DaveRepola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tobacco and Alcohol

I'm 19 and I'm trying to gain mainly mass and definition. Besides the obvious health risks associated with smoking, chewing and drinking...will they affect my ability to gain mass and build definition as long as I continue to lift, run and eat healthy?

rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaveRepola View Post
    I'm 19 and I'm trying to gain mainly mass and definition. Besides the obvious health risks associated with smoking, chewing and drinking...will they affect my ability to gain mass and build definition as long as I continue to lift, run and eat healthy?
    Yes. A lot. You'll still make gains, but not nearly as much as if you did neither of those.
    “You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth than go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin’, you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody!"
    -Rocky Balboa

DaveRepola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rkalsow View Post
    Yes. A lot. You'll still make gains, but not nearly as much as if you did neither of those.
    So physically alcohol will limit my body from growing? That sucks...i wanna grow, but I also wanna party haha

Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's been said that alcohol may slow down protein synthesis but everything in moderation my friend. As long as you don't get plastered every day then I doubt it will affect you much in terms of gains
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think either one will affect your mass gains. Alcohol and leaning out is a big no no but other than that I don't see why either would limit your gains if you trained correctly and hit your macros everyday.

Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gregthegiant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In the short-term, alcohol will hurt you more than tobacco due to the empty calories you consume and long periods of time it causes you to go without eating or sleeping as well as messing with your protein synthesis. However, you also need your lungs to be at 100% to be able to do your best work in the gym and make the best gains you can and obviously smoking will fk you over there.

IMO you should try to quit tobacco and cut back to every once in a while when it comes to alcohol. Also be smart with it, obviously having a few shots of vodka mixed with diet coke will be a lot less detrimental than drinking a six pack of beer.
    Success is found in the garden of failure

L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    in moderation its not a problem but getting hammered once a week will slow down your muscle gains.
    "The body achieves what the mind believes."

"Normality is what the weak call living, I call it death."

"Suffer the pain of discipline now or suffer the pain of regret later."

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail.”

"A goal without a plan is a wish."

jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstr94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100) dannytin is not very well liked. (-100)
    you cant combat drinking and smoking with eating healthy and exercising.... logic/10
    Starting weight: 125lbs
    ------------------------------
    #3... Always
    ------------------------------
    Rest in Peace Az
    ~1989-2011~

DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DedicateD93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking and Bodybuilding don't mix. I mean you can still make progress while drinking, but your progress would be a lot better if you didn't.
    If you don’t have a dream… then you have nothing to work for… nothing to get up in the morning for… No reason.. and no purpose to be. but friends we do have a dream and dreams do come true not because we keep believing but we keep Working Hard. -Kai Greene

https://www.youtube.com/user/brewerfitness
    https://www.********.com/BrewerFitness