flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Please help me. *Belly Fat*

Hi there,

I've tried gyms on and off for years with no results to show. I've also worked with personal trainers for up to three months at a time with nothing to show/feel for. This gut has stuck with me since I was 12, I'm in my mid twenties now, I've also had surgery for man-boobs which has made my chest rather flat and awkward but certainly better than before. I've also experimented with being anorexic and went down from 230 lbs to 160 lbs, yet the stomach remained as is.

My endurance has increased when I run as I don't pant any longer. You may point out that it's the diet, I've also tried going carb-free, intermittent fasting for up to six months at a time. This thing just doesn't move an inch. Well it does move, I got down to 32" from 38" during the anorexia experiment but the bulge didn't go. As a result of this anxiety and frustration, my posture isn't the greatest. I'm horribly depressed because of this and am suicidal. Please help me with a routine to get rid of this. I want this June to be the first one that in my quarter century on this planet, I go to a beach and take my shirt off. I don't need vanity, I don't want to show off. I just want to feel light and not be embarrassed in public. Please help me with suggestions for the gut you see and not psychological advice. I beg you wherever you are!
    Attached Images

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When working out in the past, what was you weight lifting routine? Let's start by focusing on what you have been doing wrong and correct it. No doubt you can reach your goal.... You just need the correct advice, and sometimes personal trainers do not have it.

2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2pacalaipse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jeffl1980 View Post
    When working out in the past, what was you weight lifting routine? Let's start by focusing on what you have been doing wrong and correct it. No doubt you can reach your goal.... You just need the correct advice, and sometimes personal trainers do not have it.
    Agreed a personal trainer just markets and sells them self to you in order for you to pay,

Anythings achievable as long as you get the correct advise and go to the right people.
    Think not of others, but reflect back on your self.

abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abgo80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by flabbygut9999 View Post
    Hi there,

I've tried gyms on and off for years with no results to show. I've also worked with personal trainers for up to three months at a time with nothing to show/feel for. This gut has stuck with me since I was 12, I'm in my mid twenties now, I've also had surgery for man-boobs which has made my chest rather flat and awkward but certainly better than before. I've also experimented with being anorexic and went down from 230 lbs to 160 lbs, yet the stomach remained as is.

My endurance has increased when I run as I don't pant any longer. You may point out that it's the diet, I've also tried going carb-free, intermittent fasting for up to six months at a time. This thing just doesn't move an inch. Well it does move, I got down to 32" from 38" during the anorexia experiment but the bulge didn't go. As a result of this anxiety and frustration, my posture isn't the greatest. I'm horribly depressed because of this and am suicidal. Please help me with a routine to get rid of this. I want this June to be the first one that in my quarter century on this planet, I go to a beach and take my shirt off. I don't need vanity, I don't want to show off. I just want to feel light and not be embarrassed in public. Please help me with suggestions for the gut you see and not psychological advice. I beg you wherever you are!
    Buddy, relax. Lot of people have gone through worst and overcame. Just be mindful that it takes time. Looks like you have about 22-23% body fat. All you need is to be slight caloric deficit and good workout regimen. You can do strength training (weights) or endurance training (p90x or insanity). If you remain dedicated to your diet and workout, you will look very different in 10-12 weeks.

Here is my suggestion:
    1) Pick weight training routine like all pro's (see exercises section, there is a sticky)
    2) On your off days do little HIIT (may be 20-30 minutes) - Hitting heavy bag is my fav but you can do bicycling, running whichever you prefer.
    3) Nutrition - this is 80% of your result. You have to be in slight caloric deficit ( 400 -500) see nutrition section stickies to calculate calories. I like intermittent fasting 16 hour fast/ 8 hour eating. It can be helpful for you too.

I understand that this can look very difficult but trust me with patience and persistence, you will overcome this and laugh at it later on. It is only in your mind.

csafc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by abgo80 View Post
    Buddy, relax. Lot of people have gone through worst and overcame. Just be mindful that it takes time. Looks like you have about 22-23% body fat. All you need is to be slight caloric deficit and good workout regimen. You can do strength training (weights) or endurance training (p90x or insanity). If you remain dedicated to your diet and workout, you will look very different in 10-12 weeks.

