Thread: first client

crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

first client

Well, this isn't really a client, and I'm not really a personal trainer. However this is the first time I am designing a workout plan for someone else. I gotta make my little bro big for rugby in March. Im starting with a full body routine every second day (1st day 6 excercises 3 alternating sets 8 reps big weights, 2nd day 6 exercises 2 alternating sets 20 reps low weights, 3rd day 6 exercises 3 alt sets 12 reps reg weights). Im going to start him on plyometrics and sprinting in a week, and change his workout plan at the end of the 4th week (12week program). We're doing various fitness tests at the end of every week (Beep test, 3cone drill, 40's, 60 second tests (pushups, pullups, burpees, inverted rows, distance running shuttle runs ect). I will also be designing a good meal plan for him makin sure he gets the proper macros and calories. Hes 17, 130 lbs (lean) about 5'4 or 5'6 (ill double check), and very fast and quick (obviously a little small). If anybody has any suggestions or tips or anything at all to contribute, please help. Im kind of winging it here.
    Thanks

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you ever thought about paying a trainer who has actually trained rugby players?

What is with the recent amount of threads of people saying "I have no idea what I'm doing and no experience or qualifications, but I'm training x person anyway so please tell me what to do".

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My opinion is to keep it simple.
    Testing bodyweight exercises while doing weight training as your main resistance doesnt make alot of sense ,no disrespect JMO.
    If your main training is weight related test his strength in those exercises.
    I would cut it down to two or three exercises per workout session and make them bang for you buck lifts.
    This might include squats,deadlifts,power cleans,clean and presses,bench press,ect.
    I feel your trying to do to many different protocols to get good at each thing will be harder than concentrating on a few.
    At his size and weight get him stronger and gain some weight first then phase into more conditioning and plyos before his season starts.
    Maybe sprints and some running on off lifting days but not to much to effect his strength gains.
    Thats my two cents.

crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, u got a point on trying to do too much. I'm going to start him a few big lifts per workout, and progress into other things as he develops

patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/ws4sb.pdf

Do this and don't deviate... Your program is awful.

Do this and don't deviate... Your program is awful.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I got a lot of reading to do. Thanks for the link!