Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guys, the Groupon is back if anyone is interested. Seems like a pretty good deal.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

Shane7518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ACEthetics View Post
    I also just took the exam and passed (second try). I agree with everything this guy said^. STUDY THE SAMPLE TEST! Don't assume you'll pass it just because you've been lifting for X amount of years.
    Ok I have a question about the Exam. I keep hearing it's a Multiple Choice exam but the Study Guide and Sample Exam are not Mult. Choice. What's the truth? If it really is Mult. choice what is the format? Is it like a question and then choose a,b,c,or d? Thanks!

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, I just took the NCCPT exam a couple weeks ago. Our GM got all us signed up for the PT exam (through Smart Fitness University) because it was a cheaper route for them to pay for our CEUs.

It's a A-D exam, questions are on par and similar to the ACE exam. 140 questions, 2 hours to complete. A person with a good base knowledge in Anatomy and Kinestheology should be able to pass with ease. The fact that they are NCCA accredited is a plus since many of our trainers in our gym are ISSA certified. The test is ~60% anatomy and mechanics, ~25% Nutrition, ~10 business and policy, ~5% reminding you not to have sex with your clients or asking them what stocks to invest in...

Also, a good test taker can pass the exam. Most questions are set up to be one "throw away answer", one "meh...", and two "OK Answers." If you know basic anatomy, nutrition (Calories, Macro & Micro nutrients), the difference between an Agonist and Antagonist, the Karvonen Formula, and not to have sex with your clients you should have no problem.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

RodneyHamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Well, I just took the NCCPT exam a couple weeks ago. Our GM got all us signed up for the PT exam (through Smart Fitness University) because it was a cheaper route for them to pay for our CEUs.

It's a A-D exam, questions are on par and similar to the ACE exam. 140 questions, 2 hours to complete. A person with a good base knowledge in Anatomy and Kinestheology should be able to pass with ease. The fact that they are NCCA accredited is a plus since many of our trainers in our gym are ISSA certified. The test is ~60% anatomy and mechanics, ~25% Nutrition, ~10 business and policy, ~5% reminding you not to have sex with your clients or asking them what stocks to invest in...

Also, a good test taker can pass the exam. Most questions are set up to be one "throw away answer", one "meh...", and two "OK Answers." If you know basic anatomy, nutrition (Calories, Macro & Micro nutrients), the difference between an Agonist and Antagonist, the Karvonen Formula, and not to have sex with your clients you should have no problem.
    Thanks for the info! I am studying for the exam, just starting to tackle the anatomy part right now. How detailed do I need to study this section? Do I need to know the origins/insertions/actions/innervations of every chart in the book, or do I just need to focus on the major muscles? Thanks

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RodneyHamp View Post
    Thanks for the info! I am studying for the exam, just starting to tackle the anatomy part right now. How detailed do I need to study this section? Do I need to know the origins/insertions/actions/innervations of every chart in the book, or do I just need to focus on the major muscles? Thanks
    Know your basic anatomy (scientific names and locations of muscles and bones). I do not remember any origin/insertion questions on the exam. You will need to know agonist, synergist, and antagonists for several questions.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

RodneyHamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Know your basic anatomy (scientific names and locations of muscles and bones). I do not remember any origin/insertion questions on the exam. You will need to know agonist, synergist, and antagonists for several questions.
    Thanks a lot. I won't kill myself studying all of that then. I'll make sure to get everything else down first, then go over the origins/insertions. Thanks again!

Samuelhgold13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile NCCPT Certification

I got a cert from NCCPT on groupon. Could not be happier with the results, I got a lot of study materials and a practice test. I was also able to get insurance without any issues. If you are thinking of doing a cert and want to do private personal training then do it. I have been making extra money on the side since January training and have not run into a single problem.

EdwardEsparza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Nccpt

Originally Posted by GlamourPuss1980 View Post
    Hi,
    There is a groupon for classes and the test with the National Council of Certified Personal Trainer for 70% off. Does anyone have any feedback about this program. The price is right, but I want to see if this a good program.
    I Work at the NCCPT if anyone has any questions about becoming a Certified personal trainer feel free and call me at (800) 778 6060 Ext 2773 my name is Edward and id be happy to help you guys out.

Edward Esparza
    The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers
    Future Fit, Inc.
    3481 Old Conejo Rd.
    Suite 102
    Newbury Park, CA 91320
    800-778-6060 Ext. 2773
    EddieL@.com

********.com/NCCPT
    Twitter.com/NCCPT

DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DefyIsHuge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've had this cert for a while now and it's done fine by me. Study, study, study and you will be fine.
    NASM- CPT, CES, PES.