Here is my suggestion:
    1) Pick weight training routine like all pro's (see exercises section, there is a sticky)
    2) On your off days do little HIIT (may be 20-30 minutes) - Hitting heavy bag is my fav but you can do bicycling, running whichever you prefer.
    3) Nutrition - this is 80% of your result. You have to be in slight caloric deficit ( 400 -500) see nutrition section stickies to calculate calories. I like intermittent fasting 16 hour fast/ 8 hour eating. It can be helpful for you too.

I understand that this can look very difficult but trust me with patience and persistence, you will overcome this and laugh at it later on. It is only in your mind.
    ^^ This

Registered User GlazedDoughnuts's Avatar
    GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try Starting Strengh/StrongLifts, work out your macros reduce your calorific intake and all should be well.

I've came off a n00by dreamer bulk, sitting at 25% (estimate) BF, I'm doing the above and it seems to be working well. Just keep at it. Forget personal trainers and magic pills/potions.

flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flabbygut9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeffl1980 View Post
    I've tried:

* 20 minutes cardio warmup - 20 minutes on weight machines
    * 35 minutes on weights - 15 minutes cardio
    * My cardio consists of only running/HIIT on the treadmill. I've usually done up to 7 rounds of Tabata.

On and off, I've exercised with dedication for at the very least a couple of weeks with no change in my energy levels/body composition whatsoever. Personal trainers usually just kill me by doing excessive cardio, 40+ minutes of fast running which makes me want to throw up etc. etc.

I've looked into the Stronglifts 5x5 regimen but there aren't any gyms with olympic barbells or free weights where I live. The only reason (I guess like everyone else) I want to train with someone is motivation.

For now, I'll try setting a calorie deficit again and go completely off white carbs to see what happens. There's also a new a gym in town and they're offering a 12 weeks "Transformation" routine at about 3 sessions a week. I suppose If I keep that up with two cardio sessions at home, I should see something.

Thank you everyone for your input especially about the bodyfat. I'll post back in three months time.

Registered User GlazedDoughnuts's Avatar
    GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlazedDoughnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What, no local gyms have free weights? Wtf?

Jwells7040 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most of this is in your head. I've seen plenty of guys at the beach with their shirts off that look like you and I pay no attention to it.

That said, the other posters got this thing covered pretty good but it sounds like you asked for their advice an then you're turning your back to it and going with one of those gimmicky gym routines that DON'T WORK.

Stick with the pro's and you'll be a pro. Starting strength, stronglifts are good starting points. Gym doesn't have free weights sounds like a curves, but anyway just get a set f barbells and a bench on Craigslist and lift at home. If you can afford the gimmicky gym stuff,you can afford weights. Your lifts will be light enough to prop the weight against the wall for squats so you don't have to have a rack.

Everything else will be bench or floor. Don't forget to eat right or you'll be back here complaining that starting strength made you fat or you didn't see results.

Google all the movements and remember there is no quick answer to solving something that has been wrong for years.

jayare211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it doesn't happen over night, it doesn't happen in a couple of weeks or months, its going to take you at-least a good solid year of working out hard, eating clean. and no days off...if it took a couple of months everybody would have their dream bodies, so man the **** up and stop feeling sorry about your self and go change your life...

ps. i was way fatter than you were, go look at my pic, ive been at it for 3 1/2 years and still no where near where i wanna be, when i graduated H.S i weighed 240 pounds and im only 5'7, now im bulking at 155pounds at 12%..oh and the pic on my profile was from my last cut where i got down to 9%..

