Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Motivate me please! Help needed....

Hey all,

Just needing a little motivation, advice and some constructive criticism as I'm a bit of a noob and don't have a training partner to discuss progress or workout programs with.

I decided to start lifting in July (picture attached shows pre-lifting physiqie of early July - apologies for lack of face), and spent most of that month in working out how all the equipment worked in the gym.

I then spent August and September doing a four day split program covering Chest, Back & Biceps, Legs, and Shoulders & Triceps (and starting each day with a compound move). I also wanted to cut some fat so ate 1800 calories per day and lost half a stone and a good chunk of my body fat %. I've attached a pic from August.

My goal in lifting weights was to put on a bit of size, ideally i'd like a swimmer's physique, though not liking swimming, weights is a much better option. Therefore, when October came, I decided to increase my calories to 3000 per day. I eat pretty well during the week, though i do have a couple of cheat days at the weekend which normally involve alcohol. This time of year it is just hard for me to avoid with my friends/colleagues. So my plan was to bulk up until New Year.

I also decided to change my workout program, having heard some people say they wish they strated with an SS type program. So since October I have worked out as follows:

Mon/Wed/Fri:

BB Bench - 5 sets, pyramid
    BB Squat - 5 sets, pyramid
    BB Deadlift - 5 sets, pyramid
    Pull Ups - 3 x 10
    Dips - 3 x 10
    Shrugs/Shoulder Press - 3 x 10

I also normally throw in some of the following: DB Curls, Cable Flys, DB Flys, Calf exercise

somtimes I will workout tues/thurs and do abs/calves, though not as much as I'd like.

I've attached a picture from end of October.

So...what I am wondering is, in line with my goals, do you guys think the change in plan is good, and if so shoiuld I stick with it just till NY or keep it running longer? Basically I've no idea how long to go with this full body work out prog and when to change to splits.

I've seen the best gains in my strength in the last month, I don't know my 1 Rep Max, but my 4 Rep Max has changed as follows:

July -

Bench - 132lbs
    Squat - 132lbs
    Deadlift - 132lbs

Nov -

Bench - 220lbs
    Squat - 264lbs
    Deadlift - 286lbs

Appreciate any comments/thoughts on my progress and where to go with my workout programs. Appreciate that I'll need to cut out my double cheat days come New Year.
    Attached Images

cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Progress is excellent man, especially on your lifts so what your doing is working. Swimmers aren't that big, just lean, maybe bulk a little bit longer and then cut get bf under 10% and you'll achieve what you think you want
    creatine more than once

* no iPhone crew *

* meditation crew *

"You merely adopted the feels, i was born in them, moulded by them"

I'm gonna make it brah

Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey cmAcbrah thanks for your reply. Nice to hear something positive. I love working out but find it hard sometimes without a training partner to bounce ideas about. What is your routine?

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great work. Wish I could see the progress as clearly as yours. Only suggestion is if you want to do SS then do it as prescribed or try forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063 or do what you are doing if it works. Judging from your initial post I'd suggest the link. Its similar to SS with some isolation. In any case great job. Also stop BSing you got a whole site of training partners same as me.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.

Originally Posted by simoxeh View Post
    Great work. Wish I could see the progress as clearly as yours. Only suggestion is if you want to do SS then do it as prescribed or try forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063 or do what you are doing if it works. Judging from your initial post I'd suggest the link. Its similar to SS with some isolation. In any case great job. Also stop BSing you got a whole site of training partners same as me.
    Hey thanks for the tips simoxeh, I'll check out the link. Your transformation is looking good to me, particularly your arms and shoulders! Do you follow SS? How's your diet?

Yeah that's true, this forum is my inspiration and it's nice to get some motivational feedback from you guys!

cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmAcbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Murdomac101 View Post
    Hey cmAcbrah thanks for your reply. Nice to hear something positive. I love working out but find it hard sometimes without a training partner to bounce ideas about. What is your routine?
    Yeh man I train both with a without a partner, think a partner really helps when you're doing chest but otherwise get a good playlist on your iPod and get intense by yourself, I use it as my time to think and it's quite zen like. I have a 5 day split currently. 1. chest + tris and abs, 2. lats + rear and medial delt and traps, 3. quads + calves and glutes, 4. front delt + biceps and traps, 5. Inner back + hamstrings and abs. I start all exercises with 3-4 heavy working sets of around 8 reps then i usually hit a set with a lighter weight for around 15 however some things like lat pull down i do my max for 3 sets of 8 the with under hand grip pretty heavy weight for good sets of 12-15.
    creatine more than once

* no iPhone crew *

* meditation crew *

"You merely adopted the feels, i was born in them, moulded by them"

I'm gonna make it brah

Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Michaelmmm is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Pretty good progress. Keep up the work man.

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Murdomac101 View Post
    Hey thanks for the tips simoxeh, I'll check out the link. Your transformation is looking good to me, particularly your arms and shoulders! Do you follow SS? How's your diet?

Yeah that's true, this forum is my inspiration and it's nice to get some motivational feedback from you guys!
    I used a lot of things but now I'm doing the link I sent you, and I like it better then anything I've done so far. My most visible results are my legs and shoulders, but I am moving up in my lifts. Diet is getting better for me I'm eating to bulk and so far I'm gaining weight so I'm happy. If you want I can share but note that I'm diabetic so my diet is very strict when it comes to carbs. Honestly just count the calories correctly and find a good workout plan and give it at least three months before you judge if its working.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.