Izekiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I Guaranteed to have loose skin?

I've read a lot from the forum already.

But here's the thing. I have a 48-50 inch waist. It's not like most bellies as it's very tight and there's no hanging going on at all in the front or on the sides. I can actually suck in with no looseness either.

I see guys here start out with 40 inch waists that droop and stuff. I don't understand

Not sure if I'll get loose skin as I don't know enough about it (although I have looked into it).

If I showed a picture of me I got the fat but none of the jiggly mess.

I've already looked around here too. But am not sure.

Oh I'm not 5'6, I'm 5'8.

And maybe I'm measuring wrong?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    post a pic, you are around 100 pounds overweight if you have average muscle mass (read: no serious lifting prior, and not "im pretty muscular") and will probably have some loose skin.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

...and Carlysdaddy camdensdaddy's Avatar
    camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Izekiel View Post

But here's the thing. I have a 48-50 inch waist. It's not like most bellies as it's very tight and there's no hanging going on at all in the front or on the sides. I can actually suck in with no looseness either.

I see guys here start out with 40 inch waists that droop and stuff. I don't understand

Not sure if I'll get loose skin as I don't know enough about it (although I have looked into it).

Does it matter? It is what it is...don't let a little loose skin stop you from being the best you can be.

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Bad news is your waist is 48-50 inches drastically increasing your chances of loose skin.
    Good news is you say it doesn't overhang at all.

Now I'm not saying you won't have loose skin, but mostly everyone I see with a really distended pot belly typically has no loose skin afterwards, and everyone that has some sort of overhang when obese does.

For example I have loose skin and I had an overhang @ 48 inches.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    post a pic, you are around 100 pounds overweight if you have average muscle mass (read: no serious lifting prior, and not "im pretty muscular") and will probably have some loose skin.
    Eh I've only been at this weight for 1.5 years. I've weighed at 190-195 lbs for most of my teenage years. But even then my waist was not much smaller (40-44 inches).

I can't post a picture at the moment as I don't have the resources to. I have the biggest legs in all of my family as well. I run very fast too. Even when I was 190 lbs I usually outran most of the guys in my highschool.

I'm so confused about all this cause I haven't seen someone that matches my bodytype here though I've looked at all the major threads.

Originally Posted by moore93 View Post
    Bad news is your waist is 48-50 inches drastically increasing your chances of loose skin.
    Good news is you say it doesn't overhang at all.

Now I'm not saying you won't have loose skin, but mostly everyone I see with a really distended pot belly typically has no loose skin afterwards, and everyone that has some sort of overhang when obese does.

For example I have loose skin and I had an overhang @ 48 inches.
    Yeah there isn't even a little bit of hang. Not even on the sides. That's why I'm confused as well since I usually see guys with smaller waists that have some drooping in certain spots.

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah there isn't even a little bit of hang. Not even on the sides. That's why I'm confused as well since I usually see guys with smaller waists that have some drooping in certain spots.
    Well, be optimistic that you won't.

But all in all it doesn't matter, lose the weight regardless, lol.

Well, be optimistic that you won't.

But all in all it doesn't matter, lose the weight regardless, lol.
    Nothing is gonna stop me. But I would like to know if I would need to be prepared.

And the picture you showed. I don't have any of the hang. My belly is most prominent above the button which is what makes my waist 50 inches.

Nothing is gonna stop me. But I would like to know if I would need to be prepared.

And the picture you showed. I don't have any of the hang. My belly is most prominent above the button which is what makes my waist 50 inches.
    You might be lucky (if lucky applies to being fat) that you only have been that fat for a little over a year. Lose it and don't procrastinate to have the greatest chance of saving your skin.

50 inch waist for 1.5 years vs. 50 inch waist for 7 years.

Which do you think is going to become tighter, nomsayin?

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Eh I've only been at this weight for 1.5 years. I've weighed at 190-195 lbs for most of my teenage years. But even then my waist was not much smaller (40-44 inches).

I can't post a picture at the moment as I don't have the resources to. I have the biggest legs in all of my family as well. I run very fast too. Even when I was 190 lbs I usually outran most of the guys in my highschool.

I'm so confused about all this cause I haven't seen someone that matches my bodytype here though I've looked at all the major threads.
    Dude, you aren't special. You don't have a special body type. You are obese. Really what does loose skin have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that you'd rather be a lard ass if you happen to end up with loose skin? GFTO. Scary thing is that you managed to gain all that weight so quickly. Maybe you can lose that quickly as well. Get busy trying.

