JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dead lifting preventing golfers elbow?

Forgive me if this post is in the wrong thread.

A couple of years ago, I started getting golfers elbow in both of my arms. I took some time off, some anti inflammatories, and I was good to go. That was the last time I had problem I had with it, until this past week. Now, over the last two years, my routine and supplements have changed. I took fish oil forever, but got off of it a couple months ago. I don't really have a reason, I shouldn't have stopped taking it, but that's beside the fact. I have also been dead lifting the entire time, always at the beginning of back/bicep day. I took a break from dead lifting three weeks ago, and last week the golfers elbow came back in my left arm. Could the stretch I was getting in my arms from the dead lifting have been helping to prevent the golfers elbow this whole time? It seems that it would help, and the fact that the pain didn't come back until I stopped dead lifting seems like too much of a coincidence. Would the lack of fish oil also contribute to the pain coming back as well? I know I can just add dead lifting and fish oil back into my routine(when the pain has stopped) to answer my question, but I like to get the info out there for anyone who may know.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just throwing it out there... golfers elbow is merely the medial epicondyle tendon becoming inflamed due tears in the tendon, I don't follow the logic that the deadlift would prevent this from happening.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Xuaxace View Post
    Just throwing it out there... golfers elbow is merely the medial epicondyle tendon becoming inflamed due tears in the tendon, I don't follow the logic that the deadlift would prevent this from happening.
    Well if you're stressing it with heavy weight in a controlled manner you'll eventually strengthen it. Maybe by strengthening it with weight training it'll be more resilient during golf.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not actually playing golf. I'm lifting. I'm just wondering if the stretch in my arms from the dead lift could be warming up my arms enough to prevent the damage during the rest of my workout.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    I'm not actually playing golf. I'm lifting. I'm just wondering if the stretch in my arms from the dead lift could be warming up my arms enough to prevent the damage during the rest of my workout.
    Highly doubt it.

Physiotherapy instagram

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get a forearm trainer and work on your grip. Completely fixed the issue for me. I understand it's often due to a grip strength imbalance in pulling movements.

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is causing your tennis elbow?

Highly doubt it.
    I figured. The timing of when I stopped dead lifting and my pain coming back just seemed to suspicious to me.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Get a forearm trainer and work on your grip. Completely fixed the issue for me. I understand it's often due to a grip strength imbalance in pulling movements.
    Grip has always been a bit of a issue for me. Good advice. I'll have to look into it, even if it's something like holding 100lb dumb bells for periods of time.

Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    I figured. The timing of when I stopped dead lifting and my pain coming back just seemed to suspicious to me.

Grip has always been a bit of a issue for me. Good advice. I'll have to look into it, even if it's something like holding 100lb dumb bells for periods of time.
    farmer walks > better than static holds IMO. Great full body exercise too.

Physiotherapy instagram

farmer walks > better than static holds IMO. Great full body exercise too.
    Good idea. I may as well work as much as I can. I've always been a fan of compounds anyway.

Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitchem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try some USP Labs Super Cissus for it on a supplement front. I have constant issues with my elbows and after taking that for a month the pain went away. It works extremely well....only problem is that it is quite expensive. If my elbows are really kicking up a fuss, I will stay away from any Bicep movements for a couple of weeks. Any sort of curling movement (for me anyway) seems to start my elbow pain again.

Originally Posted by Aitchem View Post
    Try some USP Labs Super Cissus for it on a supplement front. I have constant issues with my elbows and after taking that for a month the pain went away. It works extremely well....only problem is that it is quite expensive. If my elbows are really kicking up a fuss, I will stay away from any Bicep movements for a couple of weeks. Any sort of curling movement (for me anyway) seems to start my elbow pain again.
    Yeah, I haven't been to the gym this week because of it, but I can tell I won't be curling anything when I do go. Hopefully I can still hit chest, and I know I'll be able to stay on legs. I'm going to put up a golfers elbow/tennis elbow brace and give that a shot. Thanks for the supp recommendation. I will definitely look into it. Anything that helps.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Maybe. My grip strength is ridiculous, but I still get golfer's elbow flare-ups from time to time.

The key is to figure out what is causing it, and stop it. Imbalances are often a problem, but it could just as easily be an imbalance between the tricep and bicep as forearms.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    Maybe. My grip strength is ridiculous, but I still get golfer's elbow flare-ups from time to time.

The key is to figure out what is causing it, and stop it. Imbalances are often a problem, but it could just as easily be an imbalance between the tricep and bicep as forearms.
    I worked 13 hours last monday, 14 hours last tuesday and I had to pull another 12 hours thursday, so I left at 11 on wednesday and went nuts at the gym(Chest, back, legs and arms). I think I just over did it. I'm not used to that. I'm used to my three day spread(Mon, Wed, Fr). I strayed from it and it looks like I'm paying the price for it.

auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    I can vouch for that. I had a Tri/Bi imbalance from doing strictly indirect work for both. Bi's didn't respond to that as well as the Tri's did, which put constant stress on my inner elbow. Adding some curls "cured" my Golfer's Elbow in that sense. Difficult to say if something similar is OP's issue, but I wouldn't discount it.

I gave up on trying to lift heavy for the time being. I'm switching to high rep stuff for a couple months, and cutting a little. It's weird though, because I'm doing super sets of chest/back combos(stuff that my elbow feels comfortable with) and it's actually making my elbow feel better the next day. I can easily do high rep chest, but I can also do high rep back stuff as long as my palms aren't facing upwards without pain. Since starting this routine on Monday, my elbow has actually hurt less, which I find weird, but I'm happy about it.