Closed Thread
Page 18 of 267 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cnh57811 View Post
    Double Standard

Is it just me or does anybody else notice that when we see posters say that they are going to embark on a cut where they will lose 3lbs per week and drop nearly 50lbs in 4 months, we tell them that it is too fast and they will lose too much lbm if they do it that way....Run a smaller deficit we say.

But if a poster says that he has already done a cut where they lost 3lbs per week and dropped nearly 50lbs in 4 months, we tell them "Great work!"

I sometimes wonder if it is better to cut hard and fast so you can quickly get back to bulking or if it makes sense for a moderate deficit to be run and to cut for twice the amount of time in hopes that less lbm will be lost.

Just typing out loud here...wot?
    I would rather lose less LBM and cut for a longer amount of time. Muscle is hard for me to come by. I've definitely done the double-standard though. I just like to see people hit their goals
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Double Standard

Is it just me or does anybody else notice that when we see posters say that they are going to embark on a cut where they will lose 3lbs per week and drop nearly 50lbs in 4 months, we tell them that it is too fast and they will lose too much lbm if they do it that way....Run a smaller deficit we say.

But if a poster says that he has already done a cut where they lost 3lbs per week and dropped nearly 50lbs in 4 months, we tell them "Great work!"

I sometimes wonder if it is better to cut hard and fast so you can quickly get back to bulking or if it makes sense for a moderate deficit to be run and to cut for twice the amount of time in hopes that less lbm will be lost.

Unless the person is obese its not ok to lose that much. id bet that a lot of the guys that do this have eating disorders or body dysmorphia or do not care how they look/feel when its all said and done. Also this generation wants everything NOW for little to no work which ties into that because you dont have to do anything, you dont even have to eat, people are lazy and impatient in general.
    If anyone with respectable lifts tried doing that when they were a normal weight, they are pretty much pissing away all of the work they put in unless its was a couple weel PSMF tops.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Double Standard
    For me it's not so much about the potential of losing LBM, it's the saying vs. doing. It's really easy to say you are going to lose 3 lbs a week for 4 weeks or whatever, doing it is a whole different thing. Losing 1-2 lbs per week for most people with a normal routine of school/work/both is hard enough. I think the people with more realistic expectations and more moderate goals in terms of rate of loss are in the end going to be successful.

We see a disproportionate amount of "I lost 50 lbs in four months" posted here, simply because it's impressive, not because it's typical. I'll be the first to congratulate them, I couldn't do it, but I still don't think that it's a wise strategy for most.

Brutal skin thinning igglesphan's Avatar
    igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Double Standard

I prefer to cut hard and fast. IMO, loss of muscle is largely exaggerated on these forums. Even if you lose some muscle on a cut, you'll likely gain it back quickly once you start bulking due to muscle memory.

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    I'd say that overall the loss of LBM thing is blown way out of proportion. Some people tell people that have only been lifting for 6 months to take it slower because they will lose LBM. Come on, they have been lifting for 6 months, how much LBM do they think they have gained? Adequate protein intake + lifting = no need to worry about it in this situation.
    I often wonder about this as well.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Unless the person is obese its not ok to lose that much. id bet that a lot of the guys that do this have eating disorders or body dysmorphia or do not care how they look/feel when its all said and done. Also this generation wants everything NOW for little to no work which ties into that because you dont have to do anything, you dont even have to eat, people are lazy and impatient in general.
    If anyone with respectable lifts tried doing that when they were a normal weight, they are pretty much pissing away all of the work they put in unless its was a couple weel PSMF tops.
    I wouldn't neccessarily call this guy obese, but he did exactly what my op was about and he looks great now. Albeit, it sounds like he is worn out and tired of cutting, so he should probably not continue at the pace he is going.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149528363

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    For me it's not so much about the potential of losing LBM, it's the saying vs. doing. It's really easy to say you are going to lose 3 lbs a week for 4 weeks or whatever, doing it is a whole different thing. Losing 1-2 lbs per week for most people with a normal routine of school/work/both is hard enough. I think the people with more realistic expectations and more moderate goals in terms of rate of loss are in the end going to be successful.

We see a disproportionate amount of "I lost 50 lbs in four months" posted here, simply because it's impressive, not because it's typical. I'll be the first to congratulate them, I couldn't do it, but I still don't think that it's a wise strategy for most.
    Definitely agree with this. If somebody can actually stick it out, than great on them. Most people can't, so that is probably why it is discouraged.

Originally Posted by igglesphan View Post
    I prefer to cut hard and fast. IMO, loss of muscle is largely exaggerated on these forums. Even if you lose some muscle on a cut, you'll likely gain it back quickly once you start bulking due to muscle memory.
    Agreed. If somebody has only 12-15 lbs to cut and they want to do it hard and fast, I think that would be ok (provided that lifts do not suffer too much). It is those folks who have 50+ lbs to lose who will most likely burn out if they cut hard though. They should probably do it slower. Statistically speaking, they have a better chance to succeed because of the length of time required to cut all that fat.

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MaxwellGuns View Post
    What are all of your goals?
    Pushing exercises develop stronger wrists
    If you can't do a push-up position plank for very long, maybe try machine push exercises or a lift bench press (free weight).

Kettle bells are very versatile. You can do traditional exercises or some more complex things that work your whole body. One move that I like to show people is the "kettle bell swing".
    I know this is a few pages late but I passed out early last night.

My short term goal is to lose fat, long term goal is to have functional and explosive strength.

I don't have access to the bench press, and from what I understand machines / bench press isn't very useful for functional strength? Been reading that in several different body weight / strength building books. Mostly looking for exercises that would require the body working in synergy.

Am doing pushups every day throughout the day and holding planks to make wrists stronger. Probably will start with some of the more traditional kettlebell exercises then move to the ones that conditioned the Soviet army. I heard lots of good things about the swing . Will try not to face my TV while doing it lol.
    Last edited by missladyj; 11-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow. My arms are so incredibly sore from my boxing workout yesterday, nothing else is though, except abs cos I worked them really hard on wednesday, then they were sore yesterday and we did ab exercises lol, ouchh. Wonder if they're actually sore from punching (which I sucked at, I could only hit hard when I was targeting a ball, and not a human lol, it's a mental block), or jumping rope? Which is quite heavy for the arms as well.
    Last edited by justanothagirl; 11-09-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Crassiest Modulator Alive memcop's Avatar
    memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    Wow. My arms are so incredibly sore from my boxing workout yesterday, nothing else is though, except abs cos I worked them really hard on wednesday, then they were sore yesterday and we did ab exercises lol, ouchh. Wonder if they're actually sore from punching (which I sucked at, I could only hit hard when I was targeting a ball, and not a human lol, it's a mental block), or jumping rope? Which is quite heavy for the arms as well.
    broken hand twice fighting a suspect crew checking in

Heads is hard.

The mental block is good, wish I had it.
    Homerotic Modulator, Envious of Idiocy

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by memcop View Post

Heads is hard.

Ouch lol, must have hit them hard. Situations like that ask for it though.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Heads is hard.

Should have just pistol whipped 'em. Save your hands, you need them.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is the person really still a suspect if you're fighting them?
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    is the person really still a suspect if you're fighting them?
    Suspect/report-defendant/charged-convict/jail yes

jargon mostly but bad guy is synonymous to each

Either way when they challenge to fight I always oblige, who am I to deny them? Fuk all that wrestling around to put cuffs on.

Either way when they challenge to fight I always oblige, who am I to deny them? Fuk all that wrestling around to put cuffs on.
    As would I!

Not many professions where fighting someone is ok
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

jargon mostly but bad guy is synonymous to each

> Would sh*t self if you and ronnie got out of a car ready to throw down.....