Originally Posted by Jwells7040 View Post
    That said, the other posters got this thing covered pretty good but it sounds like you asked for their advice an then you're turning your back to it and going with one of those gimmicky gym routines that DON'T WORK.
    I agree with you. The gym I mentioned in my previous post costs a lot! About $USD 5,200 for six months to bring down from 22% bodyfat to ~15%, saying we won't show you the stars. That alone discourages me. I will look for a place that can get me to do the Stronglifts routine.

Originally Posted by jayare211 View Post
    so man the **** up and stop feeling sorry about your self and go change your life...
    Did you do it all on your own or did you have real, physical company?

GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10) GibRed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While the gym is going to help, 80% of results will from your diet.

Use the stickies to calculate your maintenace (calories to maintain current level), and Macros (Protein, Fat and Carb requirements).

Knock off 500 calories, but keep protein and fat levels as a minimum requirement, as they help you keep the muscle you already have, and help your body maintain hormone level produvction etc. You can then adjust carbs to suit, or even have more of the other two to get to your required calorie level.

Then download Myfitnesspal app to record what you eat (its easy as you can scan barcodes of the food you eat). Also ignore its suggested calories, just use it for tracking, makes life much easier.

You can have as many or few meals as you like each day (it really doesn't make a difference from twice a day tpo 6/7 times a day).

I find it helped to quit things such as soft drinks and beers as they have alot of calories and do not satisfy hunger, so stick to water predominantly with coffee now and then.

Only weigh yourself once a week and stick with it for 3 week, if no loss, drop another 200 calories, if loss two fast (more than a kilo a week) up it 200 calories (this will help you maintain it for much longer period. If its working you'll need to recalculate your macros again and adjust accordingly as your maintenance level drops as your weight drops.

as for weight routine, stick to one and keep it up for a few months, and for cardio do whatever you feel like, and what you enjoy, otherwise it'll become a chore and you'll give up.

I followed this exact advice from someone else at the start of the month, and can already see results in the mirror, I hope it helps you in the same way.

cooky858 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there,

I'm feeling your pain man. I started out similar boat, the nutrition thing takes a while to understand so ill give you my 7 day diet program that i follow when im cutting/losing body fat its up to you if you want to follow it or not. You should try to aim 2-3lbs per week. I have a 5 day split and i do the 8 week beginner HITT program on 4 days of the week

Cutting Meal Plan (13 calories/lb of bodyweight)
    (Protein: 1-1.5, Carbohydrates: .5-1, Fats: .5)

Ex @180 lbs

Day 1 (Workout Day)

Breakfast:
    2 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop whey protein

Mid-Morning:
    1 scoop casein protein
    6 whole-wheat crackers

Lunch:
    1 can 150 grams tuna
    1 whole-wheat pita bread
    1 cup spinach

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 medium banana

Post-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 Gatorade (20 oz)

Dinner:
    250 grams of fish or chicken breast
    2 cups spinach

Pre-Bed:
    1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
    2 tbsp salsa

Totals: Calories: 2,259 Protein: 261g Carbohydrates: 174g Fat: 43g

Day 2 (Workout Day)

Breakfast:
    2 large eggs
    4 large egg whites
    1 whole-wheat English muffin or whole meal/toast
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Mid-Morning:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 cup oatmeal

Lunch:
    1 can 150 gram tuna
    2 cups spinach
    ½ cup brown rice

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup pineapple

Post-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 Gatorade

Dinner:
    200 grams pork tenderloin
    ½ cup of cooked brown rice
    1 cup cauliflower

Pre-Bed:
    1 scoop casein protein

Totals: Calories: 2,340 Protein: 253g Carbohydrates: 171g Fat: 74g

Day 3 (Rest Day)

Breakfast:
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    3 slices extra lean turkey or bacon rash

Mid-Morning:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    ½ cup Grape-Nuts cereal
    1 cup skim-milk

Lunch:
    200 grams of fish
    2 cups spinach
    ½ avocado

Mid-Afternoon:
    100 grams turkey or ham
    2 sticks light string cheese or 100 grams of cottage cheese 1% fat

