ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thinking about getting one of these for squats..

valorathleticsinc.com/store/BD-6-Safety-Squat-Bench-Combo-Rack-p-16156.html

Anyone have one? Comments?

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like training with squat racks, but those spotter arms are practically non existant. And they have a gap in between them and the rack. Have you got a power rack already or are you looking for an alternative? If not there is a Body Solid power rack on sale for just a few dollars more.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I like training with squat racks, but those spotter arms are practically non existant. And they have a gap in between them and the rack. Have you got a power rack already or are you looking for an alternative? If not there is a Body Solid power rack on sale for just a few dollars more.
    Where? I only have 6.5' of overhead clearance.

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're truly at 6.5' MAX then the BS rack is one inch too tall.
    Some one linked this in another thread its the same price as the BS GPR378
    http://www.amazon.com/TDS-C-92565-SP.../dp/B004TMMA26

Also read reviews of the products your considering from actual owners. I remember on TDS owner posting some problems recently.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92565.html

$330

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-yoke.php
    http://www.roguefitness.com/new-rogu...quat-stand.php

http://www.roguefitness.com/set-of-s...otter-arms.php
    $620 with spotter bars for Yoke
    $480 with spotters for S-1

Difference between that Valor thing and proper half racks is the safeties have a useful length, 20" or more. At least they'll save you from getting crushed going straight down.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was looking at that too, but I decided that if I were to fail on a squat, I'd have to be pretty precision to fall and hit those safeties.
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

The problem is the cost. At least $400 with shipping. Others are much more. Trying for something in the low $300s. maybe I'll add sawhorses or something.

This looks good.
    amazon.com/Short-Power-Ceilings-Squat-Squatting/product-reviews/B005PNJHTW/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1& sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChessGuy View Post
    The problem is the cost. At least $400 with shipping. Others are much more. Trying for something in the low $300s. maybe I'll add sawhorses or something.

This looks good.
    amazon.com/Short-Power-Ceilings-Squat-Squatting/product-reviews/B005PNJHTW/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1& sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Based on your clearance and budget limitations, that one definitely looks like the best (safest) option so far.

This one is ~$375 shipped, but is supposedly rated for 1000lbs.....

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-RACK-HIG...058107&sr=1-25
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This looks good.
    Whatever you get, if it's going to take up the space and already cost you $300 it's worth the extra $50 for safety bars. If you can find something cheaper - great. But buying a rack without safety bars to save $50 seems...short sighted. The tds rack above costs $400 including shipping, the original rack linked to costs $350 with tiny little safety bars. A pair of sawhorses would cost you at least $50 anyways.

From the looks of the rack you mentioned in the quote is the right kind of design - no idea about durability etc.

Looks like the inexpensive short power racks are out of stock. I may get this one tomorrow

amazon.com/gp/product/B008FPVTL6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A39MYLEJG49HMW

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like the inexpensive short power racks are out of stock. I may get this one tomorrow

amazon.com/gp/product/B008FPVTL6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A39MYLEJG49HMW
    Don't see anything wrong with that one, as long as you're not over 6" tall. :-)

Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with that one, as long as you're not over 6" tall. :-)
    Looks like even those over 6 ft tall can use it. it's open on top front. Going to a fitness warehouse today to see what they have. They stock new and used stuff.

It's done. Got the last of the 199. cages. I hope their inventory counts are correct.

I don't have anyone to spot me so I need safety equipment.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's done. Got the last of the 199. cages. I hope their inventory counts are correct.

I don't have anyone to spot me so I need safety equipment.
    Post photos and your thoughts about it once it shows up.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14