Pursuing degree in Health Care Admin.

Training consultant to Paramount Studios.

malibu2989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Have One of These Certifications

This Certification was my first. When I got hired by Work Out World they did not require you to have a Personal Trainer Certification but gave you 90 days from the day you got hired to receive the certification they paid for you to have. During that 90 days until you pass the test you are not allowed to train any clients but are allowed to make sales and get floor hours and receive hands on training from the managers and other trainers to learn how to work on the floor because unfortunately there are no hands on training required by the NCCPT Certification.

As to whether or not the certification is credible, YES it is it has been recognized by the NCCA which is the governing body for what certifications are nationally recognized. After working in the business now for 2 years I have acquired a few more certifications as well as NASM. As far as information wise I give the NCCPT 4.5 out of 5 stars because I feel there are thing I learned from other certifications that weren't covered in the NCCPT certification. To say that one certification is 100% better than the others is not something that can be said it all comes down to which certification has been heard of more than the others basically making it a popularity contest. As long as you stick with 1 of the 11(I believe) NCCA certifications you should be able to land a good job and be on your way to having a successful career in personal training.

All in all definitely not a waste to get the NCCPT Certification. Contrary to what others are saying about getting a groupon Certification can't be good. And again if you have questions about any Certifications in the future refer to the NCCA.

jennaharrison1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bought this course from the Groupon I saw, and I have to say it is the WORST program. There are grammatical errors and the videos skip around so much. The videos look like they were shot in someone's living room with a sheet hung up behind them as a backdrop. Such a waste. Obviously, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Kraverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll be taking the NCCPT test in about a week. I'm a little nervous yet excited.

nikkisher89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

joke

WHAT a COMPLETE waste of money and time the test questions had absolutely nothing to do with what they prepared you on For It!!!

wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nikkisher89 View Post
    WHAT a COMPLETE waste of money and time the test questions had absolutely nothing to do with what they prepared you on For It!!!
    So how'd you do? I see it's back on livingsocial. They must be raking it on from the coupon sites.
    "I developed little areas no one else had, but I took a long time to do it.
    If there is one thing that distinguishes me from other bodybuilders, it's that I'm not in any kind of hurry."
    ~Frank Zane

witib03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So this appears back on Groupon. To those that have purchased and completed, are actually training people now?? I'm on the fence about the training and also considering ACE program. I saw two comments above negative, but they each only had made one post, so I'm thinking they are fake.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by witib03 View Post
    So this appears back on Groupon. To those that have purchased and completed, are actually training people now?? I'm on the fence about the training and also considering ACE program. I saw two comments above negative, but they each only had made one post, so I'm thinking they are fake.
    I think the important thing to do is find out what certifications are accepted at he gyms in your area that you want to work at. If this one is accepted, then go for it.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    For anyone saying that the program looks like they offer great material, or is intensive, what is your reference point? Have you done any other certifications?
    A valid question I guess, but I don't have to have looked at other certs' materials to know that the NSCA both offers great material and is intensive. The increase in my knowledge is proof enough of that.
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50) soren_xavier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jennaharrison1 View Post
    I bought this course from the Groupon I saw, and I have to say it is the WORST program. There are grammatical errors and the videos skip around so much. The videos look like they were shot in someone's living room with a sheet hung up behind them as a backdrop. Such a waste. Obviously, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
    Grammatical errors, skipping problems (probably your computer or Internet connection), or low production values are not a good reason to say a program is the "WORST." What about the actual content?
    "I must find the truth which is true for me; the truth for which I can live and die." -- Soren Kierkegaard

johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,
    There is a groupon for classes and the test with the National Council of Certified Personal Trainer for 70% off. Does anyone have any feedback about this program. The price is right, but I want to see if this a good program.
    This is a fantastic program. One of the best out there>

johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

NCCPT Certification

Originally Posted by Shane7518 View Post
    Ok I have a question about the Exam. I keep hearing it's a Multiple Choice exam but the Study Guide and Sample Exam are not Mult. Choice. What's the truth? If it really is Mult. choice what is the format? Is it like a question and then choose a,b,c,or d? Thanks!
    The Sample Test and Study Guide are not multiple choice by design. Students retain information better when processing it through writing. Writing is a very important aspect of our learning process. The idea is that if you can remember the information from your mind, then when doing the final exam, you would easily recognize the correct answer.

