xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body Solid GPR378 vs Bodycraft F430

I'm looking for some recent comments on these two racks. I don't plan on getting any attachments at this point. I just want something sturdy that gets the job done well, is affordable, and I will keep for a long time.

It looks like the Bodycraft has gone up significantly in price over the past couple years. From some old threads it looks like it went from around $400 and now it sells for $700. The Body Solid is in the $550 range and I heard I may be able to get a significant discount from Fitness Factory. Can anyone confirm this? I would like to pay around $400 or less...

Thoughts on the racks?
    wannagoheavy: This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no experience with it, but the Valor BD-11 is only $439 shipped....

http://www.rockbottomfitness.com/val...ower-rack.html

This X-Mark rack is in that price range a swell, comes with dip handles, and the lower rear crossbar is set back a bit for some extra foot/bench clearance.

http://www.amazon.com/XMark-Fitness-...rds=power+rack
    Last edited by Stasher1; 11-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the post! Personally I have never heard of either of those companies though. Are they reputable?

I just got off the phone with a vendor and they're selling the Body Solid GPR378 brand new for $399. Is this a steal? Is it the best bang for my buck? I need something so would this be best?

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xyeLz View Post
    Thanks for the post! Personally I have never heard of either of those companies though. Are they reputable?

I just got off the phone with a vendor and they're selling the Body Solid GPR378 brand new for $399. Is this a steal? Is it the best bang for my buck? I need something so would this be best?
    I have the gpr378 floor model and got it shipped to my house for 430 from Fitness factory I believe and it is solid and I can highly recommend it.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

Thx heavy. Anyone else? Im gonna buy tonight unless anyone objects?

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was some discussion about this yesterday... price seems right I guess.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149389823
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's your money. None of us is going to object. We might, however, second guess or criticize!
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    It's your money. None of us is going to object. We might, however, second guess or criticize!

True...but that won't change, regardless what you buy. It's just the way things are around here.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    True...but that won't change, regardless what you buy. It's just the way things are around here.
    Its all 'constructive'.

OP, at the price the BS is going for right now I would choose it over any other rack. For the money I think its as solid as you'll get.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()