Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Does cardio equal to a diet or not for fat loss?

Is that same to replace diet with 500cc deficit by cardio with spending 500cc?

For example:
    My needs is 2500cc. For fat loss i need calories deficit about 500cc. So, i can spend it on cardio, but also can achieve it by decreasing of intake daily calories. In both cases it will -500cc. Correct or not? If yeas, why do we need this fukin cardio routine?
    Im like a dog, easy to understand english language, but hard to say )

Dont try to impose some one, all i have posted is only my POV

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You dont need any exercise at all to lose weight as long as you are in a deficit.
    Exercise just makes it easier since it means you can potentially eat more , easier to hit your daily macros.

You dont need to do cardio , some dont do it at all. But looking from a health point of view , cardio has it benefits even if its not used for weight loss.

Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So daily cardio just make daily calories deficit... I was hoping for some intrigue =)
    Im like a dog, easy to understand english language, but hard to say )

Dont try to impose some one, all i have posted is only my POV

justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kostya1981 View Post
    Is that same to replace diet with 500cc deficit by cardio with spending 500cc?

For example:
    My needs is 2500cc. For fat loss i need calories deficit about 500cc. So, i can spend it on cardio, but also can achieve it by decreasing of intake daily calories. In both cases it will -500cc. Correct or not? If yeas, why do we need this fukin cardio routine?
    I have lost 50 lbs since the beginning of summer simply by diet manipulation+ weight training-no cardio in any form.
    Some people say it helps with heart health as well as increased endurance, it also allows you to eat more on a cut. I've been in extremely good "cardiovascular shape" before, and I would assume I am in horrible "cardiovascular shape" now however I feel like I have more intensity and endurance now than ever before...ergo I don't deem it necessary, and I leave it out.
    Last edited by justinmilne; 11-09-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: it cut off

ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here's a link that states some of the benefits of cardio:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark85.htm
    Decreasing the calories alone will work but you'd see faster results if you decrease and add cardio to your routine.
    Paternus Deus, Humana Fraternitas

justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinmilne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ericdose View Post
    Here's a link that states some of the benefits of cardio:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark85.htm
    Decreasing the calories alone will work but you'd see faster results if you decrease and add cardio to your routine.
    Only to the extent of the caloric deficit being greater than the diet itself. However if you matched a diet of -7000cal(person a) with a -3500cal diet and -3500cal cardio(person b), they would be the same.

ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by justinmilne View Post
    Only to the extent of the caloric deficit being greater than the diet itself. However if you matched a diet of -7000cal(person a) with a -3500cal diet and -3500cal cardio(person b), they would be the same.
    Yeah but doing cardio increases metabolism over an extended period of time even after you're done working out. Either way would work for OP, just do what works for you.
    Paternus Deus, Humana Fraternitas

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love riding the stationary bike in the morning. I burn between 275-300 cals 5-6 days per week. I lost 30 lbs a few years doing this and didn't calorie count. I ate clean meals too. No idea what my cals were. I think cardio and weight lifting keeps your metabolism high, so you burn more calories throughout the day than somebody who only does calorie deficits.

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Two things.

1. The effect of cardio on your metabolism later in the day is negligible at best. There were studies that showed boosts of several calories an hour for a few hours after doing HIIT and now everyone acts like its a huge effect. Not attacking Eric, just the misperception that keeps getting perpetuated.
    2. I don't think it is as simple as a caloric deficit is a caloric deficit whether it be from eating or cardio. When the deficit come from cardio especially cardio where your heart rate is up most of the calories burned are glycogen, while through diet the calories being used are fat. Now energy is energy but depleting your glycogen may lead to a loss in muscle mass through weight loss to a greater degree than weight loss through diet. I don't want to make the same mistake I was talking about in the 1st point, this may not be this big of an effect but one can imagine that losing weight just through cardio will cause you to lose more muscle mass than through diet which can then slow weight loss in the long run because you will have a lower metabolism due to the lower lean body mass.

gjoyner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Two things.

