jaym1357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my own family hating on me...?

I've been called fat by my family my whole fking life. Especially my younger sister. I'm a 17 yr old guy btw. Of all people, I'd expect that they would support me, as I'm finally doing something about it now, but no, they carry on demotivating me, trying to throw me off, they buy me junk food, then when I say "I can't eat it, thank you though, I'm trying to lose weight". they just call me ungrateful. Now my younger sis has just hated on me and constantly insults me every day. IMA GUY BTW. I can't deal with her, even when I ignore her she carries on, and I snap sometimes, but I can't deal with it. I do everything for my sis and she still treats me like $hit. It's mainly my sister that is the trouble. She calls me obese (when I'm not, I'm only 195 lbs), says I'll never do anything, calls me a fat cun*, says I'll never get anywhere in life, and ironically, it demotivates the hell out of me. How can I use her to fuel my passion, and keep staying committed to my workout and clean eating nprogram, and kind of cut her out of my life and just do my own thing? I wanna make her feel unimportant, what do I do or say? This is such a complex situation, because it's my family. |Tips? And why does she do this? I can't talk to her, she's so stubborn, and rude and insecure.

SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamFerguson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, my family doing that would be the most motivation for me to prove them wrong. Question though, is your family overweight? If so that may explain why they don't want you to change your physical appearance, as they don't have the dedication to do it themselves. Overall, I would just do your best to not take personal offense (yes, easier said than done) and keep on keeping on and hit the gym. Just look at it as, just because you can't do it, doesn't mean I'm gonna let you stop me from doing it.

Originally Posted by SamFerguson View Post
    Honestly, my family doing that would be the most motivation for me to prove them wrong. Question though, is your family overweight? If so that may explain why they don't want you to change your physical appearance, as they don't have the dedication to do it themselves. Overall, I would just do your best to not take personal offense (yes, easier said than done) and keep on keeping on and hit the gym. Just look at it as, just because you can't do it, doesn't mean I'm gonna let you stop me from doing it.
    yeh man i guess I should use their bs as motivation. Yeah my mum and dad are overweight. My mum and my sis are the ones harassing me though. My sis isn't overweight. my dad is a lot nicer though and understanding. Thanks a lot man, it's just fkin shi**Y when then people you expect to be there for you all the time and support you do the exact opposite.

Geronimo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Generally I've heard the same thing from my family members and teammates. My family doesn't really say anything too often, it's just when they are in a bad mood and I say something involving fitness or health (like if I need more food or something), and they call me skinny and anorexic. This one kid several days ago during a morning workout for the football team I'm on was deadlifting, I asked him how many more sets he had left, and told me to "get out of here you skinny sh*t". He meant it as a joke, but it still hurt because I was just starting to try and put on more weight for the off-season. You've gotta get mad and instantly start working out or jogging, or whatever it is you need to do. Don't say anything to them or flip out, just keep doing whatever it is you want to do. I'll try if you do. GL mate.

biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude seriously... use that chit as motivation. aint nothing better....
    when they buy junk food and offer it to you and you refuse, you shouldnt feel bad in any way, just walk off smiling because you know in your head you did the right thing.
    I was a mssive fat dude back in the day, no one ever gave me chit, dont know why, the only one poerson who did was my uncle, and he layed into me HARD. just once....
    All i needed was that!!! EVERY SONGLE day i went out and did cardio all that was in the back of my head was that sentence my uncle said to me, every time i was a Mc Donalds with friends all i could remember was that sentence my uncle said. and belive it or not that one sentence got me 'fit' so next time you get called "fat" dont get angry at anyone just let it build up in your head and when your in the gym or doing cardio let it all come out.
    Belive me.
    "you have to get ugly to get big" Kevan Wilson.
    YEAHHHHHHH BUDDDDY

ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000) ImTooBeta is just really nice. (+1000)
    Use the hate as motivation. Remember that once you lose weight and they see you...they'll be jealous and feel bad.

Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its sad that you let that get you down. But i understand. People laughed at me in the gym bro, an old man told me to get off a machine halfway through a set and I did. You have to believe in yourself. I am dieting right now too. That extra fat you have really interferes with testosterone, making you emotional. shed it, become a man. done.

Thanks everyone, really helps

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look at what we have here!

I used to be in a similar situation like you except it's my elder brothers and other relatives that called me mr. pig, fat@ss, fatty, brownies (i'm fat and had the darkest skin color in the family), and some other flowery names they can think of. I kinda felt like an outsider in the family but who cares.
    NOW THEY'RE THE FATTER ONES [Finally!] (This used to be my main motivation, to make them eat their words). It's seems unproductive but hey, if that's the only thing you have as a motivation then why not use it.

good luck, Make them eat their words for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    Kid on the gym sees you working out your shoulders ...
    Asks "How much can you bench?" 0_O

danyxxxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn something is wrong with your sister , anyway as most of the people said already just use that hate as a motivation good luck man

BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNickel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Motivation. They lash out to hurt you and take the focus off of themselves.

The best thing you can do (will frustrate them the most) is smile and just pretend like it doesn't bother you at all. Then calmly ask them if they want some help transforming their own bodies. Even when they won't listen just mention how good you feel now that you are training and how easy it is.

Watch them flip their lids when you kill them with kindness. The teasing will stop. Just don't give in by getting upset, that is what they are trying to achieve.

jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jason81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how old are you and your sister?

ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ats94 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sorry to hear that man, thats pretty ****ed up but like everyone else said let there chit talkin drive you to greatness!! best of luck bro

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by biggie87 View Post
    Dude seriously... use that chit as motivation. aint nothing better....
    when they buy junk food and offer it to you and you refuse, you shouldnt feel bad in any way, just walk off smiling because you know in your head you did the right thing.
    I was a mssive fat dude back in the day, no one ever gave me chit, dont know why, the only one poerson who did was my uncle, and he layed into me HARD. just once....
    All i needed was that!!! EVERY SONGLE day i went out and did cardio all that was in the back of my head was that sentence my uncle said to me, every time i was a Mc Donalds with friends all i could remember was that sentence my uncle said. and belive it or not that one sentence got me 'fit' so next time you get called "fat" dont get angry at anyone just let it build up in your head and when your in the gym or doing cardio let it all come out.
    Belive me.
    What did your uncle say?
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Goooood. Gooooood. Let the hate flow through you.

Originally Posted by jason81 View Post
    how old are you and your sister?
    I'm 17 and she's 15.

biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    What did your uncle say?
    It's not as bad as it sounds, but he said it in front of everyone, the whole family, all my friends and there was a girl there that i had a massive crush on (engaged to her now so its ok) but back then we hardly knew eacjh other and my uncle came up to me and said "how are you ever going to find a girl with that stomach of yours all it does is bounce around, and makes you look ugly, next time i see you at the beach you better be wearing a t-shirt"
    Mind you that was the first or second time i had the guts to take my top of at the beach. once he said that i couldnt take my top off untill recently.
    as i said it sound that bad but he said it in front of everyone and it was embarassing!!!
    "you have to get ugly to get big" Kevan Wilson.
    YEAHHHHHHH BUDDDDY

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is the 100th topic ive read about this so its surprisingly common

not surprising is that people fear change. yourself included, so $#(# em, keep changing, dont look back and most importantly dont use them as an excuse to fail
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes