ebixby15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Natural Steroids: ECDYSTERONE

So I am a little confused about the idea of "Natural" Steroids. I am referring to this article on BB.com:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak34.htm
    So I understand that steroids that are illegal are synthetic and created in a lab and have major impacts on hormones and other bodily functions.

What I don't understand is how natural anabolic steroids DON'T do anything with your hormones. I thought to be anabolic it had to have an impact on your hormones...

Lastly, I also don't understand how Ecdysterone is sold on BB.com. I though that anabolic substances weren't allowed to be sold on here.

Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks
    First-Year Mechanical Engineering Student @ Oregon State University

Squat: 315x2
    Deadlift: 425x1
    Bench: 225x1

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The first sentence of the summary "Because of its non-hormonal, steroid-free characteristics, anabolic bodybuilding supplements containing both sterones and flavones (e.g., methoxy, ß-ecdysone, ipriflavone, 5,7-dihydroxyflavone, and isoflavones) are powerful alternatives to prohormone-based supplements."

They are marketed as being "anabolic" but they aren't "Effects of Methoxyisoflavone, Ecdysterone, and Sulfo-Polysaccharide Supplementation on Training Adaptations in Resistance-Trained Males" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129166/

"Results indicate that M, E, and CSP3 supplementation do not affect body composition or training adaptations nor do they influence the anabolic/catabolic hormone status or general markers of catabolism in resistance-trained males."
    My secret? Texting between sets.

ebixby15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    The first sentence of the summary "Because of its non-hormonal, steroid-free characteristics, anabolic bodybuilding supplements containing both sterones and flavones (e.g., methoxy, ß-ecdysone, ipriflavone, 5,7-dihydroxyflavone, and isoflavones) are powerful alternatives to prohormone-based supplements."

They are marketed as being "anabolic" but they aren't "Effects of Methoxyisoflavone, Ecdysterone, and Sulfo-Polysaccharide Supplementation on Training Adaptations in Resistance-Trained Males" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129166/

"Results indicate that M, E, and CSP3 supplementation do not affect body composition or training adaptations nor do they influence the anabolic/catabolic hormone status or general markers of catabolism in resistance-trained males."
    Thanks for the article.
    First-Year Mechanical Engineering Student @ Oregon State University

Squat: 315x2
    Deadlift: 425x1
    Bench: 225x1