Dinner:
    250 grams lean meat
    1 cup green beans
    1 cup broccoli

Pre-Bed:
    2 scoops casein protein
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Totals: Calories: 2,266 Protein: 275g Carbohydrates: 117g Fat: 77g

Day 4 (Workout Day)

Breakfast:
    2 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    1 whole grain waffle
    ½ cup fresh strawberries

Mid-Morning:
    6 medium celery stalks
    1 scoop whey protein

Lunch:
    150 grams deli turkey
    1 slice low fat cheese
    1 whole-wheat pita pocket

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup blueberries

Post-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 Gatorade

Dinner:
    Taco Salad!!
    250 grams ground beef (95% lean)
    ½ cup black beans
    ¼ cup fat-free cheddar cheese
    2 cups spinach

Pre-Bed:

Totals: Calories: 2,347 Protein: 265g Carbohydrates: 176g Fat: 64g

Day 5 (Workout Day)

Breakfast:
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    ¼ cup fat-free cheddar cheese
    1 slice whole-wheat toast

Mid-Morning:
    1 can 150 gram tuna in water
    ½ cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese

Lunch:
    Ham roll-ups
    150 gram deli ham
    ¼ cup light cream cheese
    1 medium cucumber, sliced lengthwise

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup oatmeal

Post-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 Gatorade

Dinner:
    300 grams of chicken or tuna
    2 cup zucchini
    2 cups spinach

Pre-Bed:
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 oz walnuts or almonds

Totals: Calories: 2,555 Protein: 292g Carbohydrates: 130g Fat: 94g

Day 6 (Workout Day)

Breakfast:
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal

Mid-Morning:
    100 grams deli turkey
    6 whole wheat crackers
    1 oz walnuts or almonds

Lunch:
    100 grams deli roast beef or ham
    ½ avocado
    2 cups spinach

Pre-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 whole-wheat English muffin

Post-Workout:
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 scoop casein protein
    1 slice white bread
    1 tbsp jelly

Dinner:
    300 grams of chicken breast
    ½ cup brown rice
    1 cup spinach

Pre-Bed:
    2 tbsp salsa

Totals: Calories: 2,406 Protein: 249g Carbohydrates: 179g Fat: 76g

Day 7 (Rest Day)

Breakfast:
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal

Mid-Morning:
    1 whole-wheat English muffin
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 scoop casein protein

Lunch:
    150 grams deli turkey
    2 cups spinach
    1 scoop whey protein

Mid-Afternoon:
    1 can 150 grams tuna
    6 whole wheat crackers

Dinner:
    250 grams ground beef (95% lean)
    1 whole wheat hamburger bun
    ½ cup spinach
    ½ tomato
    1 cup green beans

Pre-Bed:
    1 scoop casein protein

Totals: Calories: 2,197 Protein: 229g Carbohydrates: 145g Fat: 74g

I use Optimum 100% Gold Standard Whey and Optimum Casein Protein, Blackmore Mutivitamins and Omega 3 capsules

Originally Posted by GibRed View Post
    I followed this exact advice from someone else at the start of the month, and can already see results in the mirror, I hope it helps you in the same way.
    Thank you, I hope so too!

Originally Posted by cooky858 View Post
    I'm feeling your pain man. I started out similar boat, the nutrition thing takes a while to understand so ill give you my 7 day diet program
    Hi, how long before your workout do you take a meal?

Thanks!

RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500) RoidRageZ is not very helpful. (-500)
    The reason you went down from 200 to 160 and yet did not lose your belly is cause you didn't lift or you didn't lift enough. Eat at a deficit and lift 3 times a day. It's very simple, it's just commitment that causes one to pass and one to fail.

wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RoidRageZ View Post
    Eat at a deficit and lift 3 times a day.
    A day...or a week...?
    Oops, i got fat. Trying to fix that now..

cooky858 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you, I hope so too!

Hi, how long before your workout do you take a meal?

Thanks!
    I usually eat 1.5hours to 1 hour before hand and post workout meal has to be in the first hour straight after the gym