shycrystal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need help losing fatty "apron" flap on tummy

I just had a baby and gained weight in the belly and now have a fat flap that I can't get rid of. Everywhere I turn for help says it won't go away without surgery because its fat over muscle. There's got to be away to shrink it and the skin with proper diet and exercise right? Maybe even help with a caffeine free fat burning supplement? I'd appreciate all the positive help I can get.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shycrystal View Post
    I just had a baby and gained weight in the belly and now have a fat flap that I can't get rid of. Everywhere I turn for help says it won't go away without surgery because its fat over muscle. There's got to be away to shrink it and the skin with proper diet and exercise right? Maybe even help with a caffeine free fat burning supplement? I'd appreciate all the positive help I can get.
    If it's fat, you lose it the way you lose any other fat, with a calorie deficit. If it's loose skin, time or surgery are the only fixes.

FUS388 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's difficult to provide adequate information to help you without knowing what your current body weight and body fat percentage is in relation to your pre-pregnancy body weight and body fat percentage. However, if you are attempting to lose weight you must eat calorie deficient diet. Now this does not mean starve yourself, but if you consume 3000 calories a day and only burn 2000, you will not be able to lose weight or body fat. I would first determine your adequate caloric intake, then divide that into 6 meals of lean protein, slow acting carbs, and healthy fat. Don't forget your cardio. Also most woman neglect weight training, although studies have show it to be more successfully in losing weight and body fat percentage then cadio alone.

Thank you both. I'm not sure how to measure body mass or anything like that. Before I got pregnant I was at 185 and losing. I was on a low glucose diet and it was working great and I was walking daily and working out with an elliptical. I'm 5'7" and currently weight 205. My husband has me lifting every other day right now and we now have a treadmill instead of the elliptical. I'm super concerned about my stomach staying flabby. I'm looking at taking those Liptrophin am and pm supplements. Will those help?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shycrystal View Post
    Thank you both. I'm not sure how to measure body mass or anything like that. Before I got pregnant I was at 185 and losing. I was on a low glucose diet and it was working great and I was walking daily and working out with an elliptical. I'm 5'7" and currently weight 205. My husband has me lifting every other day right now and we now have a treadmill instead of the elliptical. I'm super concerned about my stomach staying flabby. I'm looking at taking those Liptrophin am and pm supplements. Will those help?
    All you need is a calorie deficit: eat less than you burn each day. You can achieve that by eating less, burning more (exercise) or a combination of the two.

A "low glocuse" diet will usually result in less calories eaten just because foods high in protein and fat are more filling and it's harder (but not impossible) to overeat. But why rely on an arbitrary food restriction to trick yourself when you can just count calories and manage it directly?

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why this program? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

Thank you so much for all the information, I'm going to start doing all this asap!
    Last edited by shycrystal; 11-14-2012 at 07:19 AM.