Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Curjo gets jacked with Magnum Opus and Tonic!!

I've been lucky enough to be chosen to do a log of Magnum's Opus and Tonic. I'm very excited for both, I've never taken a non-stim pre workout before so I'm interested to see if it can pump me up after my long days at work. I'm at work right now so I'll post my workout plan, nutrition and all the other fun details tonight, I just wanted to get the log up and running for the awesome people at Magnum!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FIRST. Subbed.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2rd
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok had to work on my wife's car last night when I got home so I wasn't able to update but I did get my workout in and had my first taste of Opus! More on that in a little bit.

About Me
    Weight:252.8
    Height:6'3"

I'll try to make this short as I tend to get long winded. Last January I weighed in at my highest ever, 354!, and decided I needed to change. Started lifting issuing riptoes starting strength program and eating healthy. Dropped down to 315 and hurt my back, again. Got that straightened out and was back at 330, decided to go on the medifast diet for 10 weeks starting july 1st to try and drop a lot of weight quickly since I was going to Jamaica with my wife over thanksgiving. Dropped from 330 to 268 in that ten weeks but also lost a lot of muscle since it is such a strict diet(500 cals a day). Had a dexa scan on September 9th which was my last day of fully being on medifast. I was still 46% body fat with 124lbs of total fat.

From that point on I added back real food very slowly, only 300 cals a week until I started working with a coach from the contest prep section. Since working with him I have stayed pretty much the same weight but have added back a lot of muscle. I had another dexa scan on December 16th and while I had only dropped 10lbs to 258 my lbm had increased by 24lbs and I had lost 34lbs of fat. I was now at 35% bf and 90lbs of total fat.

Nutrition
    I eat the same thing everyday and its coming in at 2700 cals right now.

3am- 1 serving almonds, one scoop protein powder
    6am- 5oz chicken breast, 88g broccoli, 56g oatmeal
    9am- 2 tbsp natty peanut butter, one scoop protein powder
    12pm- 5oz chicken breast, 88g broccoli, 2tbsp natty peanut butter
    2:30pm(pre-wo)- 2 scoop protein powder, 80g oatmeal, 1 banana
    5:30-6:30(post-wo)- 2 scoop protein powder
    8:00pm- 200g 2% plain Greek yogurt, 1 serving almonds

On days I don't work some meals will get eaten together. I have a feeling we will be dropping cals soon since I have stalled somewhat.

Lifting
    Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- Legs
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursday- Arms
    Friday- Shoulders
    Saturday- Back
    Sunday- Off

Cardio
    4 30 min MISS sessions per week
    2 HIIT sessions per week

Starting pic. Obviously I have a long way to go, but my end goal is competing in a natural bodybuilding show at the end of 2014.

TEAM DEMON

Took my Tonic and Opus yesterday for the first time. It says to take the Tonic on an empty stomach so I just made sure to take them between my meals. Not expecting to feel much from this for a while. I got the blue yasberry flavor of Opus, and to my surprise it mixes up orange in color. It does have a little bit of pressure in the shaker jar after mixing but not as bad as I was expecting from reading other logs. The taste was really good, I can't quite put my finger on what it tastes like but I could drink it all day. I've tried a lot of awful tasting supplements so I was relieved to not have to report bad news about this. I downed the Opus and went straight onto the treadmill for my 10 minute warmup and then started lifting.

Seated db curl
    40'sx10x3

Superset with lying db extension
    25'sx10x3

Ez-bar curl
    95x10x3

Superset with rope extensions
    50x12x3

Skull crushers
    55x10x3

Wide grip bb curls
    55x12
    65x10
    85x8
    95x6

I didn't notice any BA tingles, but I rarely do, I was definitely more vascular and the pump was intense! I'm really looking forward to running the rest of the bottle.
    TEAM DEMON

Day two on Opus and Tonic and had another good lifting session on Opus. This time I waited about 10 minutes before starting my warmup and I felt the tingles. I like that. Again vascular it's was increased and I really felt like pushing my shoulders today which I haven't done in long time since they had been hurting, but I got a really nice pump today. I went into the workout a little angry because I had taken my wife's minivan in to have it detailed so we could sell it and when I got home we noticed that there was a huge dent in the bumper that was not there when I dropped it off. So now I have to take it back today and see what they have to say about it. Also did a HIIT session after lifting that I really didn't want to do but I pushed through it. 8 30-40 second sprints at 10.0 and 2 minutes walking in between.

OHP
    105x10x3

Superset with side lateral
    15'sx10x3

Barbell shrug
    185x10x3

Superset with rear laterals
    20'sx10x3

Upright row
    95x10x3

Front laterals
    20'sx10x3
    TEAM DEMON

Back day

Took two scoops of opus and went in to hit back hard. I felt the tingles again but only until I get into the flow of the workout and then I just have some nice clean energy and pump. Really enjoying this product.

Lat pulldowns
    125x10x3(PR)

Superset with bent over db row
    65x10x3

Bent over bb row
    90x12
    100x10
    110x8
    135x6(PR)

Dead lift
    135x6
    225x12
    265x10
    285x8
    305x6

Straight arm pulldowns
    65x10x2
    60x10

I was supposed to do some cardio later in the day but I fell asleep on my couch at 7pm lol. Missed my last meal of the day too. Talked to my coach about dropping some cals since I have been stuck in the 250's for quite a while and he decided to drop around 200 cals out which will put me around 2400 cals a day. I'm looking forward to this because I need the weight to go down. I know I'm gaining muscle but I'm not gonna be 250 and ripped, I need to drop the weight. I will also be starting taking a diet pill from Giant sports called Dexamine, this is the only time I will mention it in this log and I cleared it with the Magnum rep before I started the log so I'm not breaking any rules. Keep crushing it!
    TEAM DEMON

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great work in here. Really solid couple of sessions and thanks for providing the "about me" portion of this log. Congrats on your progress thus far and I could definitely see you reaching your goal for 2014. Keep it up.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for this!

The opus once again did its job pumping me up even for my least favorite day of the week. Yesterday was chest and its my weakest body part. I didn't get to do any cardio because my car broke down on the way home from the gym. It was 5 degrees out and I was in shorts, it was not fun. Got home really late(for me anyway) and passed out quick.
    Bb flat bench
    135x10x3

Superset with flat db fly
    25x10x3

Incline db press
    40'x10x3

Superset with incline db fly
    20'sx10x3

Assisted dips
    -80x8x3

Dropset on machine press to 40 reps
    TEAM DEMON

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking good!

I love Opus!
    *RCSS Rep*

Crazy supersets and dropsets. Great work.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Crazy supersets and dropsets. Great work.
    Thanks B Con, the supersets really wear my chest out hence the low weight, I mean my chest is horribly weak anyway but this really fries it.

Stan is going to be sending me an updated plan later today where we will be dropping cals even lower, probably 2250. Since I have a wedding to be in in 12 weeks from Friday we are going to go balls to the wall for the next 12 weeks so I can drop the max weight possible in that time. After that, no matter what my body fat is, we will reverse out of it and help my metabolism recover and go on a very slow bulk, hopefully just maintaining and recomping all the way until my real prep sometime next spring. So I guess you could call this a mock prep. I'm going to go through everything that I would as if my contest was April 29th. Obviously I won't be anywhere near contest ready, but it will be a small test of how I will handle the actual prep next year. Tuesday was leg day and it was a pretty good day. Downed two scoops of Opus and mixed in my creatine to see what the flavor woukd end up like and the creatine didnt seem to make a difference, still tasted great. Hit a pr on squats even though I failed to get my full 6 reps, I got 5 pretty clean reps out. I also did 30 min stairmaster on the intervals program level 5.

Squat
    135x12
    185x10
    225x8
    255x5 PR

Hack squat
    180x10x3

SLDL
    165x10x3

Leg extension
    140x15x3

Lying leg curl
    110x12x3

Seated calf raise
    135x15,12,12,10,10

Standing calf raise on shrug machine
    4ppsx15,12,12,10,10
    TEAM DEMON

Didn't really feel good yesterday, everything was a struggle but I got all my work done, no excuses. I always look forward to arm day but I just didn't have it for some reason. Opus had me physically pumped today just not mentally.

Seated db curl
    40'sx10x3

SS with lying db extension
    25'sx10x3

Ez-bar curl
    100x10x3

SS with rope extension
    60x12x3

Skull crushers
    70x10x3

Wide grip straight bar curls
    65x12
    75x10
    85x8
    95x6

30 min stairmaster interval level 5
    TEAM DEMON

The Opus definitely helped me with this! 315x6 I actually feel like I lifted a real amount of weight now.
    TEAM DEMON

Really great job with the PRs. Loved the deadlift video too. You are KILLING it. I know what you mean about Opus helping ya in the gym on days where you aren't really wanting to do it. Good stuff and way to keep consistent.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Yesterday's back workout went quite well, upped the weight on almost everything. The calorie drop has not affected me at all which is great. I'm really looking forward to these next 12 weeks as I think there will be a lot of changes in my physique. Not anywhere near where I want to be but a lot better. I'm going to put up a video log better introducing myself for those who are late to the party, I think it's easier to watch a quick video than read a wall of text. I have no editing software since I do everything from my phone so it won't be very interesting. Anyway here's the workout from yesterday.

Widegrip lat pulldowns
    130x10x3PR

SS with bent over db row
    70'sx10x3

Bent over bb row
    100x12
    110x10
    135x8
    145x6PR

Deadlift
    135x8
    225x12
    255x10
    285x8
    315x6PR

Straight arm pulldowns
    60x12x3

30 minutes on the elliptical interval program level 13
    TEAM DEMON

I really like the video idea. Great way to introduce yourself and get your name out there. Love this log. Very inspiring and CONGRATS on those deadlifts. Great PR.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Looking good in here! Nice video!

Sorry for the lack of posting. I am away and will be home tomorrow.
    *RCSS Rep*

Monday was chest day, my least favorite day of the week.

Bb bench press
    140x10x3

Superset with flat db flyes
    25x10x3

Db incline press
    40x10x3

Superset with incline db flyes
    25x10x3

Assisted dips
    -80x8x3

Machine press dropset to 40 reps x2

Not a bad workout for me, but I just feel like such a wuss on chest day, everything else I feel like I can hold my own but my chest is weak. It's gonna need years of work to bring it up to where it needs to be. Finished off the workout with 30 minutes on the elliptical interval program level 13.
    TEAM DEMON

Leg day was brutal but in a good way! My 255 squat this week was much better than last week and I got out all my reps so looks like there will be an increase next week. I'm really feeling the leg curls today, I focused on really squeezing at the top and boy does it make a difference. I didnt really notice the effects of the opus today and im not sure why, arm day is today so we'll see if i still get the same pump as i have been lately. Did 15 minutes elliptical at the gym and then drove home and did another 15 minutes on my stairmaster. Yesterday was an off day from lifting, I was supposed to do cardio but my wife and 3 of 4 kids are sick so I spent the night taking care of all of them. I'll try to get two sessions in today to make up for it.

Squat
    135x12
    185x10
    225x8
    255x6

Hack squat
    180x10x3

SLDL
    165x10x3

Leg extension
    145x15x3

Lying leg curl
    115x12x2
    110x12x1

Standing calf raise
    180x15,12,12,10,10

Seated calf raise
    135x15,12,12,10,10
    TEAM DEMON

Sorry for the lack of updates, 3 out of 4 kids are sick and so is my wife, I've still been getting in my workouts and diet has been 100%. I will update my Thursday and Friday workout later today.
    TEAM DEMON

Thursday workout

Seated db curls
    40'sx10x3

SS with lying triceps extensions
    25'sx10x3

Ez bar curl
    95x10x3

Rope extensions
    60x12x3

Skull crushers
    65x10x3

Wide grip bb curl
    70x12
    80x10,8,6

Face pulls
    55x10x3

HIIT on the elliptical, really kicked my ass. First time I have done HIIT on the elliptical wont be the last though.

Friday workout

Got up at 2:15am and hopped on my stairmaster for 30 minutes for my first cardio of the day since I was behind one session this week. Then off to work for 12 hours. Then to the gym.

OHP
    110x10x3(felt weak on these for some reason, the last few reps had a little help from my legs)

SS with side laterals
    20'sx10x3

Bb shrug
    185x10x3

SS with bent over laterals
    25'sx10x3

Upright row
    95x10x3

Front raises
    20'sx10x3

Then my second HIIT session. Sprints on the treadmill. Wanted to die afterwards.
    TEAM DEMON

Didn't feel up to par during this back workout for some reason, still pushed through and gave it my all though. Just did a light 30 minutes on the recumbant bike for cardio because my calves were cramping up. Been taking my multi's and drinking plenty of fluids so I'm not quite sure what's going on but hopefully it will go away.

Lat pulldowns
    145x10x3

SS with bent over db row
    70'sx10x3

Bent over db row
    110x12
    135x10
    145x8
    155x6

Deads
    135x6
    245x12
    275x10
    295x7
    295x6

Straight arm pulldowns
    60x12x3
    TEAM DEMON

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates, 3 out of 4 kids are sick and so is my wife, I've still been getting in my workouts and diet has been 100%. I will update my Thursday and Friday workout later today.
    Sorry to hear about your kids. I hope they feel better and I know the feeling.
    *RCSS Rep*

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Didn't feel up to par during this back workout for some reason, still pushed through and gave it my all though. Just did a light 30 minutes on the recumbant bike for cardio because my calves were cramping up. Been taking my multi's and drinking plenty of fluids so I'm not quite sure what's going on but hopefully it will go away.

Lat pulldowns
    145x10x3

SS with bent over db row
    70'sx10x3

Bent over db row
    110x12
    135x10
    145x8
    155x6

Deads
    135x6
    245x12
    275x10
    295x7
    295x6

Straight arm pulldowns
    60x12x3
    We all have those days where we're just not feeling it in the gym. Keep your head up and I hope you're not getting sick.
    *RCSS Rep*

Originally Posted by Free Weight Friedel View Post
    We all have those days where we're just not feeling it in the gym. Keep your head up and I hope you're not getting sick.
    Ya I know it happens to everyone, I think the important thing is to push through and not give up. Hopefully I'm not getting sick, I have been really tired lately though. I took a full day off on Sunday and enjoyed watching the Super Bowl even the the 49ers lost. Yesterday was chest day. After my workout I drove home and did my HIIT on the treadmill, then watched biggest loser. Opus is still working great and I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.

Bb bench press
    145x10x3

Superset with flat db flyes
    26'sx10x3

Incline db press
    40'sx10x3

Superset with incline db flyes
    25'sx10x3

Assisted dips
    -80x8
    -70x8x2

Machine press dropset to 40 reps x2
    TEAM DEMON

I should have taken a day off after SB too... haha that game was on late. Hope everyone feels better. Who's your pick for TBL?
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    I should have taken a day off after SB too... haha that game was on late. Hope everyone feels better. Who's your pick for TBL?
    Not really sure who's gonna win this year. For some reason this season isn't really drawing me in the way the last seasons have.

Weight: 247.2

I haven't been under 250 in 12 years so this is awesome, hopefully I can keep it rolling for the next 10 weeks of my cut, I would like to see 225 before we start to try and maintain/bulk. Opus is still kicking ass, the tonic I'm not sure if its doing anything but test boosters are hard to judge unless they for some reason make you a sex animal, which this has not. Still have at least a week left of Opus and about the same or a little more of tonic.

Yesterday was leg day and I just did not have it. My legs had been hurting all day and it affected my squats a lot. I also skipped cardio because of it which I will have to make up tomorrow morning at 2am. Ugh.

Squat
    145x12
    195x10
    235x4 drop to 215x4
    225x6

SLDL db used
    75'sx10
    85'sx10x2

Hack squat
    140x10x3

Lying leg curl
    110x12x2
    95x12

Leg extension
    145x15x3

Standing calf raise
    165x15
    185x12x2
    235x10x2
    TEAM DEMON

I understand what you mean about this season. I haven't been drawn in either like previously. Maybe that will change as it continues to progress.

CONGRATS on being under 250. Huge accomplishment. Looking forward to your continued success.
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM