Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'9", 155 lbs
    oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit oohhhyeah's BodySpace

how do pre workouts work? (2.3k reps)

i looked at the ingredient list for different pre workouts....no xpode, jack3d, white flood, they all seem to have vastly different ingredients. 1, 3 dime is banned, so what is the main ingredient that makes pre workouts work?

also, i've taken no xplode once, and i got a sick pump and crazy focus, and didn't tire as much. how do preworkouts give u a bigger pump and does that matter? if u get bigger pumps does that mean more growth....but since it is due to ingesting a preworkout does it really matter that u get bigger pumps? or is the bigger pump just from working the muscle harder because you have that extra focus?
    +***~~~___MISC Anti-Phaggotry Crew___~~~***+

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 5'10", 165 lbs
    DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DisregardLegs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DisregardLegs's BodySpace
    placebo effect from heavy marketing and bros saying the product actually works etc. fancy names.

caffeine.

oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) oohhhyeah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by DisregardLegs View Post
    placebo effect from heavy marketing and bros saying the product actually works etc. fancy names.

caffeine.
    the ingredient list is long, and i've taken ec stack and the effects are differen't than caffeine pills

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

help

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 6'0", 186 lbs
    gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gunplay187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit gunplay187's BodySpace
    I'd say the main ingredient that makes them work is the caffeine, since I get a similiar buzz from simple caffeine pills. not sure about the pump, but it does give you a lot more focus and i also find that i sweat a lot more when working out on a pre.

after about an hour into the workout though most of the effects fade away (for me atleast)

also i would recommend not to take them before every single workout, since you build up a tolerance up to the point where youre gonna have problems falling asleep.

me personally, i train at around 7-8 pm and after taking jack3d for a while (up to 3 scoops instead of 1 at one point) and had trouble sleeping.

so please stay safe op

Originally Posted by gunplay187 View Post
    I'd say the main ingredient that makes them work is the caffeine, since I get a similiar buzz from simple caffeine pills. not sure about the pump, but it does give you a lot more focus and i also find that i sweat a lot more when working out on a pre.

after about an hour into the workout though most of the effects fade away (for me atleast)

also i would recommend not to take them before every single workout, since you build up a tolerance up to the point where youre gonna have problems falling asleep.

me personally, i train at around 7-8 pm and after taking jack3d for a while (up to 3 scoops instead of 1 at one point) and had trouble sleeping.

so please stay safe op
    yea im really wondering about the pump aspect of it....anyone know?

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 6'0", 173 lbs
    RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RuskiyeMishtsi has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit RuskiyeMishtsi's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by oohhhyeah View Post
    yea im really wondering about the pump aspect of it....anyone know?
    minute amounts of creatine, as well as Arginine AKG in some pres. engineer brah checking in

edit:

pulled from a site:

Arginine AKG is released into the bloodstream and helps support blood and oxygen flow to the muscles, dramatically increasing the production of Nitric Oxide. This increase in Nitric Oxide may lead to the following benefits:

Extended and enhanced “muscle pump” after training*
    Improved endurance and recovery time*
    Improved workout capacity*
    Growth of lean muscle*
    Improved circulation*
    Increased sexual vigor*

green me.

Stats: 6'2", 220 lbs
    BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BashaMIV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BashaMIV's BodySpace
    Pump comes from Arginine.

Originally Posted by RuskiyeMishtsi View Post
    minute amounts of creatine, as well as Arginine AKG in some pres. engineer brah checking in

edit:

pulled from a site:

Arginine AKG is released into the bloodstream and helps support blood and oxygen flow to the muscles, dramatically increasing the production of Nitric Oxide. This increase in Nitric Oxide may lead to the following benefits:

Growth of lean muscle*
    Improved circulation*
    Increased sexual vigor*

green me.
    greened. is this why preworkouts are called nitric oxide supplements?

so....does the increased blood and oxygen flow to the muscles due to arginine actually help anything? so pre workouts actually have a purpose other than just concentration??

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 6'0", 187 lbs
    afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit afranczyk's BodySpace
    greened. is this why preworkouts are called nitric oxide supplements?

so....does the increased blood and oxygen flow to the muscles due to arginine actually help anything? so pre workouts actually have a purpose other than just concentration??
    Actually most pre-workouts have made the switch to L-Citrulline for the nitric oxide cycle, as it is suggested to be a better intermediate then Arginine.

Pre-workouts are just something fun to take before a workout, sometimes you get good "pumps", increased energy and focus. Perhaps mainly do too the caffeine content, or other stimulants (yohimbe, 1-3 dimeth etc.) or a class of supplements known as nootropics.

I can only offer my testimony, and from what I notice in others, and likely what is a popular on the misc; and that is, pre-workouts are not necessary, and for the most part do nothing for gains.
    Causation does not imply correlation.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation [and] is but a reflection of human frailty." Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by afranczyk View Post
    Actually most pre-workouts have made the switch to L-Citrulline for the nitric oxide cycle, as it is suggested to be a better intermediate then Arginine.

Pre-workouts are just something fun to take before a workout, sometimes you get good "pumps", increased energy and focus. Perhaps mainly do too the caffeine content, or other stimulants (yohimbe, 1-3 dimeth etc.) or a class of supplements known as nootropics.

I can only offer my testimony, and from what I notice in others, and likely what is a popular on the misc; and that is, pre-workouts are not necessary, and for the most part do nothing for gains.
    repped.

i still want to know if the increased pumps due to L-citrulline or other things actually mean more muscle growth or if it matters. anyone know?

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 6'0", 187 lbs
    afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) afranczyk has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit afranczyk's BodySpace
    repped.

i still want to know if the increased pumps due to L-citrulline or other things actually mean more muscle growth or if it matters. anyone know?
    Pay particular attention to Alan Aragon's replies.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9393733&page=1

Without checking an article data-base I cannot confirm for you if there have been any studies since 2011. However, Alan is a particularly respected individual when it comes to nutrition, supplementation, exercise etc. as he tends to examine and review scientific data, and not so much testimony. He mentions in the above thread that there was a single scientific article that was done with an increase in strength. Whether strength always directly correlates to mass gains, I'm not certain, but a single study doesn't really give you much to critic.

Pre-workouts are not a concrete science, they really are, as I said, something fun, and not necessary. If you don't take one, your gains at the end of the year LIKELY won't be significant. However, that is just my bro-science. I've been meaning to catch up on supplement literature. If you really are interested, just look up reviews by Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald. You may also contrast on Leangains or Layne Norton. A Google search of any of these names/terms will get you the source I suggest.

Personally I like L-Citrulline. I currently take white flood and xtends. May still be placebo though.
    Causation does not imply correlation.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation [and] is but a reflection of human frailty." Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by afranczyk View Post
    Pay particular attention to Alan Aragon's replies.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9393733&page=1

Without checking an article data-base I cannot confirm for you if there have been any studies since 2011. However, Alan is a particularly respected individual when it comes to nutrition, supplementation, exercise etc. as he tends to examine and review scientific data, and not so much testimony. He mentions in the above thread that there was a single scientific article that was done with an increase in strength. Whether strength always directly correlates to mass gains, I'm not certain, but a single study doesn't really give you much to critic.

Pre-workouts are not a concrete science, they really are, as I said, something fun, and not necessary. If you don't take one, your gains at the end of the year LIKELY won't be significant. However, that is just my bro-science. I've been meaning to catch up on supplement literature. If you really are interested, just look up reviews by Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald. You may also contrast on Leangains or Layne Norton. A Google search of any of these names/terms will get you the source I suggest.

Personally I like L-Citrulline. I currently take white flood and xtends. May still be placebo though.
    true.....but i would assume increased blood and oxygen to the muscle would mean the ability to shred the muscle better.

•••MeanGirls€rew•••

Stats: 5'11", 179 lbs
    Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kratistos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Kratistos's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by RuskiyeMishtsi View Post

edit:

pulled from a site:

Growth of lean muscle*
    Improved circulation*
    Increased sexual vigor*

green me.
    yeah too bad orally ingested L-arginine does not effect blood nitric oxide levels. 99% of the arginine you ingest does not make it past your stomach acids. youd have to dose it so hgih you would get sick every time to get the effects. What works in preworkouts is large amounts of caffeine, creatine, beta alanine, and maybe a few other ingredients.
    Chris "Protein" Leach - ISSA Trainer, Men's Physique Competitor, Naturally Fit Model

1st Place and overall winner - 2012 NPC Lackland Classic
    2nd Place - 2013 NPC Phantom Warrior Classic
    2nd Place - 2013 NPC Central Texas Showdown
    2nd Place and Nationally Qualifed - 2013 Adela Garcia Classic
    4th place - 2012 NPC Texas State Naturals

315x3 bench, 500x1 squat, 600x1 deadlift

Customized nutrition and exercise plans available at: www.ChrisProtein.com

Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MtOlympusBrah has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit MtOlympusBrah's BodySpace
    i reccommend celltech if youre serious aboot lifting
    ***Misc Firearms Crew***
    *Misc Aesthetics Crew 1992*

Forever Mirin

Stats: 5'9", 134 lbs
    skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) skamps has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit skamps's BodySpace
    arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide (NO) hence the name NO explode. Arginine also acts as a vaso dilator, meaning all of the nutrients/ingredients you see on the label are delivered more effectively into your blood stream and thus giving you a pump. The differentation between most pre workouts lies mainly in the amounts of caffeine in each product (ex. Razor 8 is equivalent to about 4-6 cups of coffee whereas C4 is equivalent to one, making it a better pick for someone who is caffeine/stimulant sensitive). There are also some other differentiating factors such as added creatine, green tea extract, beta alanine, antixodiants, BCAA's. alpha lipoic acid etc etc.... There really is no 'best' pre-workout, it's just a matter of personal preference and legitimacy of the product (are the manufacturer's actually putting in the amounts they say they are putting on their packaging). Pre-workouts for the most part can indirectly help increase lean muscle by giving you more energy to train longer on a day you typically would be too tired to train, or by helping you to train more effectivelyby getting in those few more reps at the end of your set to reach hypertrophy. Pre-workouts are generally just glorified and powderized versions of energy drinks. Hope this helps.

Supp store associate checking in.
    Last edited by skamps; 11-08-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    *Only dates model's crew*

╔═══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚═══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