Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 136 lbs
    Posts: 545
    Rep Power: 1350
    girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit girlsagymaholic's BodySpace
    girlsagymaholic is offline

    Alberta/Canada Comp's ABBA vs IFBB vs INBF vs?

    I'm looking to enter my first competition this late coming spring or early summer.
    Right now I'm working my hardest to build muscle for a Figure body, BUT will be happy with Bikini.

    ABBA has a competition in June, INBF has one in may, and I have yet to find an IFBB schedule for 2013 [anyone know where that might be?]

    Wondering if any fellow girls/guys compete in any of those three and which you prefer and why?

    Personally right now I'm leaning towards ABBA because it seems friendly, and from what I've seen the girls in both Bikini and Figure are my style/preference and seem to be something I could easily compete with for Tier 1/Beginner level.
    INBF doesn't have a category that suits my prefences from what I can see on their website and IFBB seems a li'l out of my league for a first competition?
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    training to grow ironpump22's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Age: 24
    Stats: 6'3", 216 lbs
    Posts: 3,962
    Rep Power: 6545
    ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ironpump22's BodySpace
    ironpump22 is offline
    Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post
    I'm looking to enter my first competition this late coming spring or early summer.
    Right now I'm working my hardest to build muscle for a Figure body, BUT will be happy with Bikini.

    ABBA has a competition in June, INBF has one in may, and I have yet to find an IFBB schedule for 2013 [anyone know where that might be?]

    Wondering if any fellow girls/guys compete in any of those three and which you prefer and why?

    Personally right now I'm leaning towards ABBA because it seems friendly, and from what I've seen the girls in both Bikini and Figure are my style/preference and seem to be something I could easily compete with for Tier 1/Beginner level.
    INBF doesn't have a category that suits my prefences from what I can see on their website and IFBB seems a li'l out of my league for a first competition?
    It totally depends, I personally did INBF for my first competition as I wanted to do everything naturally and wanted to see if I was being realistic in my goals with my physique instead of stepping on stage and competing against people who are not-tested in the ABBA competition.

    However, the show is relatively small, not as well advertised, and doesn't run quite as smoothly as ABBA does (less years in existence and relatively new). I heard from my trainer that it can be very daunting to do ABBA or IFBB right off the bat as it can be really tough to be motivated in that kind of environment, and it is much more competitive.

    Perhaps you could also look into IDFA as they do shows in Alberta a couple times a year and maybe even FAME Canada (not sure if they are having any).
    I will be doing the INBF show again this upcoming May and then I'm going to try and do ABBA a few weeks later just for kicks (probably get killed but meehhh).

    I can't speak for women's classes obviously but I competed in both Men's Bodybuilding and Fitness categories.

    Hope that answers some of your questions, nice to see a fellow Albertan in here!!
    Instagram for progress, contest prep, foodies, etc.
    @KvFitn3ss

    **Natural Bodybuilder and Pro Volleyball player**
    Driven by passion, motivated by success

    **Youtube Channel--Check it Out!!**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIronpump22

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    sworn ally to the religion of iron
    dedication is my heart and sweat is my blood
    doubt your doubts
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 136 lbs
    Posts: 545
    Rep Power: 1350
    girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit girlsagymaholic's BodySpace
    girlsagymaholic is offline
    Originally Posted by ironpump22 View Post
    It totally depends, I personally did INBF for my first competition as I wanted to do everything naturally and wanted to see if I was being realistic in my goals with my physique instead of stepping on stage and competing against people who are not-tested in the ABBA competition.

    However, the show is relatively small, not as well advertised, and doesn't run quite as smoothly as ABBA does (less years in existence and relatively new). I heard from my trainer that it can be very daunting to do ABBA or IFBB right off the bat as it can be really tough to be motivated in that kind of environment, and it is much more competitive.

    Perhaps you could also look into IDFA as they do shows in Alberta a couple times a year and maybe even FAME Canada (not sure if they are having any).
    I will be doing the INBF show again this upcoming May and then I'm going to try and do ABBA a few weeks later just for kicks (probably get killed but meehhh).

    I can't speak for women's classes obviously but I competed in both Men's Bodybuilding and Fitness categories.

    Hope that answers some of your questions, nice to see a fellow Albertan in here!!
    That's what I figured about the INBF... really small, but probably easier environment to have your first comp. in. I have two friends that both placed in the top 15 for figure with ABBA-Muscle Beach after a year of training. So that's encouraging, but then I have a friend who placed 4th in the INBF for her first it kinda temps me to jump in there lol... but when I see those girls they just don't seem as built as the ABBA girls [not as much muscle, more so just fit skinny and pretty]. So all three of my girl friends have very encouraging results which makes it hard to determine what to do!

    I'll check out the others you mentioned, FAME and IDFA You look good btw, props on being a natural competitor. I know even girls in ABBA are on HGH for Figure so it makes it hard to compete with them since I'm all natural in what progress I have be able to make, and do not plan on ever taking anything.

    Alberta ftw. Thanks for your in put!
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    training to grow ironpump22's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Age: 24
    Stats: 6'3", 216 lbs
    Posts: 3,962
    Rep Power: 6545
    ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironpump22 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ironpump22's BodySpace
    ironpump22 is offline
    Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post
    That's what I figured about the INBF... really small, but probably easier environment to have your first comp. in. I have two friends that both placed in the top 15 for figure with ABBA-Muscle Beach after a year of training. So that's encouraging, but then I have a friend who placed 4th in the INBF for her first it kinda temps me to jump in there lol... but when I see those girls they just don't seem as built as the ABBA girls [not as much muscle, more so just fit skinny and pretty]. So all three of my girl friends have very encouraging results which makes it hard to determine what to do!

    I'll check out the others you mentioned, FAME and IDFA You look good btw, props on being a natural competitor. I know even girls in ABBA are on HGH for Figure so it makes it hard to compete with them since I'm all natural in what progress I have be able to make, and do not plan on ever taking anything.

    Alberta ftw. Thanks for your in put!
    absolutely! don't worry about others' results though just focus on yourself. I have heard that people can feel pressured to go un-naturally after competing in ABBA for the very reasons you mention, but there are some who compete naturally and just work hard to do their best. At least I know the pressure can be pretty high for the guys so I can imagine it is similar for figure, bikini or whatever category you would choose to enter. Definitely check out INBF and the other organizations I mentioned and give them a shot first, it'll not only boost your confidence but over 50% of the people who compete in them are often first timers--it's a great way to meet new people, and share the common bond of having your first stage experience.

    let me know which shows you end up doing I may see you there this upcoming year!!
    Instagram for progress, contest prep, foodies, etc.
    @KvFitn3ss

    **Natural Bodybuilder and Pro Volleyball player**
    Driven by passion, motivated by success

    **Youtube Channel--Check it Out!!**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIronpump22

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    sworn ally to the religion of iron
    dedication is my heart and sweat is my blood
    doubt your doubts
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 136 lbs
    Posts: 545
    Rep Power: 1350
    girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit girlsagymaholic's BodySpace
    girlsagymaholic is offline
    Originally Posted by ironpump22 View Post
    absolutely! don't worry about others' results though just focus on yourself. I have heard that people can feel pressured to go un-naturally after competing in ABBA for the very reasons you mention, but there are some who compete naturally and just work hard to do their best. At least I know the pressure can be pretty high for the guys so I can imagine it is similar for figure, bikini or whatever category you would choose to enter. Definitely check out INBF and the other organizations I mentioned and give them a shot first, it'll not only boost your confidence but over 50% of the people who compete in them are often first timers--it's a great way to meet new people, and share the common bond of having your first stage experience.

    let me know which shows you end up doing I may see you there this upcoming year!!

    Yeah I'll be happy to just compete that's for sure, placing or not lol! It's a big step to get on stage looking completely different that you're used to and being judged by strangers!

    Definitely possible I'll see you around
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Pink Knight rebeckyt's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 140 lbs
    Posts: 855
    Rep Power: 5145
    rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rebeckyt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit rebeckyt's BodySpace
    rebeckyt is offline
    The ABBA is the IFBB associated organization in Alberta. To become an IFBB Pro, you have to make it through regionals, provincials, and win overall for your catagory at Nationals (CBBF).

    INBF the women are usually less muscluar because it is natural. LOTS of women go the un-natural route, even in the regional competitions of the ABBA.

    You can also check out the WBFF as they have competitions in Edmonton and Calgary. They also have a class in between Figure and Bikini called the Fitness Model Diva. It really boils down to personal choice but keep in mind that if you compete in WBFF, you can be ineligable to compete in ABBA (IFBB) for 2 years. This doesn't seem to be the case when competing in the natural shows though.

    Keep killing it and I'll see you in June!!
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

    ABBA Southern Championships June 14, 2014-Figure Class

    Skipping Nationals for a year long off season. Time to build.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User mlandslide's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Age: 29
    Stats: 5'7", 154 lbs
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    mlandslide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mlandslide's BodySpace
    mlandslide is offline
    I am doing my first in INBF...I chose it for a few reasons:

    1) It is a smaller circuit, so it will be a little bit less intimidating, plus from everything I've heard its a slightly more personal experience.
    2) I like that it's all natural
    3) The Calgary Cup is both amateur and Pro shows, so it will be nice to meet some more experienced competitors (I'm hoping).

    I agree that a lot of the Bikini girls seem extremely slender (and ridiculously pretty)...the look I am shooting for is Bikini, but closer to Figure than "skinny"...hopefully that doesn't hurt me. WBFF Fitness Model Diva will be the show I aim for next.

    Good luck with your first show!!
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Stats: 5'7", 136 lbs
    Posts: 545
    Rep Power: 1350
    girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) girlsagymaholic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit girlsagymaholic's BodySpace
    girlsagymaholic is offline
    Originally Posted by mlandslide View Post
    I am doing my first in INBF...I chose it for a few reasons:

    1) It is a smaller circuit, so it will be a little bit less intimidating, plus from everything I've heard its a slightly more personal experience.
    2) I like that it's all natural
    3) The Calgary Cup is both amateur and Pro shows, so it will be nice to meet some more experienced competitors (I'm hoping).

    I agree that a lot of the Bikini girls seem extremely slender (and ridiculously pretty)...the look I am shooting for is Bikini, but closer to Figure than "skinny"...hopefully that doesn't hurt me. WBFF Fitness Model Diva will be the show I aim for next.

    Good luck with your first show!!
    I am going the ABBA route just because I find that the INBF is just not put together very well, I love that it's drug tested and all natural and that they promote that... but they don't have enough competition in their categories and the girls are all over the place as far as what "Bikini" is supposed to look like or what "Figure" is supposed to look like. I think once they get a bigger base and have their category standards upped I'd love to switch over!

    When is the Calg. Cup? My ABBA comp is in June so that's coming up quick! I will agree that it is a much more intimidating place to start. In my posing seminar last weekend 45 girls showed up for Bikini and 25ish for Figure! Should be a big turn out in June.

    Good luck to you as well.
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout