MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

So.. First Time Doing Squats/ Deads.. Interesting Stuff!

That's right.. more of a newbie/ weakling than I ever thought before. That's okay. I'm officially down to 19% BF from 22% a month ago, and it's time to get my form down on these compound exercises so I can really begin a respectable lifting program.

Worked with a personal trainer for the first time as well, he had me do some basic squats, some bench press and some dead lifts. Then, shoulder press (which I've been doing on my own already for three weeks) and some hanging leg raises for core.

Definitely not used to the sort of hip/ knee movement needed for squats and dead lifts, so getting the form down will take some practice. And definitely feeling it in my hamstrings/ lower back. Quads were much weaker than I initially would have thought.

Overall a positive experience, I gotta start somewhere. Thanks to everyone who's posted information recommending these most essential of exercises. I definitely have my work cut out for me, but am determined to get my form down and build some strength while cutting down between 10-12% BF.

ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol I'm new to the big compound lifts as well, and I totally agree about the form. I'm still trying to get it down after a few weeks. In my previous ignorance I'd been avoiding the big lifts because I didn't really want to workout my legs; was in a bicep/ab/chest state of mind as many people, sadly, are. But I'm loving squats and deadlifts now, even more so than bench pressing probably. My legs are really weak too, so I'm glad I finally straightened up and got it right this time. Are you doing Starting Strength?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To gain more flexibility, buy a wooden dowel and practice at home, it also improves motor coordination and proper form from doing the movement over and over. At home depot or lowes its around 4 bucks for a 1" wooden dowel, VERY handy. The best part is it weighs nothing so you can do the movement without getting tired.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    To gain more flexibility, buy a wooden dowel and practice at home, it also improves motor coordination and proper form from doing the movement over and over. At home depot or lowes its around 4 bucks for a 1" wooden dowel, VERY handy. The best part is it weighs nothing so you can do the movement without getting tired.
    I still think my knees go slightly past my toes far to often. Been doing them for months but I have bad hip flexibility.

Push broom handle also works at home without weights.

MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MacDonald86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm on it. Thanks!