jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sports Authority Black Friday Ad 2012

hey guys the sports authority Black Friday ad got leaked today. I know most of us don't like buying from SA but looks like there are a couple good deals. I've never seen the rack they have listed for the 2 day sale but it looks nice.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Sports-Authority-2012
    WFS

Hope this helps you plan your BF shopping early...

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jordynsdaddy View Post
    I've never seen the rack they have listed for the 2 day sale but it looks nice.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...uctId=15484036

$650, never seen that one before either, maybe someone can check it out and review the quality

what are the bar-handles for on the bottom sides? put your feet under them for situps? band work?

nice pullup handles
    Last edited by jormone; 11-06-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: +girl

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jormone View Post

what are the bar-handles for on the bottom sides? put your feet under them for situps? band work?

nice pullup handles
    Definitely looks like something I can trip over, making me ram my head into the posts.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000)
    The captain's chair attachment is a big plus, imo.

I mean, if you're in the market for retail store equipment you'd pay $150+ for a stand alone station for dips, leg lifts, and pull ups.

That puts the rack itself at around $500 which is decent. I am a fan of the gunrack style bar hanger/safety holders, too. No adjusting needed, aside from lifting and placing the safeties themselves (which is fast and easy).

I can't say it blows my mind, but for retail you could do a lot worse.

*edit* I would assume the things on the sides are for attaching bands.

*double edit* bad math/typo
    Last edited by Vermonter; 11-06-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #5 ()---()
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #10 -!!!---!!!-

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    Winston Churchill

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good looking out. I am wanting a 100lb heavy bag if anyone sees one on a black friday sale. Their price kinda sucks since walmart still has a better price on the boxing equipment.
    My All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146550893

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone interested in it, it's called Freemotion.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd be curious to know what sort of weight it can handle.....I couldn't find that on their website. The bench that was advertised along with it has a max user weight of 300 lbs.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://bfads.net/Sports-Authority-Bl...0lb-Weight-Set

how crappy is the above weight set? I'm on the lookout for an oly bar on CL and most are in this price range for the bar alone, and I still don't know what I'm getting. This would be for a garage set up and should suit me for weight for awhile.
    There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning as the correctly performed full squat.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iwasatroll has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    went to freemotions website, they had a chat option. clicked it connected to someone, asked what the weight capacity was, they told me they couldn't answer it on chat and referred me to their customer service line because "He" didn't work in that department.

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 0p3rator View Post
    http://bfads.net/Sports-Authority-Bl...0lb-Weight-Set

how crappy is the above weight set? I'm on the lookout for an oly bar on CL and most are in this price range for the bar alone, and I still don't know what I'm getting. This would be for a garage set up and should suit me for weight for awhile.
    I think the sports authority plates kinda suck, you can go look at them. They look like multipiece construction glued together, instead of one solid piece. Look like they would break over time. Weider would be better in my opinion.
    My All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146550893

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    FreeMotion is a high end reputable equipment manufacturer. I've seen their equipment in gyms all over. If this rack is built as well as their other products then this rack will be a steal at 650. I own a Freemotion adjustable utility bench and it's built like a tank.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the rack looks nice but the bar handles on the floor are dumb. I guess they are for bands? I don't see how you can put a barbell on the floor for deadlifts or rows with those in the way
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    the rack looks nice but the bar handles on the floor are dumb. I guess they are for bands? I don't see how you can put a barbell on the floor for deadlifts or rows with those in the way

Do people really deadlift and row inside a rack? It's not like it offers any additional safety over lifting outside the rack.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Do people really deadlift and row inside a rack? It's not like it offers any additional safety over lifting outside the rack.
    i do rack pulls in the power rack.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They are for bands. I'm going to check out the unit for myself this weekend and I'll comment on its construction.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by amgben View Post
    They are for bands. I'm going to check out the unit for myself this weekend and I'll comment on its construction.
    maybe those band hooks are detachable, but not sure if the safeties go low enough for rack pulls

and pictures please, if you do go. maybe you can measure the hook spacing.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    It depends on how much space people have in their garage, basement, etc. I have the space right now, so I do those exercises in a separate space on my floor. A lot of guys don't have that much space available, so they do those exercises inside their rack, because it is the only clear space they have.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    It depends on how much space people have in their garage, basement, etc. I have the space right now, so I do those exercises in a separate space on my floor. A lot of guys don't have that much space available, so they do those exercises inside their rack, because it is the only clear space they have.
    ^^^this
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post

Ah, I see. That makes sense.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Free Motion Power Cage

Stopped by Sport's Authority today and got to check out the Power Cage first hand. I of course snapped some pictures which I added at the bottom.

Gotta say, it looked good until I got up close and personal. The welds look a bit sloppy. I did like the rear part (plate holders). Sports Authority's plates fit just fine on them. I walked by side band holders as if I was actually using the rack and I don't think I'd trip over them or hit my shins. The rack wobbled but not in a swaying manner. It was as if the floor was uneven, which I don't believe it was. This was probably due to tightening everything before properly aligning everything.

The dip handles weren't very steady. They wobbled as much as most cheap power towers do when doing dips. When doing knee/leg raises, it was steady and comfortable. The entire dip and knee/leg raise attachment locked on very well. Took me a bit to actually lift and take it off.

The pull up handles rotated nicely but not loosely. However, adjusting them, though not difficult, was also not 100% perfect. The handles "base" rotate on the crossbeam so getting them to to align with the holes takes a few seconds.

The safeties, in my opinion, were a huge disappointment. Though they were made from what felt like strong metal, they are small and don't sit very deep on the gun rack style lift offs. They also wobble very loosely while in place. It makes me think that if you were to drop a bar on it, that it would knock the safeties loose.

Personally, I would not buy this rack. For $699 there are better options out there. Even if the safeties weren't (imo) an issue, I'd say you are better off buying a seperate rack and dip station and doing knee/leg raises on the rack.

jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordynsdaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    Stopped by Sport's Authority today and got to check out the Power Cage first hand. I of course snapped some pictures which I added at the bottom.

Gotta say, it looked good until I got up close and personal. The welds look a bit sloppy. I did like the rear part (plate holders). Sports Authority's plates fit just fine on them. I walked by side band holders as if I was actually using the rack and I don't think I'd trip over them or hit my shins. The rack wobbled but not in a swaying manner. It was as if the floor was uneven, which I don't believe it was. This was probably due to tightening everything before properly aligning everything.

The dip handles weren't very steady. They wobbled as much as most cheap power towers do when doing dips. When doing knee/leg raises, it was steady and comfortable. The entire dip and knee/leg raise attachment locked on very well. Took me a bit to actually lift and take it off.

The pull up handles rotated nicely but not loosely. However, adjusting them, though not difficult, was also not 100% perfect. The handles "base" rotate on the crossbeam so getting them to to align with the holes takes a few seconds.

The safeties, in my opinion, were a huge disappointment. Though they were made from what felt like strong metal, they are small and don't sit very deep on the gun rack style lift offs. They also wobble very loosely while in place. It makes me think that if you were to drop a bar on it, that it would knock the safeties loose.

Personally, I would not buy this rack. For $699 there are better options out there. Even if the safeties weren't (imo) an issue, I'd say you are better off buying a seperate rack and dip station and doing knee/leg raises on the rack.

Yeah after finding some specs for it I'd say your description is pretty spot on. Definately for very low loads. Thanks for posting pics.