Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Running with the Demon- my long, long journey to the stage.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a long time and have pulled a lot of inspiration and information from everyone here. This is really the best community on theses forums that I have seen, everyone seems to genuinely care about everyone else. I am starting working with Stan from Team Demon in my quest to first lose the weight that I still have to lose(a lot!), then bulk, then prep for the stage. It's going to look like 6-9 months of continued cutting, followed by 1-2 years of bulking depending on how it goes, followed by however long Stan decides my prep needs to be. As you can see, I'm going to be around here for a while and anyone who wants to follow along with me, thank you.

I'll give the my history in short form as I tend to get long winded and don't need to bore anyone. I've been fat my entire life, even as a little kid. Senior year of high school I went from 295 to 235, got the girl I was after, and in the next 1 1/2 years before we got married ballooned back up to 280. Year and a month later we have my first daughter and I'm 320. Run the medifast program and lose 70lbs in 7 weeks. Over the next few years gain it all back and more. 3 years ago I weigh in one night after talking with my wife and I'm 342. Ouch! Proceed to lose 84 lbs to a low of 258 the right way through diet and exercise. My wife gets pregnant with our twin boys and stops working and we struggle for a while where I live off of ramen noodles and stop working out.

That gets me to my latest weight loss journey. Start of the year this year I weigh in at 354, double ouch. I decide we are going to go to Jamaica for our 10th anniversary and vow to lose weight before we go. Start out the same way I did it the last time through diet and exercise. I start off good and hit 310 before I wreck my back and gain back 20 while working with the chiropractor to fix me. That brings me to July and I'm getting close to my trip over thanksgiving and decide to do medifast again. I run that for 10 weeks and drop 63lbs. I then slowly brought my intake back up from 500cal to 2100 by adding 300cal a week.

That brings us to today. I weighed in for Stan yesterday at 254.4. So 100 lbs so far. Probably another 70-80 to go before we can start building my lbm back up. Seeing how ill be going to an all inclusive resort in 2 weeks Stan decided it was best to ramp up my calories the next 2 weeks before my trip to hopefully reset my metabolism. I'll be updating everyday with my diet and workout and any other musing I may have. Any questions or advice you have for me I would love to answer them.

Here's the only pic I have at my highest

Here are pics from this morning that I had to take for Stan. I have never posed before so these are my attempts at front side and back relaxed lol.

TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You know I'm in
    Your do great
    Well done for the progress already and for posting posing pictures

Good Luck
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

You John are gonna be a model for many many people here on just what you can accomplish with the right mindset and determination.

How far you have come thus far is amazing and u r no doubt a busy busy man with work and 4 young children.

Honored to have the opportunity to make your goals a reality and eventually get you onto the stage!

One thing though - isn't it customary to bring your coach to Jamaica with u? I mean I'm done competing in a week, just saying

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN for thisss BROTHA!!!! Already done TREMENDOUS work!!

Keep it up and excited to follow!
    advertising not permitted

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    You know I'm in
    Your do great
    Well done for the progress already and for posting posing pictures

Good Luck
    Thanks Dean, I appreciate it. You've been doing a great job as well and it feels great to be a part of Team Demon with you and everyone else.
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    You John are gonna be a model for many many people here on just what you can accomplish with the right mindset and determination.

How far you have come thus far is amazing and u r no doubt a busy busy man with work and 4 young children.

Honored to have the opportunity to make your goals a reality and eventually get you onto the stage!

One thing though - isn't it customary to bring your coach to Jamaica with u? I mean I'm done competing in a week, just saying
    Not sure how my wife would feel about that, or your wife for that matter lol. Seriously though, it's great to be working with you. I think we need to design some Team Demon t-shirts with so many guys in here with logs.
    TEAM DEMON

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    IN for thisss BROTHA!!!! Already done TREMENDOUS work!!

Keep it up and excited to follow!
    Thanks, it means a lot. I've been following your log for a while, very inspirational.
    TEAM DEMON

tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Not sure how my wife would feel about that, or your wife for that matter lol. Seriously though, it's great to be working with you. I think we need to design some Team Demon t-shirts with so many guys in here with logs.
    I second this!! An great job so far! You made a good decision going with Stan. No doubt you will make it on the stage in near future!
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

Originally Posted by tripleh210 View Post
    I second this!! An great job so far! You made a good decision going with Stan. No doubt you will make it on the stage in near future!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Well today is my first day on plan Demon, so far I've had 2 scoops of whey, 4tbs of natty pb, 5oz chicken and a cup of broccoli. I can't wait for my workout today, he's blasting my chest with some super sets and drop sets. Weights will be very light as I haven't done most of these exercises for a while and my chest is by far my weakest muscle group. Btw I start my day at 3am so I'm already 3 meals in to my day lol. Have a great day everyone!
    TEAM DEMON

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep us posted and take it slow on the workouts to start. Always smart to start relatively light when performing new or unfamiliar exercises to be sure to really get the feel down.

Very excited for you!

Keep us posted and take it slow on the workouts to start. Always smart to start relatively light when performing new or unfamiliar exercises to be sure to really get the feel down.

Very excited for you!
    Don't worry, I'll be taking it slow. My wife told me she'd kill me if I hurt myself before our trip lol.
    Last edited by curjo; 11-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    TEAM DEMON

First workout!

Well my first chest workout is in the books and I could barely put the lotion on my shoulders to tan afterwards.

10 min warmup on treadmill 200cal burn

Flat BB bench 115x10x3
    Superset with flat db flyes 15x10x3

Incline db press 40x10x1
    30x10x2
    Superset with incline db flyes 15x10x3

Assisted dips -150x8x3

Machine press drop set to 40reps x 2

After that I went tanning, drove home while downing my whey and finishing off my xtend. Then went down on my treadmill. Warmed up for 5 minutes, ran at 6.0 incline 5 for 5 minutes, then walked at 4.0 incline 15 for 10 minutes, up to 4.8 incline 15 for 5 minutes and back down to 3.5 incline 15 for the last 5. 588 cal burn.

My endurance for the 10 reps really needs to improve. It was definitely hard to get up those last few reps. By the time I hit the dips I was so spent I needed the entire stack to do them. And then when I got to the drop sets on the machine press I had to start with 65lbs lol. I might need my wife to wash my hair tomorrow lol.

Diet ended up at 2453 cal. 266p/161c/91f

Tomorrow, legs! Feel the burn!
    TEAM DEMON

Well my first chest workout is in the books and I could barely put the lotion on my shoulders to tan afterwards.

10 min warmup on treadmill 200cal burn

Flat BB bench 115x10x3
    Superset with flat db flyes 15x10x3

Incline db press 40x10x1
    30x10x2
    Superset with incline db flyes 15x10x3

Assisted dips -150x8x3

Machine press drop set to 40reps x 2

After that I went tanning, drove home while downing my whey and finishing off my xtend. Then went down on my treadmill. Warmed up for 5 minutes, ran at 6.0 incline 5 for 5 minutes, then walked at 4.0 incline 15 for 10 minutes, up to 4.8 incline 15 for 5 minutes and back down to 3.5 incline 15 for the last 5. 588 cal burn.

My endurance for the 10 reps really needs to improve. It was definitely hard to get up those last few reps. By the time I hit the dips I was so spent I needed the entire stack to do them. And then when I got to the drop sets on the machine press I had to start with 65lbs lol. I might need my wife to wash my hair tomorrow lol.

Diet ended up at 2453 cal. 266p/161c/91f

Tomorrow, legs! Feel the burn!
    Great work today! You will definitely adjust to the volume. The supersets and drop sets, well they are always going to be tough and are meant to be so Looking forward to your report out on chest DOMs tomorrow!

tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice work! Have you seen the documentary "i want to look like that guy?" Very inspirational film about an average guy who is busy with life an starts out a bit overweight. He works with a trainer and gets on stage in 6-8 months! (Forget exactly how long but under a year) check it out! Its on youtube
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

Nice work! Have you seen the documentary "i want to look like that guy?" Very inspirational film about an average guy who is busy with life an starts out a bit overweight. He works with a trainer and gets on stage in 6-8 months! (Forget exactly how long but under a year) check it out! Its on youtube
    Ya I've watched the whole thing, the funny thing is his message at the end is basically to not do it because it isn't sustainable. Good documentary but I'm not sure I agree with what he's trying to preach.
    TEAM DEMON

Ya I've watched the whole thing, the funny thing is his message at the end is basically to not do it because it isn't sustainable. Good documentary but I'm not sure I agree with what he's trying to preach.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly! I don't agree either but for the transformation, its quite inspirational.
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

Great work today! You will definitely adjust to the volume. The supersets and drop sets, well they are always going to be tough and are meant to be so Looking forward to your report out on chest DOMs tomorrow!
    Thanks Stan, the doms this morning aren't horrible. I can definatly feel that I worked them, but no horrible doms like when I first went back to squatting. The Xtend really helps me with the doms. Hope your foot feels better this morning!
    TEAM DEMON

Pre-workout meal is smashed, now time to go back to work for an hour and then off to kill my legs!
    TEAM DEMON

Just got home from the gym and voting and found some boxes at my door. Here's how my current stash looks right now.

I have to get to bed now ill update on today's workout tomorrow morning.

***not all of this was bought at the same time lol***
    TEAM DEMON

Just got home from the gym and voting and found some boxes at my door. Here's how my current stash looks right now.

I have to get to bed now ill update on today's workout tomorrow morning.
    Drooling over that kick ass stash you just got, wow! Investing in the future!

Again in yesterday's routine the volume did me in. Going from starting strength to this program is going to take some getting used to. I feel very weak by the end of the work out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I actually love that I feel like I worked the muscle group to the max!