The final exam is 140 questions --- Multiple Choice

Hi,
    Great program! How do I know. I've gone through more personal training certifications than any human alive.
    Here's the list:
    AAHFP > American Academy of Health and Fitness Professionals > Post-Rehab
    Conditioning Specialist
    AAHFP> Medical Exercise Specialist Cert. # 4JP6-97
    AFPA > American Fitness Professional & Associates - Member ID. 3203c
    AIFE > American Institute Fitness Educators
    ACE >American Council on Exercise >Personal Trainer
    ACE > Clinical Exercise Specialist, Certified Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist
    ACSM > Health and Fitness Director - cert.# 190 ACSM ID #539922
    AFAA > Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
    ANA > American Neutraceutical Association/DSHEA/Dietary Supplement Health &
    Education Act
    California State Post Secondary Vocational Instructor/- Cert. No: 127385
    Cooper Institute > Health Promotion Director
    CHEK Institute > Completed Care Conditioning, Program Design and Scientific Back correspondence courses
    CREA > Certified Resistance Equipment Analyst- Resistance University
    FITOUR > Primary Personal Trainer
    FITOUR > Advanced Personal Trainer
    ISSA > International Sports Sciences Association > Personal Trainer
    IYCA > International Youth Fitness Association >Youth Fitness Specialist Level 1
    GMP Fitness > Postural Analysis and Development Specialist
    MAD DOGG Athletics > Johnny G. Spinning Instructor
    NASM > National Academy of Sport s Medicine - Personal Trainer - cert #1339604
    NASM > Personal Trainer Advanced Level - cert. #4998132
    NASM > Advanced Integrated Flexibility,
    NASM > Corrective Exercise Specialist - cert # 178499
    NBFE > National Board of Fitness Examiners – Personal Trainer
    NCCPT > National Council For Certified Personal Trainers
    NCCPT > Cardio Specialist,
    NCCPT > Post-Rehab Fitness Specialist - cert. # PRHS-0001
    NCCPT > Weight Management Specialist
    NCSF > National Council of Strength and Fitness
    NFPT > National Federation of Professional Trainers
    NSCA > National Strength and Conditioning Association - cert. #16710296
    NSCA > Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
    NSPA > Certified Conditioning Specialist
    Red Cross > CPR and First Aid instructor
    RTSM > (Resistance Training Specialist- Mastery level) - Resistance University –
    cert . # 02-M-16
    Senior Fitness Association > Personal Trainer
    USA Weightlifting > Club Coach

Originally Posted by jennaharrison1 View Post
    Jenna,

All the materials were updated in September of 2013.

Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    For anyone saying that the program looks like they offer great material, or is intensive, what is your reference point? Have you done any other certifications?
    It's a kick ass cert> I know because i've done these certs;
    Conditioning Specialist
    ACE > Clinical Exercise Specialist, Certified Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist
    Education Act
    CHEK Institute > Completed Care Conditioning, Program Design and Scientific Back correspondence courses
    IYCA > International Youth Fitness Association >Youth Fitness Specialist Level 1
    RTSM > (Resistance Training Specialist- Mastery level) - Resistance University –
    cert . # 02-M-16

Originally Posted by Shane7518 View Post
    It's multiple choice.

Hi,
    Great Cert. I know. I've gone through all these certs so i know by personal experience:
    Conditioning Specialist
    Education Act
    cert . # 02-M-16

rainieanne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Groupon NCCPT

For those of you who purchased and completed the Groupon NCCPT offer, Is the study guide they offer enough to prepare you for the exam? I'm a PTA, and it just feels like there must be more . . . Like I'm missing something. I've watched the lectures, but there is WAY more info in the lectures than in the study guide. Someone help me out, please! Thank you

rainieanne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Study material

Also, I see a lot of you talking about study material. Did they send you stuff? Or are you talking about the stuff on the site that you can print out for yourself?

drewcouch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pretty solid cert. I'm certified through nsca,afpa and issa. My gym offered nccpt for free so I jumped on it. Depending on your future plans I would probably go with issa or nasm. They're more widely accepted and both have a lot specialization certs. Nccpt is a fine cert but when you talking about a potential career don't go cheap ,spring for the top and most highly regarded certs

FinallyFit23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys - this offer is live again on Living Social. It's going for about $100 - is it worth the investment? If not, what do you guys think is the most credible? I don't wish to blow the $100 if it's nonsense...but I'd hate to spend over $500 and get the same result. Help me out

Hamed02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeyH83 View Post
    I did it. You can't beat that price if you can pass the taste you're certified. I did my research, it's not a very well known certification. But every chain gym in my area accepts it for their trainers. So I see it as a sound investment.
    That's a very kind review, thank you.