1. The effect of cardio on your metabolism later in the day is negligible at best. There were studies that showed boosts of several calories an hour for a few hours after doing HIIT and now everyone acts like its a huge effect. Not attacking Eric, just the misperception that keeps getting perpetuated.
    2. I don't think it is as simple as a caloric deficit is a caloric deficit whether it be from eating or cardio. When the deficit come from cardio especially cardio where your heart rate is up most of the calories burned are glycogen, while through diet the calories being used are fat. Now energy is energy but depleting your glycogen may lead to a loss in muscle mass through weight loss to a greater degree than weight loss through diet. I don't want to make the same mistake I was talking about in the 1st point, this may not be this big of an effect but one can imagine that losing weight just through cardio will cause you to lose more muscle mass than through diet which can then slow weight loss in the long run because you will have a lower metabolism due to the lower lean body mass.
    Ok I have a ? I do hiit training with my lifting 20 sec rest between each set is that equal to cardio or do I need to do so other form of cardio

yakub2627 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gjoyner View Post
    Ok I have a ? I do hiit training with my lifting 20 sec rest between each set is that equal to cardio or do I need to do so other form of cardio
    I personally do about 20-25 min of medium to high intensity cadio immediately after I complete a work out of my HIIT 100 program, (Brutal endurance builder and really gets fat melting off)
    The HIIT will definitely get your heart rate up there but depending on the length of your workout the time that your HR is in a good range may not be long enough. I would recommend some sort of cardio immediately following. By doing it after working out your glycogen has been depleted and allows for some fat to be melted for energy. This also builds a much higher stamina level. I noticed a much higher metabolism through out the day if I add the intense cardio after.

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ummm... Cardio just burns calories. You never know how much because no machine can accurately track them. The myth behind it raising your metabolism for hours after is bs. It just raises your daily calorie maintance, so you can either be in a bigger deficit, or you can eat more to stay at your current weight. I see this as a positive because the more food you can eat on a cut, the more nutrition your body has access too... proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, etc.

But the myth about cardio burning more muscle is just a myth. Cardio uses muscles, especially your heart muscle. It doesn't burn muscles, nor have I seen any research that's 100% says your body does attack the energy in your muscles, thus decreasing size. If anything, with increase blood flow, you would think that your body would supply more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, because that is what you use when doing cardio thus increasing fat burn, or taking it's energy out of fat stores. I could be wrong about this but after doing cardio, both liss and hiit for so long I do not see how my muscles have gotten any smaller because of cardio alone. If anything it's because I wasn't using my muscles and eating enough protein while on a cut, and besides you will lose muscle on a cut weather you want to or not. Preserving as much as you can while working out and maintaining strength and eating the proteins is about all you can do.

Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skopel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ramborage View Post
    Ummm... Cardio just burns calories. You never know how much because no machine can accurately track them. The myth behind it raising your metabolism for hours after is bs. It just raises your daily calorie maintance, so you can either be in a bigger deficit, or you can eat more to stay at your current weight. I see this as a positive because the more food you can eat on a cut, the more nutrition your body has access too... proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, etc.
    But if you will be in a deficit, no matters how much fat and protein you ingest, it will be used to generate energy. Am I right? Talking about minerals and vitamins, they can be fit by suplementation.

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio just helps you burn extra calories, so in theory you'll do just as well to reduce calories. I think weight training is more important because it helps you preserve your muscle tissue while also burning calories. I really prefer interval training for burning extra calories (beyond weight training) because it is more interesting and time efficient.

But DIET is going to be the most important factor in whether or not you lose fat.

snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snapoztah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Correct. Since you burn calories doing cardio, the caloric deficit will increase.

However, it should be said that low-intensity cardio is contraproductive to building muscle mass.

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Two things.

Normal amounts of cardio are not going to result in muscle loss. You say that using glycogen may cause it but what do you think you use for energy when you do anaerobic strength training exercises? - glycogen. You are talking about catabolic metabolism where the body will break down muscle for energy during starvation or extreme cardio like marathons.

"Major muscles in a rested, untrained human typically contain enough energy for about 2 hours of vigorous exercise. Exhaustion of glycogen is a major cause of what marathon runners call "hitting the wall". Training, lower intensity levels, and carbohydrate loading may allow postponement of the onset of exhaustion beyond 4 hours.[5]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise

It is very hard to completely deplete all of the glycogen in your muscles. It is used during any exercise, aerobic or strength training and then is refilled again when you eat. I think you will only see muscle loss from long distance type cardio which most people aren't doing for general weight loss and those that are that dedicated to some endurance sport are ok with some muscle loss.