Barbell squats-
    12x135
    10x155
    8x165
    6x165
    Hack squat-(new exercise for me)
    90x10
    90x8
    90x8
    Leg extensions-
    65x15
    65x15
    50x15
    Lying leg curls-
    85x12
    85x12
    85x12
    Stiff leg db deadlift
    35x15
    40x15
    40x15
    Seated calf raise-
    45x15
    45x12
    45x12
    45x10
    45x10
    Standing calf raise preformed on hack squat machine-
    90x15
    70x12
    70x12
    Bwx10
    Bwx10

30 minutes recumbent bike intervals level 6

My calves were killing me by the end of those standing calf raises! Overall workout felt great. I decided to do the recumbent bike just to make sure I was flooding my muscles with blood to aid in recovery. My chest is sore this morning but my legs are ok.
    TEAM DEMON

Weight: 251.4

I don't think that I mentioned it before but I will be updating my weight twice a week on Wednesday and Saturday since that is when Stan has me weigh in. Btw the truetein Cinnabon is really good!
    TEAM DEMON

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IM IN ON THIS!

^^that stack 0_0

Today was an off day and I must say, it seems strange eating so much on an off day. Tomorrow is arm day and my triceps have always been weak so I know it's gonna be a tough workout for me. On a personal note, I only have 10 more days until Jamaica and I can't wait. It will be the first vacation that me and my wife have been on in 8 years. It's to celebrate our 10th anniversary even though that was back in January. It's gonna be so nice to just relax for a change. 65+ hours a week, every week really wears you down.
    TEAM DEMON

Today was an off day and I must say, it seems strange eating so much on an off day. Tomorrow is arm day and my triceps have always been weak so I know it's gonna be a tough workout for me. On a personal note, I only have 10 more days until Jamaica and I can't wait. It will be the first vacation that me and my wife have been on in 8 years. It's to celebrate our 10th anniversary even though that was back in January. It's gonna be so nice to just relax for a change. 65+ hours a week, every week really wears you down.
    Excited for you guys, I am sure u will have an awesome time!

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's super exciting. I know it will be nice to get that weight lifted off your shoulders, carefree!!!

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like you need this vacation, make the most of it and enjoy yourself. 10 more days will soon come by, it is so true when people say as you get older time flys.

Your doing some great workouts for your first week, well done

Your stack looks impressive and puts mine to shame

Keep it up
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Excited for you guys, I am sure u will have an awesome time!
    Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    That's super exciting. I know it will be nice to get that weight lifted off your shoulders, carefree!!!
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Sounds like you need this vacation, make the most of it and enjoy yourself. 10 more days will soon come by, it is so true when people say as you get older time flys.

Your doing some great workouts for your first week, well done

Your stack looks impressive and puts mine to shame

Keep it up
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna enjoy it more than you'll ever know. We've been talking about going back ever since the last time we were there. It's funny the closer I get to it though the more I'm kinda worried about the eating aspect of it. When we were a couple of months away from going I was thinking how great it was gonna be to pound a whole bunch of food and not worry about the weight gain, I mean in the long run its not going to matter and its not as if I'm in a contest the week after. But as it draws closer all I can think is that I don't want to give up any of the progress I've made. It's been a hard fought road and none of those pounds came off easy. I already have regret and I haven't even gone yet!!
    Last edited by curjo; 11-08-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    TEAM DEMON

Thanks guys! I'm gonna enjoy it more than you'll ever know. We've been talking about going back ever since the last time we were there. It's funny the closer I get to it though the more I'm kinda worried about the eating aspect of it. When we were a couple of months away from going I was thinking how great it was gonna be to pound a whole bunch of food and not worry about the weight gain, I mean in the long run its not going to matter and its not as if I'm in a contest the week after. But as it draws closer all I can think is that I don't want to give up any of the progress I've made. It's been a hard fought road and none of those pounds came off easy. I already have regret and I haven't even gone yet!!
    I know it is going to be hard but don't guilt yourself, the whole point is to go, relax and have fun. So don't think about anything else just chilax . You can always try and eat healthy there and do some cardio or something but in the end, you don't want to have ruined the experience by being stressed out and feeling regret.
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

I know it is going to be hard but don't guilt yourself, the whole point is to go, relax and have fun. So don't think about anything else just chilax . You can always try and eat healthy there and do some cardio or something but in the end, you don't want to have ruined the experience by being stressed out and feeling regret.
    Exactly what he said here. Obviously its not a vacation you get to go on on the regular, so dont let one week of possible bad eating make or break a fun filled vacation. You have to LIVE and ENJOY yourself! Its vacation so eat whatever you want, dont over indulge, just eat until your full. I had around 16k calories in 2.5 days and here i am on my third day back on my diet and only up a little bit of weight.

This for sure!

I have been to Vegas twice with my wife for her company's convention during contest prep, and both times I stuck to my diet, but I ALWAYS gave myself at least a day or two to eat and drink what I want for ONE meal.

Now you aren't in the midst of a show prep, so you should definitely induldge in what you can, but DON'T BINGE. Big difference there, the key is to just eat until you are full. You don't have to deprive yourself of fun and taste. I will be sure to be ready to get you back on the diet train when you return, don't worry!