SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000)

Do you train at the gym you work at?

I currently do but I seem to be losing motivation and not pushing myself hard enough as when I'm working out I feel like im still at work. Im not getting the same pump anymore as to when I didnt work at this gym.
    Do you guys train at another gym from the one you work at or stick to your work place?

Get stronger every day DatdereCT's Avatar
    DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes I work out at the gym where I work. It certainly helps potential clients see you workout...so they could gauge their potential workouts and see that you know what you are doing.

I don't think I'd want to train at another gym just because I've built some relationships with the people who I see on a daily basis and enjoy talking to them and having them refer me to their friends who need training too.
    NASM-CPT

Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot accomplish your goals.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its a personal preference.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eekwipped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don't..i work at a fitness studio so there isn't much stuff and usually someone being trained..
    so i go to goodlife. i get better motivation

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DatdereCT View Post
    Yes I work out at the gym where I work. It certainly helps potential clients see you workout...so they could gauge their potential workouts and see that you know what you are doing.

I don't think I'd want to train at another gym just because I've built some relationships with the people who I see on a daily basis and enjoy talking to them and having them refer me to their friends who need training too.
    This can be a pro or a con to some people. I want to be left alone when I'm training myself, so I have another gym membership in order to be anonymous and not have people asking questions or interrupting during a workout.

MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm of the same mind as woofienugget...
    i prefer working out at a different gym than my work gym. it still feels like i'm on the clock when i exercise at my work gym.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    This can be a pro or a con to some people. I want to be left alone when I'm training myself, so I have another gym membership in order to be anonymous and not have people asking questions or interrupting during a workout.
    This.

Regular members have no idea when you're "working the floor" as a part of a normal shift, and when you are just there to do your own thing in your own time. Even if you take off the work uniform and just wear your normal workout gear, they don't understand, and will still feel as if the service is available since you're still in the workplace and they know you work there. They'll still ask questions, ask you to do something work-related, get all social and extend your rest periods etc., because most know no different.

I personally train at a more hardcore gym, outside of my regular schedule (usually day times when i don't make myself available to train anyone, or late nights), so that most of these members at this other gym will just keep to themselves because they themselves have the same intensity/goals/workout style. Not to mention the equipment and atmosphere issue, as most of our PT studios are not designed for our bodybuilding needs.

I have no problem with friendly social people, but there's a time and a place. When i train myself, i don't want to talk to anybody or have focus shifted for example. So i anticipate what WILL happen, and take myself out of that environment so it doesn't happen.

Our PT studio is not really a bodybuilding heaven, so me training there anyway isn't exactly a "client-getter" or would attract much business in that respect.

Depends on your own goals and the workout needed to be done. Some you can do at work (cardio for example), but other ones you'll struggle to take yourself away from "work mode".
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Registered User heavykettlebell's Avatar
    heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SKHorne View Post
    I currently do but I seem to be losing motivation and not pushing myself hard enough as when I'm working out I feel like im still at work. Im not getting the same pump anymore as to when I didnt work at this gym.
    Do you guys train at another gym from the one you work at or stick to your work place?
    Yup I love my gym. Big box gym in concord, ca
    Deadlift 573lbs August 2014
    Bench Press 305lbs (December 2013)
    Squat 429lbs Feb 2014
    Overhead Press 200lbs (October 2013)
    Power Clean 195lbs (December 2013)
    Snatch 155lbs (Feb 2014)

http://www.YouTube.com/RyanSaplanPT
    http://www.Instagram.com/RyanSaplan

strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This^

until i was the fitness manager and then i couldnt take it anymore because people had the nerve to interrupt my workouts

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    HELL NO.. haha

i'm there all day.. i can't flip the switch and turn into beast mode haha..

but my gym isn't good enough anyways.. db's only go to 85.. no squat rack... not ok
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMPT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do... that way I could save money and not only that, it is efficient too. I don't have to drive away to a different location and waste gas. Once I'm done training my clients, I hit the stacks and go home. It motivates clients to see their trainer busting his too...

Train Hard!
    BMPT21

tiger975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Train at work

I do train at the gym i work. It is a great way to market yourself!
    Last edited by tiger975; 11-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    Regular members have no idea when you're "working the floor" as a part of a normal shift, and when you are just there to do your own thing in your own time. Even if you take off the work uniform and just wear your normal workout gear, they don't understand, and will still feel as if the service is available since you're still in the workplace and they know you work there. They'll still ask questions, ask you to do something work-related, get all social and extend your rest periods etc., because most know no different.
    I find this isn't so, perhaps because there's always someone on duty, so members will approach the person in uniform rather than the one who's not. It's different if it's one of the members I've given routines to, but I find they usually respect my time and keep it brief.

It's very good for getting PT clients. People are impressed less by your physique, the weights you lift or speed you run, and more by the simple fact that you're in there making an effort and doing the same things you prescribe to members and clients. You're more approachable, you're someone in there doing the work rather than just a person in uniform issuing orders.

If I were training for a competition it'd be different. But since I'm just training for health, that a rest period becomes 5 minutes instead of 2, or that I do 4 sets instead of 5, this is not important. Time might be an issue if I were trying to squeeze a workout in with just a half-hour break between clients, but I rarely do that anyway, I like a clear hour.

The only time I don't train in my work gym is when I have a PT myself, so I go wherever they are. Unfortunately I don't have one at the moment though.
    Originally Posted by SKHorne
    I seem to be losing motivation and not pushing myself hard enough as when I'm working out I feel like im still at work. Im not getting the same pump anymore as to when I didnt work at this gym.
    You should probably get yourself a PT.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I find this isn't so, perhaps because there's always someone on duty, so members will approach the person in uniform rather than the one who's not. It's different if it's one of the members I've given routines to, but I find they usually respect my time and keep it brief.

It's very good for getting PT clients. People are impressed less by your physique, the weights you lift or speed you run, and more by the simple fact that you're in there making an effort and doing the same things you prescribe to members and clients. You're more approachable, you're someone in there doing the work rather than just a person in uniform issuing orders.
    lol Yeah we don't have too much manpower here at this studio so member's often just approach anyone, hence why it's too tough to do a proper lifting session in your own time at my studio for example. Even if it's one of your clients, say in the situation you're not on a shift and you're just doing your own thing, that's the annoying part of training at your workplace.

But like i said, some PT studios aren't exactly hardcore weightlifting gyms, so the clientele that would be seeing you train, isn't reflective necessarily of the way you train others. Some might even get the wrong idea and that you'd train THEM the way you train yourself (which as we know, isn't what happens). Noobs often get intimidated by seeing trainer's train balls out and get scared off (instead of motivated and interested in exercise, as you'd think).

Approachable isn't half of it, because in this case you don't WANT to be approachable if you're in the midst of training yourself. Some people are more serious with their training than others granted. If it's a light/casual session where one isn't too serious with their training etc. then yeah, training at work is cool.

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes and No. I get to meet and help potential clients plus it is really easy and convenient to squeeze in a work out when you have a 2 hour break between clients at your work. I do get interrupted quiet a bit by clients, members, or coworkers with questions or calls for me. I also work out quiet a bit at the gym by my house on m y off days or when I didnt have time at work to work out. I think its important to work out at the gym you train at so people see your face more and know that you practice what you preach.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ive done it both ways
    to me pros of training there:
    1) more interaction with potential clients
    2) potentially having a crew around the looks up to you could be motivating
    cons
    1) easier to be distracted and interupted
    2) sometimes if youre the strongest one its less motivating and its more motivating to go to another gym where people are more fit than you in whatever apsects of fitness you strive for.

maybe mix it up - less intense workouts do there for the benfits listed above and more intense workouts go elsewhere. up to you.
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This can work against you as well. If you are training hard some people may be intimidated by you and not want to work with you as you will be too mean/hard on them.

Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    This.

I personally train at a more hardcore gym, outside of my regular schedule (usually day times when i don't make myself available to train anyone, or late nights), so that most of these members at this other gym will just keep to themselves because they themselves have the same intensity/goals/workout style. Not to mention the equipment and atmosphere issue, as most of our PT studios are not designed for our bodybuilding needs.

I have no problem with friendly social people, but there's a time and a place. When i train myself, i don't want to talk to anybody or have focus shifted for example. So i anticipate what WILL happen, and take myself out of that environment so it doesn't happen.

Our PT studio is not really a bodybuilding heaven, so me training there anyway isn't exactly a "client-getter" or would attract much business in that respect.

Depends on your own goals and the workout needed to be done. Some you can do at work (cardio for example), but other ones you'll struggle to take yourself away from "work mode".
    agree with simmo here. When working in a larger gym, I used to workout there and it was annoying when people would come and tell me in the middle of sets that the water filter was empty. Now i have my own studio I train elsewhere.

1. Becuase its a private studio and there is stuff going on all day
    2. I dont want a middle aged housewife who is already worried about training coming in when I'm pumped and sweating.
    3. I need to separate work from play.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes I train myself at my studio. Because I already pay for it and its better equipped for my powerlifting goals than any big box gym.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PerFit View Post
    When working in a larger gym, I used to workout there and it was annoying when people would come and tell me in the middle of sets that the water filter was empty.
    Honestly this rarely happens to me. When I am on duty I tend to knock them back when they come up with bullsht, I just say I'm busy and will attend to it later, they stop asking.

Or maybe I'm just ugly.

schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do since I've just started working as a PT and I want some extra time to market myself off to people. I have to start looking friendlier because I know I look like I'm angry when I'm working out since I'm pretty just focused on that and nothing else.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Honestly this rarely happens to me. When I am on duty I tend to knock them back when they come up with bullsht, I just say I'm busy and will attend to it later, they stop asking.
    And then it reflects badly on the business cos it looks like the quality of service isn't there. Double edged sword and you can't win, sorta situation.