Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up DS Craze - Berry Lemonade

As many people who lurk in the wings of the bodybuilding.com forums, I had been drawn to Driven Sports Craze by the sheer number of reviews and credits it’s been given. I ordered it admittedly via Amazon simply as I had difficulty changing sites on here to the UK one for ordering.
    There are probably hundreds of Craze reviews, so hopefully one more won’t hurt!
    Onto the review and how I found Craze:

Day 1:
    Chest and Triceps,
    (Incline DB Bench, Flat DB Bench, Incline Flies, DB Pullover, Cable Pushdown, BW Dips)

Took Craze at about 4:30pm whilst having two bananas, got to the gym at 4:50pm,

Didn’t really hit me, didn’t feel the focus, energy, mind connection, ‘euphoria’ that people talked so highly of. I didn’t even reach my 10th rep of most of the exercises! I was at the same weight as last week’s workout and felt such a struggle on incline which I don’t usually get.
    After my workout I felt a bit down and annoyed that I had fallen for what I thought was yet another over-hyped, useless product. That evening I felt so tired, couldn’t focus on video games, fell asleep watching the TV and this was at 9pm!
    I noticed however that before I dozed off, having looked at the label correctly, that I was to take Craze on an empty stomach, 40mins before a workout. I didn’t do either of these so I decided to ignore today’s outcome before posting a negative review when really, it was me who did it wrong.

Day 2

Back and Biceps,
    (DB Rows, Weighted Pull Ups, EZ Bar Curl, T-Bar Row, Barbell Good Mornings and finish off with 3 sets of 21’s with an EZ bar).

So today I took Craze (2 scoops) at 4:15pm, 45mins before my workout, last thing I ate was at 2pm (almonds) so I had an empty stomach.

Review and Results of my workout, this time, taking it as directed:

Taste: 7/10
    Just not sure on it, don’t get me wrong, I don’t buy them for the taste but this wasn’t to my liking, but this by no means doesn’t mean it won’t be to yours.

Mixability: 10/10
    Not a problem at all, two scoops, scoop provided, pour cold water in, shake/stir, down the hatch down, no grainy bits at all.

Effectiveness: 9/10
    I think I (along with some others) mistake this product for what it is. I genuinely thought I would feel a sudden surge or rush of energy and begin to train like a beast whilst having magical vascularity, this may be due to some of the 10/10 reviews on Amazon etc. I didn’t get this rush, what I did get, was increased confidence, I started talking to the big guys about form on T-Bar rows, I got into a weighted pull up contest (which I never thought I could do), and performed each rep of my entire workout with perfect form, I noticed I was sweating lots, whilst doing good mornings, drips of sweat ran of my head onto the floor in front of me, all I could think about was moving that weight, finalizing that set, watching as my arms filled with blood and the pump I was getting.
    After the workout I had to wait for 5minutes before taking my shirt off as my biceps wouldn’t allow me to reach my shoulders I trained that intensely!
    Later on that night, I felt absolutely drained though, not in a bad way, but relaxed and content, that I was very happy with my workout, I kept feeling my biceps oddly enough. I think I may have been so tired because I trained with such focus and intensity that I hadn’t noticed before. Had my dinner and then a casein shake before bed and that was me done for the night!

Overall: 9/10
    I think people need to understand that this is a different type of pre workout, it won’t give you huge buzzes and rushes of energy, this is a mind-muscle focus enhancer, you notice every detail in your workout, you start to watch yourself in the mirrors, correcting yourself on form, thinking I can do this, I will do this, I did it.
    When taken correctly, with enough fluids and time for it to kick in, this is a different yet effective pre workout supp.
    Anyway, these are my views based on my experience, I really like Craze, and thanks for reading!
    "The difference between impossible and possible, is the strength of ones determination"

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little"

SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't feel it the first time I used it either, but I realized I wasn't get as tired as before.
    Right now I take a heaping scoop only on my chest, shoulders, and triceps days since those are the areas that need to catch up. All I want to do is lift lift lift when I take this...I go fking nuts, screaming and sh*t to get those last couple reps. I love it and the only reason I don't take it on my back, or legs, or cardio days is because I don't want my body to get used to it.
    Try taking a little bit more next time, and u should only be thinking about lifting the damn weight while ur at the gym, then you'll see great results like the rest of us.

Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
    I didn't feel it the first time I used it either, but I realized I wasn't get as tired as before.
    Right now I take a heaping scoop only on my chest, shoulders, and triceps days since those are the areas that need to catch up. All I want to do is lift lift lift when I take this...I go fking nuts, screaming and sh*t to get those last couple reps. I love it and the only reason I don't take it on my back, or legs, or cardio days is because I don't want my body to get used to it.
    Try taking a little bit more next time, and u should only be thinking about lifting the damn weight while ur at the gym, then you'll see great results like the rest of us.
    Hey man thanks for your comment, on my second day of Craze I took 2 scoops, they were level scoops so would 2 heaped be something try? What you described (how you feel when taking it) is admittedly what I want, I've read so many reviews how others have had the workouts of their lifes etc when on Craze.
    I had thought about perhaps taking Craze 45mins pre workout and either a black coffee or espresso say 20mins before but as Craze states do not mix with caffeine etc (and I'm a newbie to pre workouts) I havent felt brave enough to yet!
    "The difference between impossible and possible, is the strength of ones determination"

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little"

SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamSS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Steve2402 View Post
    Hey man thanks for your comment, on my second day of Craze I took 2 scoops, they were level scoops so would 2 heaped be something try? What you described (how you feel when taking it) is admittedly what I want, I've read so many reviews how others have had the workouts of their lifes etc when on Craze.
    I had thought about perhaps taking Craze 45mins pre workout and either a black coffee or espresso say 20mins before but as Craze states do not mix with caffeine etc (and I'm a newbie to pre workouts) I havent felt brave enough to yet!
    u don't need to take a sh*tload of it, I weigh 193 lbs and one heaping scoop does the job for me. Mix it with water and drink it all at once, don't sip on it. then right before the gym, watch this video and you'll be lifting weights like a psycho! if u haven't realized by now, I'm excited for tomorrow morning's chest workout haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kMZWW1T3kk

u don't need to take a sh*tload of it, I weigh 193 lbs and one heaping scoop does the job for me. Mix it with water and drink it all at once, don't sip on it. then right before the gym, watch this video and you'll be lifting weights like a psycho! if u haven't realized by now, I'm excited for tomorrow morning's chest workout haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kMZWW1T3kk
    haha, I'll make sure I drink it in one go as you said, unable to watch the video at the moment as I'm at work but I'll watch it on my phone whilst on the way to the gym!
    Thanks for your help buddy :-)

Originally Posted by Steve2402 View Post
    haha, I'll make sure I drink it in one go as you said, unable to watch the video at the moment as I'm at work but I'll watch it on my phone whilst on the way to the gym!
    Thanks for your help buddy :-)
    Take it about 15-20 mins before u lift, so like on the way to.the gym

haha no problem, destroy the weights...let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by SamSS; 11-07-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Take it about 15-20 mins before u lift, so like on the way to.the gym

haha no problem, destroy the weights...let me know how it goes.
    Took Craze as you suggested, went for 2 scoops again, about 15mins before i hit the gym, gulped it down. Again didnt notice anything straight away, but carried on working out. Was shoulder day (Typical routine of: Clean & press, lateral raise, upright row, push press, cable front raise), completed all sets, upped the weight by 5kg on all the lifts from last week, then went onto do 3x8 on behind the back Barbell shrugs, reverse incline bench flies, by this point it had been about an hour and 15minutes, my workout buddy was saying he's finished, couldnt do anymore, but I was still wanting more, I set about 3 sets of standing EZ bar curls and finished off on wide grip pull ups to failure and was buzzing.
    I see how people mean they feel a clean energy/endurance, it sort of crept up on me, i got a great pump at the end of the workout, and just felt happy all evening!

Appreciate your help with this mate.

PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVincent21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good review man, been looking at this pre workout for a while now. Reading reviews like this makes me want it that much more haha

Smile

Originally Posted by PVincent21 View Post
    Good review man, been looking at this pre workout for a while now. Reading reviews like this makes me want it that much more haha
    Thanks man, I was the same, I was looking at NO-Xplode, C4, Jack3d, but then Jack3d got banned in the UK. I then came across Craze, so many positive reviews on it I had to get it. I think the thing i was expecting from it was a wave of energy accompanied by tingles and all of that (some describe the feeling as crack addict adrenaline), which I didnt get with Craze.
    What I did get was endurance, energy, focus and a very good pump all of which was nearly going un-noticed, until i was on the reverse flies and noticed the veins in my arms showing up well. At that point i realised i'd been training for an hour and a half, dripping with sweat, my grey vest was like a soggy tea-towel, hitting my shoulders harder than ever, the focus obviously kept me on the weights rather than worrying if im doing well etc.

Well worth a buy! and another thanks to SamSS for the pointers.

ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThreeNipples is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Interesting review

I took it for the first time on Wednesday, 1 scoop didn't feel too much at all, felt quite pissed off and aggressive after.

Come friday, woke up at 9:30am, ate at 10am (Oats + coffee) and took 2 scoops of Craze At 10:40, and my workout began at 11:00.

As soon as I got to the gym I thought I felt a little bit more focused, started my workout and added 1.25kgs to each of my bicep and triceps exercises and felt no effect of Craze. Halfway through my workout felt like vomiting, but decided to push through the sets, but I physically couldn't and felt like I'd vomit if I touched another weight. Left the gym, felt like chit, almost fainted. Physically had the worst day this year, didn't feel like talking to anyone, everyone was just pissing me off.

Will try my legwork out by using craze on an empty stomach.

Yeah at first I didn't feel what I was expecting. Try not to eat 2 hours before a workout, take craze maybe 2scoops with recommended amount of water, 20mins before hand, and when your on your way to the gym just focus, think about the workout and what you want to aim for today, get some pump music going, and you should notice after your first few sets craze kicking in. Good luck!

Also if I'm right, oats are a slow digesting carb so may need longer than 20mins before a workout, perhaps oats at 10, craze at 11:40 and workout at 12?

bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bearstearns3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree. i dont see how some people think berry lemonade taste good. to me it tasted like really undertoned falvouring of bitter lemons with chemicals. if DS could just make the flavour more sweet/sour i think it'd be better

Originally Posted by bearstearns3 View Post
    i agree. i dont see how some people think berry lemonade taste good. to me it tasted like really undertoned falvouring of bitter lemons with chemicals. if DS could just make the flavour more sweet/sour i think it'd be better
    Yep that's how I found it, still, it's working for me so more than happy to take it!

Just wanted to provide a quick update. I’ve been using Craze pre workout for nearly 2 weeks now. Why am I updating? Simply due to many people buying a supplement, taking it for the first day and giving a review, then never hearing from them again, so you don’t get to know information such as tolerance levels, effectiveness, etc etc.

Over the past 2 weeks:

Dosage Range: I had been taking two scoops, however have now settled back to just the one scoop (last 3 days). Will explain why below.

Taste: Still the same, drinkable, but unfortunately not to my liking. 7/10

Time to ‘kick in’: For me, around 30 minutes, or after my first set.

Tolerance: Still getting good results from Craze even after taking it for 2 weeks, I’ve settled at 1 scoop now and I still get a great workout every time, before craze I guess I didn’t push myself to my limits, not on purpose, but I stopped when I got tired, now with Craze, when I get tired, I say to myself in my head “when it comes to summer 2013, will ‘because I was tired’ be a good excuse for not getting that body you want?” (gay and stupid I know but it works!)

Effectiveness: As above, still going strong! Really find myself focusing on each rep, noticing how I contract and squeeze my back on each rowing repetition, how I keep myself straight on every curl, my legs not swaying on every pull up, you just seem to perfect each rep with precise movement. I’ve made very good gains thanks to craze (don’t get me wrong, I have turned into Arnie in 2 weeks!, but I have felt stronger, with better definition, and people are starting to notice)

However…

Now, don’t get me wrong, everyone reacts differently, and just because I experienced this, doesn’t mean others will. I put it down to taking 2 scoops at 4:30pm. I had great workouts, and was pumped for the next 2 hours, All evening I felt like nothing could touch me, no matter what the problem is or was, it wasn’t worth over reacting about, I felt chilled out, calm and happy. But when it came to bed time…BAM I couldn’t sleep., Bed at 10, 10:30pm, by 2am I was still awake, I’d gone for a pee at least 5 times each night, though it may be due to the amount of water I was taking in over the workout. If I did get to sleep, I was awake again at 4am. The dog loved it, it meant early morning runs or walks for him, but after a few days, the sleep was catching up with me and when I wasn’t taking it, i.e. weekends, I became very irate and irritable (according to the gf!)
    Now I’m back on 1 scoop, I still have very good workouts and I rate Craze very highly, and so far haven’t had any sleep issues.

Bottom line, I’d say it’s important to check the tolerance level and don’t be like me and think ‘pffft, please, I drink red bulls and coffee, I’ll be fine!” Start with half a scoop and work your way up until you reach your point. If you think it’s not working, it’s really worth shaking the tub thoroughly before taking, and ensuring you take with enough water and on an empty stomach.

2 weeks in and craze is still doing it for me!