Thread: Bad Weigh In

dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad Weigh In

I woke up this morning, pumped to weigh in. I have been killing it at the gym, setting all new personal highs on amount lifted, calories burned (assumed at least), distance on all cardio machines, etc. I have been going on the weekends, and even tossing in the wii fit a little bit.

I quite smoking, stopped drinking (this was done a while ago actually though).

This week, I stepped on the scale, expecting to go from 300.9 (last week) down to around 297; unfortunately, I was at 300.7. This crushed me, and it showed in the gym this morning. I was moping around, basically skipped my cardio, etc. My back hurt like hell this morning (will go to chyro, barely move in certain positions), but I used that as an excuse, opposed to fighting through it.

For this past week, I kept saying "no excuses". "Your only competition is yourself." "Be better then the day before" And, god damnit, I did, all week.

I did decent on food, probably not as good as I should have, but I wouldn't think that would warrant such a small weight loss.

I did measurements, and many places I lost .5" or 1" from the previous week, which is definitely encouraging; however, I am doing the measurements myself, so I can't really go off that as I could easily be squeezing harder this week then last.

So, maybe it was a good muscle gain week, maybe it just sucked, I dunno.

What do you guys do when you have these weeks? I plan on sulting the rest of the day, but not to the extent of gorging in food. I'll nail the gym tomorrow and kick it's ass again, and continue to do so, but just wondering what you guys do when you feel down from the measurements / weigh ins / not reaching your goals.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you just started working out, it could be a case of losing fat and building some muscle. This does tend to happen for beginners. Do you track calories OP?
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It happens, as long as you are keeping track of calories you know you are on the right track. As you say , you are getting stronger , and probably shrunk in some places.
    Do you weigh in weekly at the same time etc. ? Weight loss can often stall for a while due to water retention etc. if it does not start going down in a week or two then start tweaking calorie intake.

Whenever I have those weeks I just make myself get more pumped to push harder. Whatever you do dont give up , its normal to stall sometimes just keep at it and lower calories if it does not start going down.

dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dzirkelb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    It happens, as long as you are keeping track of calories you know you are on the right track. As you say , you are getting stronger , and probably shrunk in some places.
    Do you weigh in weekly at the same time etc. ? Weight loss can often stall for a while due to water retention etc. if it does not start going down in a week or two then start tweaking calorie intake.

Whenever I have those weeks I just make myself get more pumped to push harder. Whatever you do dont give up , its normal to stall sometimes just keep at it and lower calories if it does not start going down.
    I'm not new to working out. I lifted for 10 years, then took a 3 year break (damn wife and kids), then picked it back up. I gained over 100 lbs in those 3 years not working out, not because I wasn't working out, but because of my food / alcohol.

I started back up around May with a trainer. He had me do all HIT stuff, hardly any lifting, more cardio and full body workouts, get my core strength back, and it worked great. Then, i started lifting, gaining strength very fast (when I started, my bench would be sets of 10 with 135, now it is sets of 10 with 205-225...this is not a huge gain, this is just me getting back to what I was, so don't be alarmed at the 100 lb increase in strength in a few months). I do Labrada's 12 week program now, love it. 2 weeks into it, so maybe my body just needs to adjust to his workout...it is all major muscles, big ones, geared towards burning fat....which in turn builds muscle, so maybe it was just a big muscle gain week, as the "mirror" check shows a lot of promise from last week, but the scale smacked me in the face.

I used to keep track of calories, that's how I lost my first 30 lbs. But, it became so monotanious that I just tried to get 400-500 calories a meal and call it good. Every day was the same food, I didnt' even have to track them, I know from doing all the tracking almost what every food item's calories is.

However, tracking again is what I'm starting, as even though I know what is what, and I roughly know what I am intaking, I obviously am missing something, and it worked before, so back to tracking.

I honestly don't think I can push myself any harder in the gym, every third set to failure, 1 min rest inbetween sets, 30 minutes HIT cardio. Somedays toss in yoga and other cardio (fun Wii fit stuff). I can, however, eat less...but damn, you just cant' get the recommended carb/protein/fat with under 2k calories. For me, it's like 210g protein, 275g carb, 75g fat...thats hard to do with 2k in calories.

I used to weigh in daily, every moring, right after I peed. But, I thought I'd give the weekly weigh ins a try, as that is what a lot of sites recommend. I personally don't like it, and will probably go back to daily. If one day I don't lose any weight, then I'll eat just that much less the next day and push myself that much harder at the gym. On weekly, I have no clue how I'm doing.

Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Underdog11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its called muscle memory. you used to lift, you gained muscle back really quick, thus adding weight. my opinion. start doing bf% to be sure, i picked up a scale that measures bodyfat for 40$