jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is this job worth it? Plz need help

So I got an offer at a gym and I don't know if I should take it. I'm looking to work in the fitness industry for a career. I need experience so I can be a fitness manager or hopefully own my own gym some day. The gym is 45 minutes away, it's 13 hours a week at 8 bucks an hour. Calculated it and its 104.00 a week before taxes are taken out. Is this worth it for the experience? Not rich or anything so will be paying for my own gas and stuff.

knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jerzyfit View Post
    So I got an offer at a gym and I don't know if I should take it. I'm looking to work in the fitness industry for a career. I need experience so I can be a fitness manager or hopefully own my own gym some day. The gym is 45 minutes away, it's 13 hours a week at 8 bucks an hour. Calculated it and its 104.00 a week before taxes are taken out. Is this worth it for the experience? Not rich or anything so will be paying for my own gas and stuff.
    Deff not, if your doing it for the experience, find your closest gym and ask them if you can do some work experience (work without pay) and learn as much as you can. This will cut out the long drive, and who knows if u prove urself when they need somone they'll call on the guy that has experience working there if not it will look good on ur cv

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    45 minutes away sounds like a gallon or so each way. So $7 per day you work is used on just gas, not to mention the rest of your car's maintenance.

You work 3 days a week that's $21 gone before you ever see it.

You'll probably get around $75 after taxes leaving you with around $50 per week after gas. Doesn't sound worth it to me.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What will you be doing there? Chances are if your going to be a fitness manager you'll need at the least a couple years of personal training experience and a college degree never hurt.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress