Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    in.

i love starting strength. i've also dabbled in paleo/primal eating and lost my first 40 pounds that way. i'm not carb phobic anymore, but i still think that avoiding most grains is good for me.

there is a pretty good website that is primal leaning but still incorporates white rice and other starchy veggies that you might like that i recently stumbled upon
    http://thedomesticman.com/
    Thanks for the link, will have to try some of the recipes. I've learned that carbs have their place...but can't deny, weight fell off super fast with keto and barely any carbs. Tempted to go all out again since it will only be 80 days.
    Last edited by missladyj; 01-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have to say, am really enjoying making a workout integrating different types of exercises. Curious to see if lifts increase even when I'm not able to get to the gym for a few days. It's often not guaranteed I'll be able to make it due to my family situation, so will have to step it up and come up with some good home workouts. I like how the 5 sets per exercise set up is working out so going to continue doing that for home workouts to get some more volume in. Also going to do kettle bell swings more often...hopefully moving up to 6 times a week. Is one of the few 'cardio' exercises I enjoy.

Will try to keep with the theme of workout A: press, legs, and abs; workout B: pull, legs, and abs.

Today's workout:

Kettle bell squats (25lb) 5 sets of 9

Pushups: 5 sets of 5

Tactical kettle bell lunge (25lb): 5 sets of 10

Dumb bell shoulder press on exercise ball (10 lb): 5 sets of 15 (would usually do 20lb dumb bells but didn't feel quite so stable on the exercise ball just yet and lower back was burning from lunges / squats)

Dumb bell floor press (20 lb): 5 sets of 15

Frog sit ups: 5 x 15

Medicine ball oblique twists (10lb): 5 sets of 40

Felt thoroughly tried after workout was done. Triceps were twitching when I sat back on my hands. Legs felt like jelly after lunges. Feel like I got a solid workout.