Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you get big? read and get a foundation of knowledge. otherwise how do you know anything said here is BS. hold it upon yourself to do some work. it is absolutely necessary that you get involved in your goal. excuse me if I sound a bit"short". I had a vasectomy today. my balls are black and blue, swollen a bit now and I am not allowed to take pain killers. There are many great people in this section that can help but I strongly encourage owning your goal

probably too much info on the balls but I am a pretty chill person when it comes to that
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50)

my thoughts

A big part of bodybuilding is learning what stimulus your body responds to the best. Everyone's body is different.

Attend to the basics though, and the rest comes in time. Nutrition, training consistency, and heavy weight will get you there. Lagging body parts may benefit from training more than once a week.

Kai is a huge inspiration for me, and I think his advice is solid. The guys he worked with in the video series had already been lifting for awhile though. So I think his advice was tailored to helping them take it to the next level. It wasn't Kai's advice for beginners.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leroylavey View Post
    Hey bigtallox,

A powerlifter is focused on moving weights. Like implementing tonnage theory etc. A bodybuilder focuses on stimulating hypertrophy. What I was trying to communicate is form. Form is primary, weight is secondary. For some people they sacrifice their form for heavier weights.

I have a interesting question. Why does a weight lifter and a bodybuilder have different physiques?

Because I'm still a new member they won't allow me to post any links from youtube. but go to youtube and type in "Train with Kai IV ARMS". The video is 20 mins and 33 seconds long. You don't have to watch the full thing. You can fast forward to 14.30-20.33 which is the most important part because it really revolutionized the way I thought about lifting.

Let me know what you think.

I hope that helps.
    Kai Greene is on gear bud. He can preach all day. He is in another league. Watch it listening to a guy who blasts his body with HGH and god knows what else. I would listen to a natural perspective first. Kai is allowed to say what he wants, obviously, but I have a hard time listening to the advice of these guys when they fail to mention a very critical piece of their training. I am not saying he doesn't know what he is doing but his results will not be yours. Not even close.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ravenhall View Post
    A big part of bodybuilding is learning what stimulus your body responds to the best. Everyone's body is different.

Attend to the basics though, and the rest comes in time. Nutrition, training consistency, and heavy weight will get you there. Lagging body parts may benefit from training more than once a week.

Kai is a huge inspiration for me, and I think his advice is solid. The guys he worked with in the video series had already been lifting for awhile though. So I think his advice was tailored to helping them take it to the next level. It wasn't Kai's advice for beginners.

While there is no problem with finding him inspirational.... You might be better suited to listening to the advice of a guy like Layne Norton.

Look him up. He has a Doctorate degree in sports based nutrition and physiology and is a top level natural competitor. Not sure....but I think Layne might know a little more of what works to grow muscle (with actual scientific backing).

It is a shame that we have lost our perspective of what truly natural physiques look like. The fact is 99% of us will never attempt the cocktails that top pros take. Yet we emulate them for some reason. I just dont get it.....
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is a shame that we have lost our perspective of what truly natural physiques look like. The fact is 99% of us will never attempt the cocktails that top pros take. Yet we emulate them for some reason. I just dont get it.....

just a fascination with outre, is what it is...I am guilty as charged also! lol

my balls are black and blue, swollen a bit now and I am not allowed to take pain killers.

so are mine, but it's because I spent a night in a Harem....( I wish! lol)
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat BIG. Rest BIG. Train BIG. Get BIG.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=bigtallox;975280283] I'd be willing to bet that the OP just isn't seeing all of the big guys training, they're probably squatting and deadlifting unlike the OP.

Actually, I am probably one of those guys op sees I don't squat or deadlift either lol damn knees and achilles. I wonder why other guys in the gym are puny compared to myself when they seem to lift bigger weights and more intensity. One of lifes mysteries
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reading this thread reminded me of this poem..

Down this road, in a gym far away,
    a young man was heard to say,
    "no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
    he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
    trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
    through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
    where the noise is made with big forty fives,
    a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
    a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
    chalking his hands and monstrous back,
    said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
    the trouble with you is you ain't been squatting'
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Kai Greene is on gear bud. He can preach all day. He is in another league. Watch it listening to a guy who blasts his body with HGH and god knows what else. I would listen to a natural perspective first. Kai is allowed to say what he wants, obviously, but I have a hard time listening to the advice of these guys when they fail to mention a very critical piece of their training. I am not saying he doesn't know what he is doing but his results will not be yours. Not even close.
    Perhaps I'm out of the loop, but are not a lot of the top power lifters and strongmen also riding the same(similar) bicycle?
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323