Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by m314 View Post
    That would solve the budget problems here overnight. California pays out much more in federal taxes than they take in through government spending. The poorer states would be a lot poorer without the generous contributions from California taxpayers.
    It does seem that those states that bitch the loudest about Federal taxes and spending are those that feed most deeply from the government trough.

Originally Posted by m314 View Post
    I read several years ago about a movement to split California into two states, North and South. That was before I moved here. I wonder what ever happened with that.
    Logically, it would be East and West. The coast is more affluent and liberal, the interior is less affluent and conservative. I have to say I found it odd to see all the Romney/Ryan signs in the fields on my trip to San Luis Obispo - if they had won and were serious about their undocumented worker rhetoric, who would be left to work on the fields next to those signs? I wondered what the workers thought - if they had time to even contemplate the irony.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine