Puck1pa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Master trainer ??

What is a Master Trainer? Don't the require additional certification and education? LA Fitness just promotes people to Master Trainer with no additional certifications and education and raises our fee in mid contract. Is this allowed? Seems really strange. I really like my trainer and want to stay with him, but he isn't a 'Master' trainer, just best buddys with the GM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cant do that if you have a training session contract/agreement,so many sessions for X amount.
    I suspect you dont have this type of contract.
    You should look over all the fine details in the contract you signed especiallly the section regarding personal training.
    I would bet somewhere in it says they have the right to do that.
    A chain gym can do whatever they want as far as trainers go,it's their bussiness.
    A master trainer in my eyes should have many years of hands on training under their belt and tried most of the things you are putting your client through.
    JMO thats what i have done.
    Just because you have a PT cert doesn't necessarily make you good trainer.
    Experience and knowledge go a long way.

Puck1pa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read my contract and it does not state anything about a Master Trainer and fee increase at all. I have researched it, and you are correct, master Trainers have years experience, attend more classes, education and certifications, not just a popular trainer that the Gm likes, I'm definately going to look into it, Thanks

Timmothygaskin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm a master trainer

To be a master trainer just means that your knowledge of fitness is beyond personal training. A master trainer knows and can be verified that he or she is educated and can evaluate, and demonstrate any aspect of fitness. in other word look at a master trainer as a Dr in the field of fitness.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont be swayed by names. master trainer is a bogus term that is meaningless. Here is my review of what a master trainer is. how many of them can answer the questions I ask them here - not many

http://www.joe-cannon.com/master-personal-trainer/
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    Dont be swayed by names. master trainer is a bogus term that is meaningless. Here is my review of what a master trainer is. how many of them can answer the questions I ask them here - not many

This.

Just marketing hoopla to try to separate one trainer from the other. Potential clients don't know what it means or what the difference is between them and a trainer that advertises themselves as just a regular trainer. To most, it's "all the same".

End of the day, if someone's a good trainer and knows what they're doing either way, the client will eventually know.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post

I'm going to have an attempt at answering the questions in this post. BTW, I've never called myself a "master" personal trainer.

1. Your client’s legs cramp every time he/she walks for more than a few minutes. What might you suspect?
    Could be shin splints/anterior compartment syndrome, but at that rapid onset I'd be more likely to think PVD (peripheral vascular disease).

2. Your client complains that their muscles are extremely sore immediately after exercise. What’s might you suspect?
    Could be an injury. If it's one acute spot, a muscle tear is possible, if it's a broader area it could be a muscle spasm. Could also be an inadequate supply of blood to the muscles (just like anterior compartment syndrome and PVD above).

3. Your female client, who runs marathons, confides that she’s missed 3 menstrual cycles in a row -and she’s not pregnant. What might you suspect?
    How old is she? 40+? Maybe she's just hit that stage in life. Younger? There's a lot of things that could cause amenorrhea (sp?), but most of them boil down to the hormones not doing what they're supposed to. Could be that she's malnourished, could be that her bodyfat% has dropped too low, could be PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), just off the top of my head.

4. Your client tells you that their A1c level is 9. What’s that and what does it mean?
    I'm not going to pretend to know what that is. What it means is something medical, so maybe I should be talking to their doctor about it.

How'd I go?
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know at 24 hour fitness the Master trainers have to have 3+ valid certifications along with trained i believe 2250 sessions. While I dont believe this will make you a "Master Trainer" I do believe that it would sad to say nonetheless though separate them from most other trainers. As far as fees increasing mid contract at LA Fitness I believe that is wrong and almost illegal. Thats somewhat like purchasing a car for 10,000 and half way through payments they decide now they want 12,500 for the car. WTF?
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress