Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Water Cutting - 3 days out

I'm currently taking Xpel as a diuretic to help eliminate extra water under my skin. Is there anything else I can be doing to bring out my definition? Like a glass of dry wine for dinner as an example.
    "I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am" - Superman

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you can watch this Video, it's part of a series which really helped me understand bodybuilding. This particular episode deals with water cutting.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife6.htm
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    If you can watch this Video, it's part of a series which really helped me understand bodybuilding. This particular episode deals with water cutting.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife6.htm
    Always keeps things in check to look back on those videos from time to time.
    No Excuses

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    water is not your problem dude and at your %bf it wont do any good.. please don't take offense to this, but you are just no where near lean enough

DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidKH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the ending of that video is awesome, "Im not the typical meat head" LOL

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by yzrider400f View Post
    water is not your problem dude and at your %bf it wont do any good.. please don't take offense to this, but you are just no where near lean enough
    AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!! X 2
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!! X 2
    x3

if the pic in your avi was taken yesterday, your at least 1 month behind schedule. You have good mass, but if I were you, I would try to find another show you can do in about 1 month or so. Just a friendly word of advice
    - Failure is not an option
    - We are all a product of the choices we make
    - I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    ..... Michael Jordan

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    PLEASE don't tell me that the pics of you in red panties are recent...

You look to be around 13%+ bodyfat... maybe slightly more. I pointed your picture out to my GF and told her you had a show in 3 days... she lol'd... You might want to think about competing in a later show.
    Last edited by debrovnik; 06-12-2008 at 03:06 AM.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    PLEASE don't tell me that the pics of you in red panties are recent...

You look to be around 13%+ bodyfat... maybe slightly more. I pointed your picture out to my GF and told her you had a show in 3 days... she lol'd... You might want to think about competing in a later show.
    You just had to bring your GF into it? lol. Not to be discouraging OP, we are trying to help. And it seems the best advice we can give is to do a later show so you can be at your very best come competition time. If your heart is set on this show than its your choice but a later show would give you time to really get into contest shape. Post again if you decide on a new show and if you need any diet advice.
    No Excuses

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Snowy91 View Post
    You just had to bring your GF into it? lol. Not to be discouraging OP, we are trying to help. And it seems the best advice we can give is to do a later show so you can be at your very best come competition time. If your heart is set on this show than its your choice but a later show would give you time to really get into contest shape. Post again if you decide on a new show and if you need any diet advice.
    She just happened to be sitting next to me - what I was trying to highlight was that even a complete noob (my GF) could tell the OP isn't ready for a show. I know I'm not the most tactful person...

This forum is AWESOME for advice, so many knowlegable ppl, the OP should definately pop in for some advice!
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigsby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

I appreciate the constructive criticism, really. This is my first competition, I am only competing as a novice in a small show. The only reason I decided to even do this was because I wanted to really transform my body while still in college and so I decided I would make it a goal to enter this competition and compete in it no matter how smooth I am. I knew this would whip my rear into shape and so I have managed to go from 230lbs to 182 lbs, 17% bf to 7.5%, although according to some I'm still 13% bf which is sad (thank God you're not a judge LOL!). So what I'm trying to say is, I know I'm still too fat to compete, it's obvious. I really just needed some tips on how to get the most out of the next two days because I'm going out there whether I'm ready or not.
    "I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am" - Superman

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bigsby View Post
    I appreciate the constructive criticism, really. This is my first competition, I am only competing as a novice in a small show. The only reason I decided to even do this was because I wanted to really transform my body while still in college and so I decided I would make it a goal to enter this competition and compete in it no matter how smooth I am. I knew this would whip my rear into shape and so I have managed to go from 230lbs to 182 lbs, 17% bf to 7.5%, although according to some I'm still 13% bf which is sad (thank God you're not a judge LOL!). So what I'm trying to say is, I know I'm still too fat to compete, it's obvious. I really just needed some tips on how to get the most out of the next two days because I'm going out there whether I'm ready or not.
    these water/sodium/carb manipulation techniques are only effective if you are lean enough for them to be, and you aren't. with that being said, go on stage and try to have fun out there, you should gain some valuable experience.

I had a similar experience with my contest. Just ask EVERYONE questions, including judges, absorb as much as you can from the experience. Get video or pictures taken so you can see how you posed compared to the others and etc so next time you have all the angles covered.
    No Excuses

ok thanks a million guys i'll let you know how it goes. (Heck the worst I can do as far as placing goes is 2nd )

ok thanks a million guys i'll let you know how it goes. (Heck the worst I can do as far as placing goes is 2nd )
    Congrats on a second place finish lol.
    No Excuses

bc there's only me and another dude competing in Mens Novice haha

bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bopps822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Better hope there are no late entries. lol

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey man, these guys are right; but you've made a lot of progress too. You've lopped off a big chunk of the hard work so you should be proud. Give 'em hell.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xVERITAS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ouch
    CLEAN_SET_OF_10

Registered User JamesRendleDyer's Avatar
    JamesRendleDyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if he was then...

Originally Posted by Snowy91 View Post
    wtf? y insinuate you'll help if he posts again at a later date. y not just say what has worked for you here, now, for his show in the future when he's lean?

do you consume 2 glasses of water 6 days out for three days; followed by 3 days of little to none? or do you drink the normal 3 gallons until the night b4 the show or weigh in & none on the day? or what?