Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • bulk

6 50.00%
  • cut

5 41.67%
  • other

1 8.33%
    HarryLFH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cut or Bulk or what?

Hey guys,

I am completely new to this so I will give you a brief summary of my background.

For my whole life I have been enjoying sports and more precisely rowing, but I never manage to dedicate myself because of different reasons. So I always stat and then after 1-2 months I stop... after a year I start again.

What did I realize from my work outs comparing it to the others around me? I see that I have a good cardio, not the best but and I can make good improvements with good training but I dont have much strength.

I also believe, and you can judge from the pictures I will upload below that I have a good body shape.

So what should I do with my case in order to get strength, burn fat and gain some muscle?

I also have no idea about the amount of food I should be eating. Every time I start training for some reason I stop eating properly thinking that I eat unhealthy. So I end up eating just salads.

I am 1.80 m and my weight is about 80 + kgs.

Thanks a lot
    Attached Images

dcfcdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back photos 0/10 lol!

Bulk!

Just lift and eat. You have no muscle to cut too.

Registered User stevenmurray198's Avatar
    stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000) stevenmurray198 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lean meat and veggies bro
    Attached Images

bump

ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be honest I would start eating right, lifting heavy and cut for a while before bulking.
    At 1.8m and 80kg+ you are carrying a good lot of fat, if it was me I would prefer to reduce that first.

pump

Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i were you, i'd what for awhile. and then possibly bulk or cut. but make sure you what first.

Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Strong_1rd_Post is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i were you, i'd cut. i was just like you, but with much more fat. i had no choice to cut. i'm still at around 19% body fat, and imo, its dumb to bulk and get fatter..to 20% or above levels.

i'd rather to just ONE cut that you'd never have to do again. lift as well, get on a solid routine. and once you get to below 15%, you can then maintaine for a while (that is my plan), lose weight, gains some muscle slowly...and 4 weeks later - slow bulk.

overall, just don't eat too much (to the point where you're putting on weight), eat high protein, a decent amount of fats, and the rest carbs, and just workout bro, and you'll get into a rhythm that way..

Thanks for the replies.

Why do some people say that I should cut? does it mean if I bulk I will put more fat?

Also what would be the difference for me in bulking/cutting ? I mean what difference would be in diet and work out ?

pump

emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000) emaytee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only real benefit I could see of cutting now is that it will make the impending cut at the end of the bulk a little easier.

6'4" 220 mostly legs Malnourishment's Avatar
    Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cut to your ideal body fat levels or slightly less than that, then bulk.