn't go anywhere....just a generic page at legend. That's the main problem I have with them...if you're shopping around, you don't want to have to email and call....you want a price. They make you work to get a price and that's BS. Everything else I hear about them is great...don't get me wrong....I just hate the "call for a price" attitude.

$225

The link went to a write up that clarified that they sell the Buddy Caps bar and not the Troy.

186lbs in Avatar

TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    $225

The link went to a write up that clarified that they sell the Buddy Caps bar and not the Troy.
    What is the cost of shipping? I know with lifestyle the 285 includes shipping and dont quote me but i believe northernmorris got his bar through them. I bought mine through texasstrengthsystems.com took two weeks from placing the order to recieving it.
    But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #22 []---[]

Originally Posted by TinyB View Post
    What is the cost of shipping? I know with lifestyle the 285 includes shipping and dont quote me but i believe northernmorris got his bar through them. I bought mine through texasstrengthsystems.com took two weeks from placing the order to recieving it.
    Don't know the shipping, because I was at Legend when the sales rep quoted me the price and he pointed to a large bin bull of them.

186lbs in Avatar

What's the price? That's the main problem I have with them...if you're shopping around, you don't want to have to email and call....you want a price. They make you work to get a price and that's BS.
    I imagine they do that because they sell their products lower than their distributors.

186lbs in Avatar

I imagine they do that because they sell their products lower than their distributors.
    That actually makes sense....I'll decrease rant level a little

$225

I kept trying to click on the "bars" tab and kept getting that page. You should've snagged one of them for $225 while you were there!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I kept trying to click on the "bars" tab and kept getting that page. You should've snagged one of them for $225 while you were there!
    I thought about it, and if I hadn't spent so much money recently I probably would have. I did finally get to play around with one though (at Legend), and will get one when I'm back in that area. They look like a great bar for the money.

186lbs in Avatar

I thought about it, and if I hadn't spent so much money recently I probably would have. I did finally get to play around with one though (at Legend), and will get one when I'm back in that area. They look like a great bar for the money.

Well....if you're planning on coming back to the Expo....talk to Animal before you go to Legend. I think, but I'm not positive, he was interested in a TPB....you could save him some jack if he does...if he doesn't comp you a beer, I will .

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Well....if you're planning on coming back to the Expo....talk to Animal before you go to Legend. I think, but I'm not positive, he was interested in a TPB....you could save him some jack if he does...if he doesn't comp you a beer, I will .
    I'll be at the Arnold, I've already got my hotel reservations. I'll be sure and check with him before I go back up there.

186lbs in Avatar

bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbird916 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just received mine from lifestylesport.com today, 6 business days for shipping, $279

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Ben Franklin

My 5/3/1 log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147398093

HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you so much for your input.
    It looks like be going with lifestylesport. wwfitness quoted me at $45.00 for shipping, making it $10 more than lifestylesport. Through email and phone call, I was not succesful in reaching a sales rep and have not recieved an email reply from Legend. I'm going to pull the trigger on lifestylesport if I don't get a response from Legend by early next week.
    And bigbird916, your bar looks so sweet. Can't wait til I have my own!
    Thanks again folks!

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HawkTime7 View Post
    Thank you so much for your input.
    It looks like be going with lifestylesport. wwfitness quoted me at $45.00 for shipping, making it $10 more than lifestylesport. Through email and phone call, I was not succesful in reaching a sales rep and have not recieved an email reply from Legend. I'm going to pull the trigger on lifestylesport if I don't get a response from Legend by early next week.
    And bigbird916, your bar looks so sweet. Can't wait til I have my own!
    Thanks again folks!
    Andrew Hall- Legend sales rep: (work cell): 615-584-3603

Very nice guy, plenty here can vouch for him.

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Thanks Northernmoris!

Sorry for bumping this thread again but I just want to thank you guys again for your resources.
    I pulled the trigger with Legend. Andrew is a great sales rep with great communication and positive energy. He priced their TPB @ only $220 and has me down for $50 shipping, bringing me $10 under lifestylesport. Not the biggest savings but I'll take it. The transaction alone was very pleasant, so I'll be jumping on the Legend bus with you guys, when I shop for more gear.
    Last edited by HawkTime7; 11-05-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: correct grammar

Sorry for bumping this thread again but I just want to thank you guys again for your resources.
    I pulled the trigger with Legend. Andrew is a great sales rep with great communication and positive energy. He priced their TPB @ only $220 and has me down for $50 shipping, bringing me $10 under lifestylesport. Not the biggest savings but I'll take it. The transaction alone was very pleasant, so I'll be jumping on the Legend bus with you guys, when I shop for more gear.
    Good follow up on the info, good luck with the bar and let us know how you like it. Repped for follow up.

That's awesome to hear. Now we officially have a new source for the bar. Enjoy it.

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some one on ebay has a lot of TPB (buddy capps) for $279 w/ free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BUDDY-CA...item3a7b8b390e
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE