Registered User HollywoodAndDid's Avatar
    HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10) HollywoodAndDid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bodybuilding.com Supplements » 100% Whey Protein (Cookies & Cream) Review

Here's a review I recently wrote discussing Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Protein:

With a newly realized goal of taking my personal fitness to a higher level, I decided acquiring a protein powder was a priority. After shopping around on Bodybuilding.com for various protein powders, I eventually settled on a 4 lb. tub of Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power.

TASTE: 9/10
    Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power is available in three different flavors - Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cookies & Cream. I settled on the latter of the three. Although I have only tried the aforementioned Cookies & Cream, I can only imagine what the other two flavors could deliver taste-wise after consuming the delicious, rich flavor that Cookies & Cream provides.

For each shake, I included roughly 8 oz. of water and fortunately for this product, the flavor was full and pleasant. Due to the impressive flavor of Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power, I found myself struggling to resist fixing up another serving simply for enjoyment. When that happens, companies can take solace in knowing that they have created a truly delectable product.

MIXABILITY: 7/10
    Each and every serving of Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power was mixed in a shaker with roughly 8 oz. of cold water. With every experience, the product would mix reasonably well after a dozen seconds or so of vigorous shaking.

Occasionally, the powder would yield a few clumps throughout the shake. At other times, the shake would be smooth and well-mixed. I would probably attribute the clumps to the "Cream Filled Chocolate Cookie Pieces" nestled within the ingredients profile. Regardless, the shake's consistency was smooth enough to feel content when faced with the task of rating it.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7/10
    Unlike a Pre-workout or Thermogenic, sudden effects are not to expected when consuming a protein supplement. In fact, it is difficult to judge how effective a protein powder can be. However, a look at the ingredient profile can provide us with an idea of what customers will be ingesting. Each serving boasts 25 grams of protein, 5 grams of BCAA's, and a mere 3 grams of sugar - which appears competitive to many other affordable protein powder profiles across the board.

On a more personal level, while consuming Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power, the next day after hitting weights or participating in a circuit workout was met with little to no soreness and refreshed muscles. I would consume one shake in the early morning before my workout and one shake immediately after my workout.

VALUE: 8/10
    The retail price of this product is $19.88 for a 2 lb. tub, $37.84 for a 4 lb. tub, and $82.87 for a 10 lb. tub. These prices appear to be highly competitive within the protein supplement market when compared with a leading brand like ON's Gold Standard 100% Whey which is priced $25.98 for a 2 lb. tub and $52.99 for a 5 lb. tub.

Based on the 4 lb. tub of Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power, which features 49 servings with each scoop measuring out to 36.5 grams per scoop, the cost-per-serving here breaks down to around $0.77/serving. Purchase the 10 lb. tub and the cost-per-serving plummets to only $0.66 a serving.

Therefore, I am confident in stating that Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Protein is highly affordable and is priced considerably well compared to the product's competitors.

OVERALL: 8/10
    Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power is a solid choice for those looking for a quality whey protein powder. While many other competitors may be a little more expensive, other products could probably boast higher quality ingredient profiles. However, thanks to a superior taste, dependable mixability, and affordable pricing there is no better choice when buying a whey protein than Bodybuilding.com's 100% Whey Power.