You might be lucky (if lucky applies to being fat) that you only have been that fat for a little over a year. Lose it and don't procrastinate to have the greatest chance of saving your skin.

50 inch waist for 1.5 years vs. 50 inch waist for 7 years.

Which do you think is going to become tighter, nomsayin?
    Yeah I know. Got to get down back to where I was then. Girls liked me a lot then. Now I'm just fat . Got to be get in shape though.

Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    Dude, you aren't special. You don't have a special body type. You are obese. Really what does loose skin have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that you'd rather be a lard ass if you happen to end up with loose skin? GFTO. Scary thing is that you managed to gain all that weight so quickly. Maybe you can lose that quickly as well. Get busy trying.
    I'm losing weight regardless. Mostly for my health as I feel fat as hell.

Just want to be prepared for anything.

Well I read some instructions on measuring and it comes out I have a 46 inch waist.

Not sure if that makes things any better.

ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take lots of fish oil it will help with the elasticity of the skin. Just do it, and stop worrying about what might happen. Do it, even if you had loose skin you will look better in clothes till your skin tightens up in time.

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    i only lost 40ibs and i have loose skin on my lower stomach ... like moore97 mentioned if you have an overhang now then you will most likely have loose skin ... if your stomach is more of a harder pot belly then u most likely wont have loose skin

yellowy0y0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No just take it slow

Hey I'm currently at 175 lbs from 216 lbs and I'm 5'4". I haven't any problems with any loose skin so far but I have been taking my time since January to lose the weight slowly and try to gain some muscle. Be patient just remember its something your going to do for the long haul and see it as a lifestyle change. I do have stretch marks but I rather have them than the big ole gut I used to have.

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen. Chances are you will have some if your waist is so large, but it may not look the same as others (hanging).

LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LostmySanity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Loose skin > obesity any day of the week.

it may not look appealing but the health benefits alone are worth it. start lifting heavy and replace that excess fat with muscle and your loose skin wont be nearly as noticeable. Plus there is always some degree of elasticity and retightening of the skin.

Treat your stretch marks and loose skin as trophies, constant reminders of what you have accomplished and what you have gone through.
    the sooner you accept your new body the more confident you will be and stretch marks/loose skin wont matter.

i have tried bio oil with minimal results and just stick to using shea butter/lubriderm lotion to prevent or at least minimize gaining more stretch marks from the weight loss/muscle gain.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Had a 60+ inch waist at one point. Little bit of loose skin. Mostly very stubborn fat. Haven't given up hope because it keeps improving as i go through cut and bulk cycles.

I think mine will improve immensely at really low body fat, but that requires me to have enough muscle mass to support such a low body fat level (< 8%, imo)
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Currently cutting.

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    repped! LOLZ
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Waist circumference shows that you're obese no matter if it's jiggly or not. You could have a lot of visceral fat and less subcutaneous fat, which is bad news since visceral fat is much more dangerous. If you decide to lose fat, don't be surprised to see your belly start jiggling since you'll lose visceral fat at a faster rate.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Riffo View Post
    Waist circumference shows that you're obese no matter if it's jiggly or not. You could have a lot of visceral fat and less subcutaneous fat, which is bad news since visceral fat is much more dangerous. If you decide to lose fat, don't be surprised to see your belly start jiggling since you'll lose visceral fat at a faster rate.
    Focusing on different types of fat is unnecessary.

I've known people to lose 25lbs, and their skin as a result of the weight loss was saggy and really stretched. On the other hand I have seen transformations here where members have lost 50+ and their skin has just snapped back in to place. You're not guaranteed to have it, but the chances are if you have a good deal of weight to shift, you will have some degree of loose skin. However; Loose skin > being obese. A lot of factors will come in to play. Genetics, protein intake, whether you lifted or not and the rate in which you lose weight. I lost 60lbs but did so by cutting with a 500 calorie deficit, from day one. Spending more time cutting as opposed to losing 1.5lbs-2lbs a week was my personal choice.
    Currently cutting.

Originally Posted by LostmySanity View Post
    Loose skin > obesity any day of the week.

it may not look appealing but the health benefits alone are worth it. start lifting heavy and replace that excess fat with muscle and your loose skin wont be nearly as noticeable. Plus there is always some degree of elasticity and retightening of the skin.

Treat your stretch marks and loose skin as trophies, constant reminders of what you have accomplished and what you have gone through.
    the sooner you accept your new body the more confident you will be and stretch marks/loose skin wont matter.

i have tried bio oil with minimal results and just stick to using shea butter/lubriderm lotion to prevent or at least minimize gaining more stretch marks from the weight loss/muscle gain.
    No doubt. I've already accepted the stretch marks. They're getting lighter and lighter ever month.

What motivated me to lose weight is that I can't do the things I used to do in high school. I was very fast and had good stamina. I just let myself go

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    Had a 60+ inch waist at one point. Little bit of loose skin. Mostly very stubborn fat. Haven't given up hope because it keeps improving as i go through cut and bulk cycles.

I think mine will improve immensely at really low body fat, but that requires me to have enough muscle mass to support such a low body fat level (< 8%, imo)
    Wow that's an amazing transformation you have there.

Focusing on different types of fat is unnecessary.

I've known people to lose 25lbs, and their skin as a result of the weight loss was saggy and really stretched. On the other hand I have seen transformations here where members have lost 50+ and their skin has just snapped back in to place. You're not guaranteed to have it, but the chances are if you have a good deal of weight to shift, you will have some degree of loose skin. However; Loose skin > being obese. A lot of factors will come in to play. Genetics, protein intake, whether you lifted or not and the rate in which you lose weight. I lost 60lbs but did so by cutting with a 500 calorie deficit, from day one. Spending more time cutting as opposed to losing 1.5lbs-2lbs a week was my personal choice.
    So losing at a max rate of 1lb a day is the way to go?

No doubt. I've already accepted the stretch marks. They're getting lighter and lighter ever month.

What motivated me to lose weight is that I can't do the things I used to do in high school. I was very fast and had good stamina. I just let myself go

Wow that's an amazing transformation you have there.

So losing at a max rate of 1lb a day is the way to go?
    The slower better, but with all due respect, you have a lot more weight to lose than I ever did.

If I were you I'd just accept the possibility, because being having Loose skin > being obese. Any day of the week.
    Currently cutting.

The slower better, but with all due respect, you have a lot more weight to lose than I ever did.

If I were you I'd just accept the possibility, because being having Loose skin > being obese. Any day of the week.
    I expect loose skin on my chest. I'm not mad about that. If it doesn't tighten up there I'll just op for surgery. I already have someone in mind.

I do think I'll have loose skin on my stomach to a degree. I can accept some if it will tighten up over time.

My weight is actually 241 lbs. Stupidly used a cheap scale.

So every single body fat percentage calculator puts me at 36-37%. I even used calipers and it did the same. So that's more than a dozen calculators I've used. OBESE.

So it seems I would need to lose 85 lbs to get under 10% body fat.

How much weight did you lose?

I expect loose skin on my chest. I'm not mad about that. If it doesn't tighten up there I'll just op for surgery. I already have someone in mind.

I do think I'll have loose skin on my stomach to a degree. I can accept some if it will tighten up over time.

My weight is actually 241 lbs. Stupidly used a cheap scale.

So every single body fat percentage calculator puts me at 36-37%. I even used calipers and it did the same. So that's more than a dozen calculators I've used. OBESE.

So it seems I would need to lose 85 lbs to get under 10% body fat.

How much weight did you lose?
    I lost just under 60lbs in total. I took it very slow, it's a marathon not a race. Don't focus on body fat, the mirror is your best guide for now. You have the right mind set to accept them, if they were to occur. Use them as motivation to, in the future, fill your frame out with mass.
    Currently cutting.

So I took some pictures. I can't show them cause they're on one of those old cell phones but from what I see it looks like I'm pregnant. I'm not pregnant as I'm a guy but if I were to show the picture without gender assessment you'd think it was pregnancy.

Not sure exactly what that means although I've read that it can be a cause of health issues due to weight gain. Just another reason to lose weight and get healthy.

On another note I asked my dad and he showed me his stomach. Looks exactly the same as mine although he's 5'4 and weighs 198 lbs.

I do expect some loose skin but not until I get below 190 lbs. Hopefully by that time I can bulk up and if the loose skin isn't done by the time I finish on that cut I'll just go up to 190.

In terms of my body I found out that the men on my mother's side of the family were very tall (unlike me) and were hunters. On my father's side of the family there some African-Americans. Makes sense as my body seems to mimic an African-American male very closely.

Would love to hear information from anybody that's knowledgeable of these things as I don't know enough about these things.

teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teninchpizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've gone from 228lbs to 159lbs (as of yesterday) in just over 10 months, averaging about 1.5lbs weight loss per week without any loose skin. If you take it slow, like Spanishdream said, and lift at the same time, you shouldn't have any major problems.

Don't be disheartened if you don't see the results you want right away, it takes time and effort - surgery shouldn't even be on your mind. Since you're 18 I don't see why you should have a problem with loose skin anyway.