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why was Ronnie allowed to be a cop whilst full of illegal substances?

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

Why was Ronnie allowed to be a cop whilst full of illegal substances?
    I suspect a rx and 5-7 panel testing. srs

I suspect a rx and 5-7 panel testing. srs
    I don't understand any of that lol.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Das ist griechisch für mich

I don't understand any of that lol.
    I think he meant that ronnie had a prescription and the drug testing was minimal in terms of how many substances they were actually looking for. I could be totally wrong though.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    Das ist griechisch für mich
    Das ist deutsch für mich

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Das ist deutsch für mich
    Ach so

Das ist deutsch für mich
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

gotcha

Guys! I have to share some info with you. I've been taking Xtend right. I noticed this stuff is EXCELLENT to maintain fresh breath, 100% better than fresh mints/chewing gum. My breath is incredibly fresh when I drink this stuff and even the next day. I think bacteria don't like this stuff or die from it or something. Anyways, thought I would share. : )

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Sorry to read about your condition. I'm assuming your headaches worsen during training? I can't even imagine... Strong transformation!

Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    lol! gotta love independent movies....
    The movie was Paradise L*ve. A dramedy, mostly tragic. Even the trailer has nudity so I can't post it. It's highly giffable. Lots of u gon get r*ped moments!

No spoilers: I picked up tickets for a secret screening held two nights ago and the movie turned out to be Skyfall! One of the people I was with produces action films so he and his wife started critiquing the film as soon as the credits started rolling, lol. I was sleepy/in a highly suggestible state and by the time we parted I couldn't remember my own gut reactions to the film. I'll have to see it again on my own.

My brother and his wife are also in film. They're pushing hard to wrap up final edits on their first feature film, a low budget independent, so I'm on my own a lot but I have a rental car so I have some freedom. I might be working on a short film while I'm out here... We'll see.

krete77, I'll get back to you over here, maybe.

I'm really slow with responses. Cop drama unfolded in the time it took me to write this.

Edit: Logging off for now. Silly green light stays on long after I'm gone. I assume it's the same for everyone?
    Last edited by caprica6; 11-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.

StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys! I have to share some info with you. I've been taking Xtend right. I noticed this stuff is EXCELLENT to maintain fresh breath, 100% better than fresh mints/chewing gum. My breath is incredibly fresh when I drink this stuff and even the next day. I think bacteria don't like this stuff or die from it or something. Anyways, thought I would share. : )
    Genuinely interested/10

This pre-workout I take on VERY rare occasions (iForce Maximize Intense) makes my mouth taste like **** and it seems that any saliva I produce after taking it is just foul and disguising, not even gum helps.

negged

When I was a dental assistant, learned most stuff that freshens your breath does only that ....even when mouthwash is advertised that it kills most of the bacteria in your mouth, it fails to tell you that your mouth goes back to almost the same amount of bacteria only minutes later.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you say potato, i say client

My short term goal is to lose fat, long term goal is to have functional and explosive strength.

I don't have access to the bench press, and from what I understand machines / bench press isn't very useful for functional strength? Been reading that in several different body weight / strength building books. Mostly looking for exercises that would require the body working in synergy.
    i hope you are deadlifting then!
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

Originally Posted by StitchT View Post
    Genuinely interested/10

This pre-workout I take on VERY rare occasions (iForce Maximize Intense) makes my mouth taste like **** and it seems that any saliva I produce after taking it is just foul and disguising, not even gum helps.
    I've been drinking the lemon-lime one so I can only speak for that one. It's good. I'm also gonna get the pink and blue one most likely they've been getting good reviews.

negged
    Not a fan of Xtend?

When I was a dental assistant, learned most stuff that freshens your breath does only that ....even when mouthwash is advertised that it kills most of the bacteria in your mouth, it fails to tell you that your mouth goes back to almost the same amount of bacteria only minutes later.
    Well I don't know the science behind it, just that my breath has been super fresh since I've been using it.

Closed Thread