Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Son makes Varsity...but it may be short lived

So we are in the gym yesterday and 2 of the varsity linemen (both seniors...one of them already has a scholarship commit)

Now...these guys are cool but they never talk to me or my son...they are usually all about business....we are too....not of lot of talking just lifting (or swimming)

So yesterday they walk up to my son...ask him his name and if he is a freshman and tell him that they were present when the Varsity coaches had decided they were moving my son up to varsity this upcoming season

This of course....is exactly what he has been working for. The PROBLEM is that these coaches don't know about my sons knee problem.

I feel like I am failing him to.....I am fairly certain that scope surjury is going to be required to clean out his knee and my HMO is just dragging their damn feet....FIVE MONTHS since the injury and still knee pain. First he is going to need another consultation, then another MRI, then the Scope, then it will probably be about 6 weeks before he can start get his legs back into shape again strength wise.....before you know it will be time for summer camps.

The other frustrating thing is the kid can do everything else but sprint with no pain.....he has no pain doing any lifts, jogging, jumping (he made the varsity volleyball team just trying to stay busy and he has never even played it before) I just am not understanding the medical part of this being able to do most everything with no problem but having "pressure" behind the kneecap when sprinting.........

Sorry...just venting

cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd61 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tough luck man. I know a few kids that really can't do much in the offseason because of knee injuries. They do what they can and focus on the other areas that they can improve (like upper body strength). If this is any consolation my friend tore his hip flexor off the bone around this time and was sidelined until late may. He took care of the problem, had the surgery, did the rehab, etc. He was upset but kept pushing through and worked hard to keep in shape through upper body lifting and gradually built up what he could do until he was full strength. He was slated to start the next season before his injury and was pushed to the back end of the depth chart for camp. After camp and our pre-season scrimmage, he won the spot. He had a great season and is now at a D1 school. I know this is a comletely different story with a different injury, but maybe if you guys take care of the problem now he will be good to go by the summer and can focus on the task at hand. Best of Luck.

macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macknights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just because a coach says your sons on varsity in Febuary doesn't always mean it's final. Our coaches will do this often to motivate a player when it's sometimes not true. I hope that your son recovers well, something similiar happened to one of my friends who had a similiar chance of playing varsity.

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wait he made the volleyball team, but the coaches are telling him he is varsity o line material as a freshman? two different athletes, two different body types?

NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NueveUno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no he said the varsity o-lineman were notified he was getting moved up and told him and his son...

cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassie121 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well if he is a freshman don't worry too much. He has plenty of time to play. Take care of it as soon as possible but let him heal up before working out again.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and couragous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9 NIV

SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpyWizard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aflutop

or

"Tendon structure:

Tendons consist of tightly packed bundles of collagen fibres"
    link: http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce... 67&O=Generic
    --------

"A normal ligament consists of:

90% Type 1 collagen
    9% Type 3 collagen
    1% fibroblast cells (the cells that produce collagen)"
    Link: http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/s.../ligaments.php
    --------

"Adequan contains a molecule called polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. Basically, what this does is two things:

1) it helps rebuild the cartilage - the cushion is not gone forever, and the cat or dog (Or human can rebuild it. However, it needs the raw materials, and polysulfated glycosaminoglycan is one of those.

2) it stops the destruction of cartilage by other enzymes. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, which stops both the pain of arthritis and the additional damage that inflammation can cause"

"adequan signifigantly increases the natural collagen repair process.

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SpyWizard View Post
    Aflutop

or

"Tendon structure:

Tendons consist of tightly packed bundles of collagen fibres"
    link: http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proce... 67&O=Generic
    --------

"A normal ligament consists of:

90% Type 1 collagen
    9% Type 3 collagen
    1% fibroblast cells (the cells that produce collagen)"
    Link: http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/s.../ligaments.php
    --------

"Adequan contains a molecule called polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. Basically, what this does is two things:

1) it helps rebuild the cartilage - the cushion is not gone forever, and the cat or dog (Or human can rebuild it. However, it needs the raw materials, and polysulfated glycosaminoglycan is one of those.

2) it stops the destruction of cartilage by other enzymes. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, which stops both the pain of arthritis and the additional damage that inflammation can cause"

"adequan signifigantly increases the natural collagen repair process.

Right now he is taking Triflex Chews from the gnc store......since I dont know much about this what is the difference between what he is taking and adequan.....and where do you find it?

He is also taking Extend, Protein, and a multivitamin